Quantcast

***Happy Hump-Day Morning***

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Well I guess Stosh is slacking off again......
Must have taken a hard fall walking on the bike trails last night.

I rode around the streets of brooklyn last night looking for the perfect house to buy... 14 miles.. no luck finding the house though... tonight I am looking at 3 houses and then i am off to the Hamptons for a party weekend

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hooples3 said:
Well I guess Stosh is slacking off again......
Must have taken a hard fall walking on the bike trails last night.

I rode around the streets of brooklyn last night looking for the perfect house to buy... 14 miles.. no luck finding the house though... tonight I am looking at 3 houses and then i am off to the Hamptons for a party weekend

price range?

vball was rained out, so for the 1st time in months I didnt go anywhere after work......it was B O R I N G !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I did so much walking last night.... Ughhh I led my group up some pretty steep climbs. Nobody could handle it but I had no problems walking up them... silly bikers....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I did so much walking last night.... Ughhh I led my group up some pretty steep climbs. Nobody could handle it but I had no problems walking up them... silly bikers....

Hey, I'll give you $68.34 for your MKIII

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, homefries. My trip to the gym was canceled last night on account of MMcG and MBC wanting to go for an MTB ride, so I joined them. Nice night for a ride. MBC and I have ridden 7 of the last 13 days. :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
It was an easy ride....actually, the walking was tougher than the ride.

Good night last night with Stosh and Aubrey, Splat and Beth. I ended up with another nice deep gash in my knee from falling on a flat spot, Beth flipped over her handlebars...all in all not too bad. Stiff as hell this morning and very unmotivated to do anything today, but that's not a bad thing.

And Sweeney's r0xx0rz my b0xx0rz.

And no spoon involvement in anything yesterday either.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - as IAB already mentioned - we had a good ride last night. Pretty good pace too. Showed MBC a new trail at the Reservoir, but I'm not sure if she liked it or not. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It was an easy ride....actually, the walking was tougher than the ride.

Good night last night with Stosh and Aubrey, Splat and Beth. I ended up with another nice deep gash in my knee from falling on a flat spot, Beth flipped over her handlebars...all in all not too bad. Stiff as hell this morning and very unmotivated to do anything today, but that's not a bad thing.

And Sweeney's r0xx0rz my b0xx0rz.

And no spoon involvement in anything yesterday either.
Dude, nobody can ever make fun of you for how your ride because you have the least total amount of time on a bike compared to anybody on this site.
I was already noticing improvement with you and Beth last night. I'm sure the both of you have noticed how well you have been riding compared to the begining of the summer when you first started riding.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Did 1/2 hour cardio yesterday morning. Full blown workout tonight.

We lost power the night before last. Didn't get it back till 10:45AM yesterday. Took wife to the doctor. She seems to have this nerve impingement that causes her great pain. They put her on steroids and told her to lay off of it till the inflammation goes down. So last night was just chillin with the wife.

Stoked about Snowshoe this weekend!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin....

Wow....not a lot to report. Looks like a boring week so far. Managed to get the yard mowed just before the most torrential of downpours occured yesterday evening. It's been hotter than a goats butt in a pepper patch the last few days, so the cool-off was a welcome change. Nothing much after that.....just a bottle of wine and a some cheeseburgers on the grill during the storm and then some TV before hitting the sack. Like I said.........pretty boring so far.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Dude, nobody can ever make fun of you for how your ride because you have the least total amount of time on a bike compared to anybody on this site.
I was already noticing improvement with you and Beth last night. I'm sure the both of you have noticed how well you have been riding compared to the begining of the summer when you first started riding.
I certainly notice the improvement, but nothing was working for me last night. No line I picked was good, my legs were feeling weak and my lungs were screaming.

I think a few days of not eating crap and getting a decent amount of sleep would probably be a good thing before I go hard again.

Next week...of course.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Went out to dinner and a movie last night...saw the Fab. 4 and it was OK. Dinner was pretty tasty...mmmmm burger. Today I am getting ready to head over to my folks house to help my mother replant some plants and put up a shed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I certainly notice the improvement, but nothing was working for me last night. No line I picked was good, my legs were feeling weak and my lungs were screaming.

I think a few days of not eating crap and getting a decent amount of sleep would probably be a good thing before I go hard again.

Next week...of course.
Yeah we dont' have many more post work rides left. We're all gonna need to get some lights.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn'. 2 weeks from now I close on the new house and can start moving. Good news yesterday: It appraised for 29K more than I'm paying for it. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morn'. 2 weeks from now I close on the new house and can start moving. Good news yesterday: It appraised for 29K more than I'm paying for it. :thumb:

Awesome man! I love New England style homes.
I love wood siding! You're lucky!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
Awesome man! I love New England style homes.
I love wood siding! You're lucky!
Yeah, it's realllly nice for it's age. Not all the siding is the wood. Part of the house is Alum siding, and another part is vinyl. Sounds strange, but does not look out of place at all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I've been thinking about that. It was freakishly dark last night riding the road back.
You should have ridden the trail with me and Splat, that was f'ing dark!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i cant win for losing. i finally found a job that i can do for the rest of my life and now they cut my hours back. i am cut back to 3 days a week starting next week. after all the crap i have done for these guys like waiting almost 6 weeks one time for a paycheck, having 2 paychecks bounce......its not because money isnt being made its because these guys dont know how to properly and efficiantly run a company.

so now i am stuck making the decision to either A:get a new full time job or B: get something part time.

other than that things are going good.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
douglas said:
I'm upstate, and if that price was right.....but actually I was just curious how much a house in brooklyn would go for
that price would be a great "starter home" with some work still needing to be done to it

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
biggins said:
well i cant win for losing. i finally found a job that i can do for the rest of my life and now they cut my hours back. i am cut back to 3 days a week starting next week. after all the crap i have done for these guys like waiting almost 6 weeks one time for a paycheck, having 2 paychecks bounce......its not because money isnt being made its because these guys dont know how to properly and efficiantly run a company.

so now i am stuck making the decision to either A:get a new full time job or B: get something part time.

other than that things are going good.

3 days a week fishing and 3 days a week working down the street at pro bikes would be pretty tight, no?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
T-Pirate said:
3 days a week fishing and 3 days a week working down the street at pro bikes would be pretty tight, no?
yes it would but most of the shops are staffed up already. thats the real bummer. especially this late in the season.

when are you knuckleheads comin up this way again?

you guys are gonna die for gettin me stuck on Xavier Rud by the way.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
I considered it, but I thought it was best to stick with Beth and assure that she remained upright. What do those nifty lights run for anyway?

Thanks for helping me out last night. You guys are the best. Except for Splat, who decided to whip out the camera :mad:

;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I considered it, but I thought it was best to stick with Beth and assure that she remained upright. What do those nifty lights run for anyway?
They run a lot but you can get some on sale and what-not.

Check out Jensonusa.com for prices.

I still haven't taken the plunge.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
yes it would but most of the shops are staffed up already. thats the real bummer. especially this late in the season.

That sucks, biggie. Start your own company. Capitalize on N.L. Wilson's little snooze-fest and slide in a better deal to the folks at Biltmore. I'll bet you could undercut them by some serious coinage and still make a profit.