Quantcast

Happy Birthday golgiaparatus!!!!!!!!!

J

JRB

Go smack a congo and have fun, bro. Have dinner with bikerfox if you like. It's your day!!!!!!!!:thumb:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
McGRP01 said:
Happy Day yo! Enjoy it! :)
Hey man, curious... are you going to Wakarusa this year?
I went last year and it was sweet. Especially for $75 (for thye earlybird tickets)

The line up is pretty Stellar here are some of the highlights:
Umphrey's McGee
The String Cheese Incident
Jazz Mandolin Project
Ozomatli
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
Galactic
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Garaj Mahal
Little Feat
Particle
Gov't Mule
The Big Wu
Wilco
The Schwag
North Mississippi Allstars
New Monsoon
Split Lip Rayfield

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
golgiaparatus said:
Hey man, curious... are you going to Wakarusa this year?
Nope. Not Langerado either. Now that the "the boys" are done, I doubt I'll travel any real distance for a concert or festival again. And forget Bonnaroo...just to much going on there. I'm planning on hitting the Greyfox Bluegrass Festival, it's within a couple hours of my house, Moe.Down and maybe Gathering of the Vibes, but that's about it. Most of my summer travel will be bike and/or family related.

Of course this is all subject to change if Umphrey's ever headlines their own festival. ;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
McGRP01 said:
Nope. Not Langerado either. Now that the "the boys" are done, I doubt I'll travel any real distance for a concert or festival again. And forget Bonnaroo...just to much going on there. I'm planning on hitting the Greyfox Bluegrass Festival, it's within a couple hours of my house, Moe.Down and maybe Gathering of the Vibes, but that's about it. Most of my summer travel will be bike and/or family related.

Of course this is all subject to change if Umphrey's ever headlines their own festival. ;)
I know the boys are done and thats a big bummer. It's really put a damper on my traveling to see music. But I'll still put rubber to pavement to see that much good music... hell on the upside, their retirement has made me go out and discover whole new worlds of music. By the way Fishman will be driving The Jazz Mandolin Project. It'll be good to see him again. I wish Trey would get on the line up, or perhaps the Bienviento Russo Do with Mike, hell, even Vida Blue would spark the way back machine for me.

It'll be a good time, no doubt. Last year I went by myself. This year promises to be ultra awesome since I'll have the GF with me. She's never been to anything like this.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Happy birthday dude!

My girlfriend (who is a pre-med biology major) still thinks you have the best screen name on the board :D

edit: Go ahead.. I know you're itching to make a dirty comment - I give you permission on your birthday ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
golgiaparatus said:
I know the boys are done and thats a big bummer. It's really put a damper on my traveling to see music. But I'll still put rubber to pavement to see that much good music... hell on the upside, their retirement has made me go out and discover whole new worlds of music. By the way Fishman will be driving The Jazz Mandolin Project. It'll be good to see him again. I wish Trey would get on the line up, or perhaps the Bienviento Russo Do with Mike, hell, even Vida Blue would spark the way back machine for me.

It'll be a good time, no doubt. Last year I went by myself. This year promises to be ultra awesome since I'll have the GF with me. She's never been to anything like this.
Yeah, I'll still travel in the 3 hour range (which for me takes me to NYC, Boston, Burlington, VT., Albany, etc.) to see good music. It's unlikely right now I'd hop in the truck and drive to Florida or Red Rocks to see a show like I used to. Doubt the wife would let me anyway... :rolleyes: :D

You're right though, lots of good new stuff out there for sure!! Particle, STS9, PGroove, Galactic, etc... It's been an eye-opening expierence for me lately.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
binary visions said:
Happy birthday dude!

My girlfriend (who is a pre-med biology major) still thinks you have the best screen name on the board :D

edit: Go ahead.. I know you're itching to make a dirty comment - I give you permission on your birthday ;)
All the bishes like mah screen name yo... aww sookie sookie :D
Sorry, I tried really I'm not that dirty ;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I'll still travel in the 3 hour range (which for me takes me to NYC, Boston, Burlington, VT., Albany, etc.) to see good music. It's unlikely right now I'd hop in the truck and drive to Florida or Red Rocks to see a show like I used to. Doubt the wife would let me anyway... :rolleyes: :D

You're right though, lots of good new stuff out there for sure!! Particle, STS9, PGroove, Galactic, etc... It's been an eye-opening expierence for me lately.
I'm vey impressed with Galactic. Those guy put on a really nasty throwdown funk party that would make James Brown go "UUUUH!!!". Have you checked out Garajmahal? Saw them last year, they have a pretty serious line up... Fareed Haque (legendary jazz guitarist and professor), Kai Eckhardt (John McLaughlins [mahivishnu orchestra] old bassist and legend in his own right), and some young badass drummer. These guys are real major league players that decided to form a "jam band".

As for the others, they are quality bands but some how I feel that they are still feeding off the dead carcass of the big Phish.

I am digging some of the solo stuff from older guys like Bill Frizell and Trilok Gurtu. As well as some of the new badass freeform jazz like MMW and JFJO.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
McGRP01 said:

Firstly HBD Gogli. I'll celebrate for you later. McGRP if you go to Moe.Down bring your bike. I (If I can go) have access to some secret trails in the area. Good stuff. May make your festival immensly entertaining if you do :sneaky: ......jdcamb

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jdcamb said:
Firstly HBD Gogli. I'll celebrate for you later. McGRP if you go to Moe.Down bring your bike. I (If I can go) have access to some secret trails in the area. Good stuff. May make your festival immensly entertaining if you do :sneaky: ......jdcamb
I'll keep that in mind. "Immensly entertaining" is always good. :sneaky: