Quantcast

Happy Birthday you Mac Geek you!!!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I heard there was a recruiter working on a spot for you around here.
Yeah, I've been applying to various postings mostly in Portland and some in Bend. I really liked Austin too, but the PNW seems like a better fit. I am wondering if I should also consider Seattle since there are more jobs/a strong economy there (more mountain biking close to the city too)?

I haven't been to Seattle since 1996 but I liked it back then. I have family in Port Townsend. My cousin and his wife in Portland are from PT. He's actually moving to Spokane for school this summer (physical therapy) but is worried he's going to miss Portland.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I used to drive to Seattle for work and I considered Microsoft in my early years. But the traffic was too much and the cost of living was crazy, at least it seemed so at the time. Portland traffic is nothing in comparison to Seattle and I know the bus/MAX system here well enough.

You need to bring a bike and hit the reopened Sandy Ridge trail and Stub Stewart. Both are about 30 minutes (one east, one west) from Portland proper with some incredible stuff.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Happy Birthday!
Seattle area is pretty cool still. Tons of traffic as mentioned though. But lots of great bike riding. And close to the mountains and ocean if you are into other sports.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Is the surfing in Seattle as good as it is off the coast here? :rofl: I tried to surf at Short Sands once.
I learned to surf at Neptune Beach, just south of Yachats :) I haven't surfed WA, but hear that Shi Shi Beach is where it's at. There's always Westport too. But we're not talking North Shore quality or anything ;)

HFBD!!!! Make it a great one, and remember, if you choose Sea-Town, the monkies here will show you what you need to see! :)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I used to bodyboard here when I was a kid (including the winter with a wetsuit) but I really don't like the crowds. I haven't been to the beach in years but its only about a 15 minute drive. I have been long boarding/surfing/bodyboarding in the South Pacific in Costa Rica numerous times but its not a huge deal to me. Having great seafood (which both have) is more important :drool:

Cost of living is the same in Seattle as my present location.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My G4 still works...

Next month Apple is coming out with the third revision of their cougar OS. They need to work on that - three OSX revisions all with the same cat - Puma, Panther, Mountain Lion. Their marketing people failed basic zoology.

Last edited: