Quantcast

happy f'n humpday, now bend over and grab some rail

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you have no idea what my company just told me. I cant even think about typing without wanting to get up and walk out on this sorry ass blood sucking corporate crap.

As for the girlfriend, i dont have one, but i did go on a date with a super hot 38 year old woman last night but she is psycho so im not gonna do that again.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
biggins said:
you have no idea what my company just told me. I cant even think about typing without wanting to get up and walk out on this sorry ass blood sucking corporate crap.
Well?? What did they tell you?

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
is that why she scared you biggs, cuz she told you to bend over and grab rail? she's not psycho, some people just have different turn ons! :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so the company is denying me the possibility of applying for a new position that i have been waiting on for at least a year. two weeks ago my boss was all about helping me with it. Now when i asked her to sign the release for my internal application she declined it saying that she felt it would be better for me to do this another and that my attitude towards the company is bad and this that and the other. So here i am stuck in this lowpaying part of the company, i mean very low paying. To make the situation worse i have never been reprimanded verbaly or spoken for anything. Never wads approached by any managment telling me that i need to improve in the attitude area. It was just out of nowhere. Now im screwed because this opportunity will not be around again for years. Time to find a new place to work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
so the company is denying me the possibility of applying for a new position that i have been waiting on for at least a year. two weeks ago my boss was all about helping me with it. Now when i asked her to sign the release for my internal application she declined it saying that she felt it would be better for me to do this another and that my attitude towards the company is bad and this that and the other. So here i am stuck in this lowpaying part of the company, i mean very low paying. To make the situation worse i have never been reprimanded verbaly or spoken for anything. Never wads approached by any managment telling me that i need to improve in the attitude area. It was just out of nowhere. Now im screwed because this opportunity will not be around again for years. Time to find a new place to work.
Sometimes the easiest way to a promotion is to find another job somewhere else. Some places even look down upon someone who has had the same job for too long because it makes them look unmotivated or afraid of change. Good luck man!.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sucks, biggins.

The boss probably just doesn't want to lose a worker, and is too shortsighted to see the benefit to the company overall.

Like you said, time to find a new job. Good luck with the search.

Take a big ol' crap on your boss's desk when you leave. If she catches you, tell her it's your letter of resignation :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Megan Black said:
is that why she scared you biggs, cuz she told you to bend over and grab rail? she's not psycho, some people just have different turn ons! :blah:
no she really was a psycho. i will not under any circumstances ever go on a date with her ever again.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Meh!! I had a boss once who, when I tried to post out of the department to advance my career, took it as a personal insult and refused to help. Screw that. So I took a job at another company.

That sucks, Biggins. I'm still not giving you a hug though. :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Meh!! I had a boss once who, when I tried to post out of the department to advance my career, took it as a personal insult and refused to help. Screw that. So I took a job at another company.

That sucks, Biggins. I'm still not giving you a hug though. :D

please?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
biggins said:
To make the situation worse i have never been reprimanded verbaly or spoken for anything. Never wads approached by any managment telling me that i need to improve in the attitude area. It was just out of nowhere. Now im screwed because this opportunity will not be around again for years. Time to find a new place to work.
Bring it up with her boss or with the people in the new department that you wish to be a part of. Tell them exactly what you have just said here. Do you have any documents (emails, hand written notes from the boss, etc) to support your claim that she was helping you just weeks ago? If so, that is as good as gold. Don’t use it until you need to refute her claims, probably be after her boss talks to her.

I actually knew a company that would intentionally do stuff like this to see how the people re-acted... total dick move, but they ended up with a lot of very strong and resourceful people working for them.

But looking for a new job outside the company is not a bad idea either.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i thought about that, but i just dont even wanna have anything to do with a company that does this. I have given them a couple of years of good work and i deserve better. It is basically everything i have been working towards for 2 years in this company. I have passed up other jobs and possibilities outside of this company and she pulls this crap. Oh well my notice is gonna be for Feb. 15.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
i thought about that, but i just dont even wanna have anything to do with a company that does this. I have given them a couple of years of good work and i deserve better. It is basically everything i have been working towards for 2 years in this company. I have passed up other jobs and possibilities outside of this company and she pulls this crap. Oh well my notice is gonna be for Feb. 15.
If you are on your way out you might as well give it a shot. It sounds like this is your boss not the company, getting the promotion or a new job would give you a new boss right?

Last job I had I wanted a promotion and they told me no because I was too valuable where I was. I got offers from other companies and told my bosses bosses boss about it, he scrambled to get me the promotion I wanted. I ended up taking the outside job offer more because I was looking for a larger change in life and wanted to move. I kind of wish I had the job with the old company but could live where I do now.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
binary visions said:
Going to a level above your boss is usually useless, and is occasionally career suicide.

Almost never worth it.
Although it's gotten me promotions before, I agree... but it sounds like he has nothing to lose here. Plus if he does have documented evidence, and he goes to his boss's boss and is fired it, he can sue the snot out of them!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
If you are on your way out you might as well give it a shot. It sounds like this is your boss not the company, getting the promotion or a new job would give you a new boss right?

Last job I had I wanted a promotion and they told me no because I was too valuable where I was. I got offers from other companies and told my bosses bosses boss about it, he scrambled to get me the promotion I wanted. I ended up taking the outside job offer more because I was looking for a larger change in life and wanted to move. I kind of wish I had the job with the old company but could live where I do now.
well the problem is is my bosses boss is asgreeance with her or so she says. even though i have never met the guy somehow he feels like he can judge my character and work ethic. i just dont understand.

as far as pushing the weight around of my value to the company they couldnt care less being as how i dont have a lot of weight to push around and they know if i leave 4 or 5 other people are waiting to get into my position.

my question is if i have an attitude problem why in the hel ldidnt someone let me know. there are all these disciplinary processes and coaching methods that should have been employed to let me better myself as an employee.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Biggins: Sorry to hear about the BS you are going through. :(

Oh well my notice is gonna be for Feb. 15.
Get a new gig first, no matter how much things suck at work. Go in do your job, and do it for one reason, a paycheck until a better job comes along.

And surf RM most of the day when your at work, eff 'em. :sneaky: