Quantcast

Happy Birthday Syadasti

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Thanks Splat, that was a great ride back in 2007. Peter said it was a trip of a lifetime for him. He isn't too computer savvy, email is all he uses. I got an email from him a few days ago:

I had a lovely time in Italy. Long time on a plane, even further than America I think. 12 hours to Hong Kong + 12 hours to Heathrow then to Milan. Plus getting from Wellington to Auckland. It is only worth it when it's for 5 weeks. Unfortunately my Scott road bike had the carbon frame damaged on the flight over. I kept riding it anyway and am now claiming $3k kiwi for a new frame and fork.
Saw a few stages of the Giro. The team time trial in Turin, and individual hill climb in Nevegal and the sprint finish in Teramo and one or two other bits.
We were mainly doing our own rides and sight seeing.
We were in France for nearly a week in the Rhone Alps staying in Borges St Maurice. Big hills (mountain passes) up to 2000m with snow on the ground. Early to mid May, still spring.
We mainly travelled by train.
When we climbed Mt Zonoclan in the Dolomites we really strugged with the race bike gearing. The lowest ration is 39 front x 25 rear. We didn't even have the compact road gears. To get up the gradient about 18 to 20 % , I had to zig zag up the narrow mountain road. About 7 km. Real Hard. We had some epic rides up to 6 hours, 160 kms.
After the Giro finished, Ian went home and I went to Rome for a week Site seeing going to art galleries, relaxing shopping.
Was glad to get home in the end even though the weather is ****e. Cold wet and windy Welly.

see ya

peter

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
HBD! But I think I'll need to see some written evidence to support the claim that it is indeed your birthday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I hope someone nice buys you a Mac for your birthday!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That first pic makes me want to congratulate you on making it this far. You had your gnar bar that day!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
HBD Josh.

I'm going to be back in NY for about 2 weeks in late August. Are you going to be around then?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
HBD Josh.

I'm going to be back in NY for about 2 weeks in late August. Are you going to be around then?
I think so. Only hang up is if I get forced into house sitting in Costa Rica for my sister (I'm serious, Kevin is familiar). Right now I'm clear - I haven't volunteered. View from my sister's house...

Last edited:

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
HAPPY BELATED. birthday that is. if you are gonna be around, i'm still working on that august ride. might ride the sourlands at night on friday if you are interested in some lit rocks. no home brew, but i'll bring the stash.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Thanks Dave. Gotta ride MMP!

I'm not supposed to exercise until Sunday - got my birthday surgery today - oral skin graft to fix receding gums.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think so. Only hang up is if I get forced into house sitting in Costa Rica for my sister (I'm serious, Kevin is familiar). Right now I'm clear - I haven't volunteered. View from my sister's house...

I just saw Alex got a new dirt bike, could be interesting to do some house sitting there ;)
But try not to walk through crocodile infested rivers this time please! :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
5 day photos. So far 1 out of 10 on irritation/pain. Barely noticeable/annoying other than the fact I can't eat regular food or brush my top teeth.