Quantcast

^\/^hAppy hUmpday gMt^\/^

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

It appears as if I will be coughing up significant sums of money in the near future for someone to shoot me in the eyes with laser beams.

Also managed to get out for a good ride yesterday. I haven't ridden in an embarrassingly long time so it felt good to turn the pedals.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Today is my wife's birthday. Our daughter gave her the best present ever at 2am this morning by puking all over her bedroom. The joys of parenthood.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The rain is here in full force. It is also dark as sh!t this morning, but the clouds are hauling ass. I need to figure out who can kill the lights over my cube. I offered to do it myself and got some story about union facilities or some sh!t. Who knows, but I'm sure there is a request form somewhere, I just need to make sure I use the proper cover sheet.

The wife is dying for a pup. I keep telling her we should wait until spring, but I'm not sure she will hold off that long. She loves my cat, but my cat isn't lovey. She just wants to hang out, she doesn't really like being touched. The wife wants something other than me to cuddle with. Cooper was the champion napper. It's tough with both dogs gone, but Monday is enjoying the whole house freedom. So who knows.

Work, yay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
last night was the first time in many years that i've climbed 2 days in a row. i guess it's a good sign that i'm building up the strength & endurance to accomplish such a thing. been climbing more than riding lately, thinking i need to fix that.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
FTS Weds. Hopefully picking up the Subi tonight, so I might wait until the wife and kids go to bed and then drive around aimlessly for a while. Took off this Friday to go pick up a little drill press I found. Couldn't pass it up for $200. This isn't the exact one, but same thing.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Gloomy day today but GREAT weather this weekend. I'm planning what high country rides to do..gotta get up there before snow. Not much else is new.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

First 10k in I don't even know how long. If I can add a mile a week I should be able to do the traditional half marathon on Turkey Day. Frost down in the creek this morning, pretty cold run. Kicked the furnace on when I got home. Need to get house stuff done today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Also managed to get out for a good ride yesterday. I haven't ridden in an embarrassingly long time so it felt good to turn the pedals.
You free to ride Friday mid-morning? @Nick? I'm assuming @stoney has to work + has no rear wheel. I took the day off and was planning on heading to Vail early but if there's snow...

last night was the first time in many years that i've climbed 2 days in a row. i guess it's a good sign that i'm building up the strength & endurance to accomplish such a thing. been climbing more than riding lately, thinking i need to fix that.
If you're not motivated to ride and your back's in working order then climb away, IMO.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you're not motivated to ride and your back's in working order then climb away, IMO.
not lack of motivation, just time / scheduling. climbing is easier to fit in than riding right now, but its also one reason i'm looking for a new headlight.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
not lack of motivation, just time / scheduling. climbing is easier to fit in than riding right now, but its also one reason i'm looking for a new headlight.
Fair enough. I am trying out my new Ituo light tonight, on a related note. I have an after work thing to go to so my helmet is laden with light + battery strapped on. Kind of awkward with that extra weight from the battery: I need an upper back pack, like an anti-fanny pack. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ah, yes, forgot you are leaving Friday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Moab.
I might have stoney's wheels done before I leave, so he can ride this weekend. :D
If you can make that happen... Bomber runs on ML! My tire and Stan's should be here by then too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You free to ride Friday mid-morning? @Nick? I'm assuming @stoney has to work + has no rear wheel. I took the day off and was planning on heading to Vail early but if there's snow...

I wish I could but that work thing is going to prevent me from saying yes.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I wish I could but that work thing is going to prevent me from saying yes.
Looks like I'll freeze my ass off solo then. :D As stoney suggests below I had another repeat on ML in mind: no crowds and an already beat rear wheel will make for a fun time.

If you can make that happen... Bomber runs on ML! My tire and Stan's should be here by then too.
I'm out for the weekend: work retreat up at Vail. Saturday afternoon me + possibly 2 guys from work (1 fast, 1 slow) are planning on climbing the frontside of Vail and doing Matterhorn off the ridge.

I have a ton of Stan's sealant in my garage, btw. Let me know if you need any. I only have thin, useless rim tape now, having used the other stuff to fix up my wheel.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have a ton of Stan's sealant in my garage, btw. Let me know if you need any. I only have thin, useless rim tape now, having used the other stuff to fix up my wheel.
I got the kit, as I need rim strips for the new wheels. I'll probably ride w/ Dennis then.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We are selling off our Demo skis from last year if anyone needs anything cheap. EG: never used Bentchetlers with demo bindings, $395, Atomic Automatic 188/102, $295, also have Kastle, Stockli, Fischers, Atomic BC skis and boots, etc.
Sorry for the non classified plug.
Give me a shout!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hop resins are stinging my eyes. Need shower... want to ride bicycle. Must wait till bicycle is over to shower... must endure eye sting for another hour.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight was a gongshow.

I left work at 4pm and didn't get to the trailhead until 7pm. I'm usually there for a pre-ride and pre-beer at 5:30pm. FTS. Multiple traffic accidents, including an 18 wheeler and dump truck combo, which all caught on fire and closed the freeway.

Everything about today was frustrating and it sure as crap showed in my bike skillz tonight. I had more poo-in-pants moments than I have fingers. I could not stay on the trail. Mind was just vacant or elsewhere, or something.

Still, it could be worse, I guess. Had some maple bacon wings after the ride. UM YEAHHHHH, I can subscribe to that flavour.