Quantcast

***Happy Hump-Day Morning***

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Yo. I can't wait for this week to be over. Work is killing me. :dead: The good new is that I have Friday off, SSWC is this weekend, and I'll be paddling around the Outer Banks all next week. :D

Yesterday's rain kept me off of the trails, but gave me no excuse not to finish up the painting in the nursery. As soon as that crib rail is dry and on, I'm done....finally.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mackie said:
In Brooklyn?
Are you looking at condos, small attached houses, or really bad areas....
Brooklyn real estate prices= :eek: :mumble: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
actually small 2 bedrooms in dyker heights ( where i live now) or 3 bedroom with a finished basement in marine park

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
hooples3 said:
actually small 2 bedrooms in dyker heights ( where i live now) or 3 bedroom with a finished basement in marine park
It's crazy, isn't it. I grew up in Bay Ridge in a moderate, middle-class house. The house just sold for 1.4 million. Not quite so middle class anymore.

Marine Park is nice, although a little far from the city. You can hook up nice rides down into the Rockaways though, including riding into Fort Tilden for a nice quiet beach experience. My wife & I used to do that a lot from our old apartment in Bay Ridge.

I moved out to LI in January after living in Brooklyn 95% of my life. I miss it.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mackie said:
It's crazy, isn't it. I grew up in Bay Ridge in a moderate, middle-class house. The house just sold for 1.4 million. Not quite so middle class anymore.

Marine Park is nice, although a little far from the city. You can hook up nice rides down into the Rockaways though, including riding into Fort Tilden for a nice quiet beach experience. My wife & I used to do that a lot from our old apartment in Bay Ridge.

I moved out to LI in January after living in Brooklyn 95% of my life. I miss it.
it is crazy... the amount you spend on a house here.. you can get a huge house in NJ for.. but who the heck wants to commute through SI..
the same thing with LI though.. I cant stand the traffic... I have a house i bought with 3 friends yeaqrs ago in Hampton bays.. but i am allergic to traffic!!!

I work in Parkslope.. and i commute by bike... so a quick spin up Ocean Pkwy and I'm there!!

So where do you ride in LI??? bethpage??

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Greyhound said:
That sucks, biggie. Start your own company. Capitalize on N.L. Wilson's little snooze-fest and slide in a better deal to the folks at Biltmore. I'll bet you could undercut them by some serious coinage and still make a profit.
that would certainly work except i dont have my own truck and boat.

however i have seriously considered it.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
hooples3 said:
it is crazy... the amount you spend on a house here.. you can get a huge house in NJ for.. but who the heck wants to commute through SI..
the same thing with LI though.. I cant stand the traffic... I have a house i bought with 3 friends yeaqrs ago in Hampton bays.. but i am allergic to traffic!!!

I work in Parkslope.. and i commute by bike... so a quick spin up Ocean Pkwy and I'm there!!

So where do you ride in LI??? bethpage??
Bethpage, Stillwell.
I work in the Bronx, so after work I sometimes hit up Sprain, or Saxon (yeah, I know :rolleyes:).
My wife works 5-10 minutes from the house, and i work off hours, so the traffic is not too bad for us.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
afternoon all. Was busy this morning, had my class to teach, then I went to donate blood. I decided to do the double red donation where they give you back your plasma and some saline so you're better hydrated than when you get there. Good idea, but something went wrong and now my arm is killing me, we only got to do half of the double, so basically I did a normal donation and hurt my arm. Don't think I'm going to do that again. Kinda ruins my possibility of riding tonight, don't want to pass out on trails.

Stosh I'll give you 70

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
afternoon all. Was busy this morning, had my class to teach, then I went to donate blood. I decided to do the double red donation where they give you back your plasma and some saline so you're better hydrated than when you get there. Good idea, but something went wrong and now my arm is killing me, we only got to do half of the double, so basically I did a normal donation and hurt my arm. Don't think I'm going to do that again. Kinda ruins my possibility of riding tonight, don't want to pass out on trails.

Stosh I'll give you 70

You donated some blood last weekend ;)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
that would certainly work except i dont have my own truck and boat.

however i have seriously considered it.
Loan, baby....loan. Banks love this kind of stuff. Young, entrepenual fella like yourself. Low mileage Ford Explorer, one drift boat..........Biltmore would be falling over themselves to lighten up if you could show them how you can do it better and cheaper---which I know you could. It's the quality of the fishing, not how bling the Hyde driftboat and Range Rover is. If anyone could do it, you could.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You're only making this worse for me by making it an issue you know.
She probably used urin to suppliment the Milk in her Schit Cereal.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
mackie how is saxon lately.....I miss that place moved west (much better riding but I grew up at saxon)....place has some great lines