Quantcast

~~~ HAPPY EARTH DAY aka GMT 4/22/03 ~~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Happy Earth Day Monkeys!

Last night was pretty quiet around my house. Sq-Earl bailed on his ride due to the rain that didn't end yesterday. Tonight I am supposed to co-lead a road ride with one of my team mates so hopefully I get home in time to actually work on my road bike before I go. My hands keep going numb when I ride so I am going to change my bar position a little. I think I am rolled down too much. I am also considering new bars and am looking for a new stem too.

What's everyone else up to this fine day?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi Treesaw. Did you ever get those Mavic shoes? What do you think?

Good morning everybody.

Working for now, but looking forward to a good long ride this afternoon and temps near 60. I worked outside in the cold and rain yesterday and feel like ****. I think a spin will fix that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good morning, monkeys. Earth day hump day! Almost out of the weeds, but not quite yet.

This is the final week of my wifes night class and it will be nice to have her less stressed and our daughter less sad. Maddie and I have enjoyed our time together, but it's hard when mom is only around 2 hours after school. 2 more nights and a Saturday, yeah!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I hate getting up early... got up at 4am TX time to get a flight for noon meeting in WY.

Meeting just got pushed back 2 hours!!! Ugh.

For earth day I'm taking 4 flights... that can't be good. Oh well, need to be in OR by tomorrow...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'll be planting a topsy turvy for Earth Day. (it was a gift from my in-laws)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Hi Treesaw. Did you ever get those Mavic shoes? What do you think?

Good morning everybody.

Working for now, but looking forward to a good long ride this afternoon and temps near 60. I worked outside in the cold and rain yesterday and feel like ****. I think a spin will fix that.
They should come in with my wheels this week and I'll give them a couple of rides and let you know. I went with the Tempo model (their women's models are white :disgust1: ) and I am really excited to try them out. I hope they come today 'cause I have rides planned tomorrow and Friday!

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Its a good day, even though I woke up to snow covering my truck. Went to an interview this morning and scored an internship for next fall...I'm pretty psyched.

Now I'm off to work, and lost tonight.

And tomorrow the rescue squad is voting on whether or not they want to let me become a member.

Other than being super busy, this is a good week.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'll be planting a topsy turvy for Earth Day. (it was a gift from my in-laws)
My wife and I were looking at those because out new HOA has an ugly "approval" process for front landscape changes. I was going to build her a multi-tiered raised bed, but something like that would be a lot less work for me :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nice! I thought about getting one of those too as the deer destroy most everything (including my fence).
F'ing deer have killed so much at my house. I planted two metasequoias last year and I was happy to see the deer didn't touch them over the winter. They are one of the few deciduous conifers so I think that helped them.

Last year I have a few trees that got beat down by Japanese Beatles. This year I went around and burned (with a propane torch) all the Gypsy moth eggs I could find.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My wife and I were looking at those because out new HOA has an ugly "approval" process for front landscape changes. I was going to build her a multi-tiered raised bed, but something like that would be a lot less work for me :D
That sucks!
Maybe you should get divorced? Wouldn't need anything then. Just kidding!

I'm glad I have a house and 9acres so I don't have to worry about that. I could grow pot in my woods and nobody would know the difference.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
wilco last night.

they had an ooompah band as openers.....i had the ipod turned up all the way listening to beaver/misfits box set.

lady behind me bitched about the ipod screen lighting up when i scrolled through songs.

same lady had no problem dragging her ass across the back of my head every time she went to get a beer/take a piss/take a dump. her ass would bump me in the back of the head when she bent over. i get bumped in the head, turn around, there is her fvcking ass staring me in the face.

i asked her "while your boyfriend/husband may think your ass is the bees knees, would please keep it to your fvcking self. it doesn't do a thing for me."

her ass...15 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag.

he threatened to punch me and i laughed at him.

wilco was alright.

