Quantcast

happy democracy is on the ballot day

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
3 million is a lot of suitcases stuffed under the tables.

I might have to rethink things and just use the Italian satellites to change the tallies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That guy's still around? WTH? Guessing you're tied to a massive HR machine of some kind...
While you're not wrong, I'm actually not a massive asshole. Step one is to let him know he fucked up and give him a chance to fix it. Step two is to get HR involved and say if you fuck up again, you're gone. Step three is the door.

I really want to give people a chance and I actually believe that most people with any interest in interesting science would be able to learn any of the shit I do...but I never thought I'd need to check three times to see if my report is coming to work on a random tuesday.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've got my ballot ready to be dropped off.

Speaking of dropping things off - does anyone else here use a pooping stool (squatty potty)? I have a hunk of driftwood I found decades ago that I use to prop my feet up while dropping dueces. Its been a fantastic piece of kit.

A real game changer if you ask me!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm looking for a 150-170mm travel Marz Xtra-firm spring from the 2-coil 04 66-type forks.
i think there was a extra yellow spring and a extra white spring in the box....you want them?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I've got my ballot ready to be dropped off.

Speaking of dropping things off - does anyone else here use a pooping stool (squatty potty)? I have a hunk of driftwood I found decades ago that I use to prop my feet up while dropping dueces. Its been a fantastic piece of kit.

A real game changer if you ask me!
My glorious GI tract never seems to need any more help getting things out. No feet propping needed.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I always preferred to manage my own personally since nobody will spend as much time and energy on it as you will.
I've got a pre-tax 401K that includes a company match and additional pension contribution. There isn't much I can do with it short of stopping the contributions and giving up the free company matches. Not that I would know what to do with it if I went that route, but that is why financial advisors exist.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I've got a pre-tax 401K that includes a company match and additional pension contribution. There isn't much I can do with it short of stopping the contributions and giving up the free company matches. Not that I would know what to do with it if I went that route, but that is why financial advisors exist.
You would be surprised as to how much control you can have over any of them. It's your money, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Even some of the most stingy companies have some sort of selection that includes their stocks or funds or at least have a percentage that you have to include when even making your own funds or ETFs in order to keep the matching and additional contributions.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You would be surprised as to how much control you can have over any of them. It's your money, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Even some of the most stingy companies have some sort of selection that includes their stocks or funds or at least have a percentage that you have to include when even making your own funds or ETFs in order to keep the matching and additional contributions.
The last sentence in @I Are Baboon's post is the important part. :clue:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The last sentence in @I Are Baboon's post is the important part. :clue:
I Agree, finding an advisor that can help translate your specific needs and wants is crucial until it becomes clear then the training wheels can come off and things can be managed personally. Finding an advisor that is willing to teach and explain on the other hand is something a bit harder to find and typically never comes cheap. But I am willing to bet anyone would be willing to go back and give up that 20% dip to an advisor in order to have the knowledge themselves.