Quantcast

Happy Channukkah Monkies

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I've got one that says:

"Catholics don't recognize divorce--Jews don't recognize the afterlife---Babtists don't recognize eachother coming out of the liquor store."

:D

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
BigMike said:
Yeah, I had a migrane and spent the night alone tonight.... way to kick off the holiday :rolleyes:
bummer mike. no local jewish friends?
i actually wouldn't have done anything for it but my girlfriend is jewish and a couple friends wanted to see what it was like so we went over to my folks house for dinner.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Brian HCM#1 said:
Yep, but my wife isn't.
Interesting how you felt the need to qualify that Brian. My matrimonial experience is the same as yours. In my case, I just couldn't find any jewish women who didn't remind me on some level of my mother which immediately sounded the death knell to that search (I somehow suspect you know what I'm talking about here).
:p

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
cliffster5 said:
Interesting how you felt the need to qualify that Brian. My matrimonial experience is the same as yours. In my case, I just couldn't find any jewish women who didn't remind me on some level of my mother which immediately sounded the death knell to that search (I somehow suspect you know what I'm talking about here).
:p
I dated a few Jewish girls but never got too serious with them. One I did like a lot but I was too young to settle down and take on a pre-made family. I was 22 she was 24 and had a 7 year old son. However talk about a good looking girl OMFG!!!!!!! Plus a rich parents who owned at that time like 7 Big O tire stores :sneaky:. Anyways my parents always loved my wife but was kinda disapointed when we were going to get married because they wanted me to keep the faith going, I said I want to be happy. Now my parents can care less if she's Jewish or not, they love her even more now:thumb:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Yep, my mom likes my wife better than she likes me. She was kvelling this morning when I told her that we lit the candles last night, played dredle (sp?) with the girls, and ate Hannukah geldt. I figured I didn't need to mention that we did all this by the light of the Christmas tree in the living room.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
cliffster5 said:
Yep, my mom likes my wife better than she likes me. She was kvelling this morning when I told her that we lit the candles last night, played dredle (sp?) with the girls, and ate Hannukah geldt. I figured I didn't need to mention that we did all this by the light of the Christmas tree in the living room.
I haven't set mine up this year, just the xmas tree. My parents are on a cruise till the 19th so I'll miss her nagging on me to set it up ;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BigMike said:
I just know, I will NEVER have a Christmas tree in my haus.
Thats what I said, then married someone Catholic and had kids. The thing she did agree with was not to have any symbols of Jesus, Nativity scenes etc. So we're all good.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats what I said, then married someone Catholic and had kids. The thing she did agree with was not to have any symbols of Jesus, Nativity scenes etc. So we're all good.
I dunno man, I don't know if I could deal with it. Some of my cousins have Christmas trees, and I cant stand them. I mean, in all of my non-Jew friend's houses, I love Christmas trees and decorations, just not mine.....