Quantcast

~~~~~~~Happy Friday Morning!~~~~~~~~

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
Man, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

And I have a boatload of school work...... no riding. I finally decided to get a telemetry strap for my cardio work outs. Major milestone, I got my resting heart rate to 60.

Who has big plans?
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,763
0
Vestal, NY
Nothing of any real excitement. I got up early this morning and hit the weights. Now that the days are noticably shorter, my riding is going to start getting cut back, so it's time to get back into the weight routine. Yea... thrilling I know.

I hope to get one ride in this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. My wife is out of town today and tomorrow, so it's me and the kids till Sunday. I'd like to get out on the road bike or check out some dirt jumps in town. Hopefully one of the two will pan out for me.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Nothing of any real excitement. I got up early this morning and hit the weights. Now that the days are noticably shorter, my riding is going to start getting cut back, so it's time to get back into the weight routine. Yea... thrilling I know.

me.
I am planning to start back on the weights soon, what little muscle I had in the spring is gone

masters of the mountain race # 3 of 3 is Sunday....... :help:
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,146
577
Nilbog
yeeeehaw its friday. Right now i am in the process of deciding wheather i should go to the mahem race tomorrow at snowshoe and just ride orrrrrrrrrr stay home do an epic with a bunch of guys and get stuff done that i need to. Help me decide...
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Happy friday everyone!

i am taking it easy today, up until sunday. Sunday 6 am .. I will begin my first century.. I am starting to get physced about it!!!! and at the same time I want it to be over.

I usually go back to the gym in the begining of Oct. 3-4 days a week. Plus I will ride to the gym and then after it for my cardio. I actually miss the gym. When summer comes there are too many things to do, but once winter comes I am a Gym rat.

BTW Jackson.. you get better results when you lift the weights as opposed to hitting them :thumb:
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,763
0
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
BTW Jackson.. you get better results when you lift the weights as opposed to hitting them :thumb:
hmmm... intersting. I always wondered why people said their muscles were sore after going to the gym. My knuckles (and sometimes my head) hurts after a workout, but never my muscles.
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,638
26
behind the viewfinder
brilliant night out last night...got to see loads of people i worked w/ on the project, drink beers and talk about women w/ the Sr VP of my division, more pints after hours at the Turk's Head...awesome time.

now it's grey, rainy, and i'm in work. plane back home tomorrow. recovery on sunday.
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
I'll be at Jiminy Peak tomorrow if anyone else is up there. I'll be there with a lot of guys, I know of at least 10 that are going. I'll be at my brothers tonight, as we are driving out together tomorrow.

Bought some more Comp 32s last night. God I love those tires. :D
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning! Not much going on here today, just working as usual. I'm racing at Plattekill this weekend, so I'm headed there tomorrow for practice and then back on Sunday to race. I'm also in the process of (hopefully) buying a new frame. If it works out, details will follow...
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeeeehaw its friday. Right now i am in the process of deciding wheather i should go to the mahem race tomorrow at snowshoe and just ride orrrrrrrrrr stay home do an epic with a bunch of guys and get stuff done that i need to. Help me decide...

go race
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,763
0
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
hey jackson... how did you make out with your road bike???
Jamis ended up sending me a set of ultegra internal-cam skewers and some touchup paint. I'm satisfied... now I just gotta find time to ride the damn thing.
 
Aug 2, 2005
222
0
The Island
Morning!
It's Friday so who can complain really? Only 2 classes today....the Pats won last night, and I took it easy on the beer and didn't come to work with a hangover. To top it off the MV Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby starts Sunday morning at 12:01 AM (another serious blow to my ride time)....so all is well in the world......(that is if the Sox can do some damage this weekend against the Yanks)
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Senôr Lopez said:
To top it off the MV Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby starts Sunday morning at 12:01 AM (another serious blow to my ride time)....so all is well in the world

What!!!??? Are you all cod-fished out? ;)

Stripers are rolling here down south as well. But I'm into red drum fishing and they're HUGE right now. ......Cut mullet and cold beer--what could be better? :thumb:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,135
255
NY
hooples3 said:
don't let it happen again!!! :cool:

hows everything??? getting ready for tommorow???