Last edited:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Not all that good a morn here. Having quite a run of sh!t luck:
One of my dogs is dying of lymphoma. Currently has kidney failure. She is uncontrollably urinating / butt urinating / puking. Every surface of the house that is not hardwood or linoleum is pretty much annihilated. We have had a vacation planned for a while (my girlfriend and I have not had a vacation together in over 2 years). Supposed to leave in 2 weeks. Not sure if we should go, or if we can go (vet has drained us of money). To top it off, our car was broken into Sunday afternoon. Passenger side window smashed and Amie's wallet taken. This was of course right before the rain storm. :disgust1: Utter crap.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
One of my dogs is dying of lymphoma. Currently has kidney failure. She is uncontrollably urinating / butt urinating / puking. Every surface of the house that is not hardwood or linoleum is pretty much annihilated. We have had a vacation planned for a while (my girlfriend and I have not had a vacation together in over 2 years). Supposed to leave in 2 weeks. Not sure if we should go, or if we can go (vet has drained us of money). To top it off, our car was broken into Sunday afternoon. Passenger side window smashed and Amie's wallet taken. This was of course right before the rain storm. :disgust1: Utter crap.
Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. Animals normally can do a job on a house but I couldn't imagine going through that. How old is the dog?

I thought Maine was Crime Free?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. Animals normally can do a job on a house but I couldn't imagine going through that. How old is the dog?

I thought Maine was Crime Free?

Dog is somewhere 10-12 yrs. From the shelter so we are not certain.

This is only the second time someone has broken into a vehicle of mine. It is the first time for the broken glass.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

This is only the second time someone has broken into a vehicle of mine. It is the first time for the broken glass.
Oh so the dog is a bit older, good luck with her.

Where were you going on vacation?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

:( Sounds like you could really use a vacation so I hope you'll get to go.

Sick pets really suck and I just went though vet draining bills that ultimately ended in November when we had to have our cat put to sleep. NOT an easy decision, but I know it was the right thing to do in his situation.

Good luck!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
:( Sounds like you could really use a vacation so I hope you'll get to go.

Sick pets really suck and I just went though vet draining bills that ultimately ended in November when we had to have our cat put to sleep. NOT an easy decision, but I know it was the right thing to do in his situation.

Good luck!
Thanks. It not going to be the first pet I've come to the end of the line with, but it alway does suck.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Every time I see your avatar I think "Evil is a foot" or "Spoon" :busted:

Another of my favorites: "You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world"
I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

I'm taking off the kid gloves, and putting on the very mad gloves.

Nobody mucks around with the Tick's bodily membranes. Prepare for swift justice.

Tick's Brain: Tick, this is your mind speaking.
Tick: Oh. Hello.
Tick's Brain: Sorry I haven't been around much lately but I'm easily distracted by shiny objects.

The Evil Midnight Bomber: I'm cookin' with gas. I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad. Yeah. That's your spinal cord. Baby. Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Evil Midnight Bomber: So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

I'm taking off the kid gloves, and putting on the very mad gloves.

Nobody mucks around with the Tick's bodily membranes. Prepare for swift justice.

Tick's Brain: Tick, this is your mind speaking.
Tick: Oh. Hello.
Tick's Brain: Sorry I haven't been around much lately but I'm easily distracted by shiny objects.

The Evil Midnight Bomber: I'm cookin' with gas. I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad. Yeah. That's your spinal cord. Baby. Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Evil Midnight Bomber: So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!
Ah yesh, the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs at midnight -- YEAH BABY...YEAH...YEAH!!! and Bad is good, baby. Down with government!

How about Tick: "Sanity, you're a mad man"

or...

Tick: (when fighting Barry/Tick): Can't lose my name, it's on all my stationery!

Tick: Deadly Bulb. I'm about to write you a reality check. Or would you prefer the cold, hard cash of truth?

and you can't forget "The eyes play tricks like tiny round devils".

Now I am going to want to watch them (I have the seasons on DVD). :busted:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I hate to say it, but it might be time to let your pet move on to better things that don't involve pain and suffering. That stuff sucks. I had to let my little buddy move on due to liver cancer not too long ago.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Ah yesh, the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs at midnight -- YEAH BABY...YEAH...YEAH!!! and Bad is good, baby. Down with government!

How about Tick: "Sanity, you're a mad man"

or...

Tick: (when fighting Barry/Tick): Can't lose my name, it's on all my stationery!

Tick: Deadly Bulb. I'm about to write you a reality check. Or would you prefer the cold, hard cash of truth?

and you can't forget "The eyes play tricks like tiny round devils".

Now I am going to want to watch them (I have the seasons on DVD). :busted:
didn't know you were such a fan. i'll have to remember to bring you a little something for the next MF. any firm dates yet???