Yeah I can't wait! Devon and Ray can't get here till late tonight so I'm probably gonna bag the idea of going to MTN Creek in the early morning and just hit Stewart.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Morning!
Sorry I'm late!

Was beginning to think you'd been promoted to management and started taking Friday's off..... :D


I've been meaning to ask you.......when you sat down with the couple from Jacksonville, NC for breakfast earlier last week, could you guys understand each other, or did you get a sense you were stuck in a lost episode of Hee-Haw? ;)
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,135
255
NY
Greyhound said:
Was beginning to think you'd been promoted to management and started taking Friday's off..... :D


I've been meaning to ask you.......when you sat down with the couple from Jacksonville, NC for breakfast earlier last week, could you guys understand each other, or did you get a sense you were stuck in a lost episode of Hee-Haw? ;)
They are originally from Ohio.

Funny you should say that though because the woman was the only one talking at first. As the conversation progress the husband jumped in at which point I realised he had a voice box installed in his throat. He was a cancer survivor and him and his wife toured around to the school districts in NC talking about the negative effects of cigarette smoking.
Totally awesome couple and they gave me their card and told them to look them up if we ever came down.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
They are originally from Ohio.

Funny you should say that though because the woman was the only one talking at first. As the conversation progress the husband jumped in at which point I realised he had a voice box installed in his throat. He was a cancer survivor and him and his wife toured around to the school districts in NC talking about the negative effects of cigarette smoking.
Totally awesome couple and they gave me their card and told them to look them up if we ever came down.

Ahhhh.....I see. If they were Carolina born-n-bred, you would definitely know it from the get-go. I sound like a pure hick.



Wait a minute........I am a hick. :help:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,135
255
NY
Greyhound said:
Ahhhh.....I see. If they were Carolina born-n-bred, you would definitely know it from the get-go. I sound like a pure hick.



Wait a minute........I am a hick. :help:
Well believe it or not where I live in NY it's pretty hick like.

This is my apt front door, note the many tractors and horse stalls adjacent to my front door.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,135
255
NY
splat said:
Did a Great Ride last night ! have today , off picking the Kids up at school adn then Up to the Kingdom trails !!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO
Thats awesome that you're bringing the kids with ya!!

Good luck and take lot's O' pics!
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. So glad it's finally Friday! What a week....first someone tries to cut the trunk rack off the back of my car last night and today is the end of our summer Fridays at work (no more getting out at 2). I'm excited though because Rob is coming down tonight and then it's off to Stewart tomorrow!
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,758
2,599
MTB New England
splat said:
Did a Great Ride last night ! have today , off picking the Kids up at school adn then Up to the Kingdom trails !!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO
:dancing:

We're leaving at 2:30 and stopping for chow along the way. Goddamn Springfield holiday traffic is going to SUCK.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,135
255
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning. So glad it's finally Friday! What a week....first someone tries to cut the trunk rack off the back of my car last night and today is the end of our summer Fridays at work (no more getting out at 2). I'm excited though because Rob is coming down tonight and then it's off to Stewart tomorrow!
Actually we tried the "get out at 3pm on Fridays" for the summer and apparently we're gonna carry it thru the rest of the year.

Thank god my boss is an x-hippie!!!
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Actually we tried the "get out at 3pm on Fridays" for the summer and apparently we're gonna carry it thru the rest of the year.

Thank god my boss is an x-hippie!!!
I want an ex-hippie for a publisher! I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself until 5 today. The good thing about my job is that if I leave earlier, they really won't care. Actually I have an article to write. Apparently some guy just broke the world record time for swimming from Albany to NYC. I have to talk to him (as long as he hasn't died yet from ingesting all that water from the Hudson!)
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
I want an ex-hippie for a publisher! I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself until 5 today. The good thing about my job is that if I leave earlier, they really won't care. Actually I have an article to write. Apparently some guy just broke the world record time for swimming from Albany to NYC. I have to talk to him (as long as he hasn't died yet from ingesting all that water from the Hudson!)
bluebug.. who do you write for???