Quantcast

Happy Humpday Mid-Morning???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Where's Stosh with our morning thread :confused:

Last night was nice...cleaned up the kitchen, did some laundry, pilates & weights, spin for 30 minutes and early to bed. MTB ride tonight :dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Good morning, Tree. Not much happening here.
It's been a pretty slow day around here for me too :think: I have managed to get a LOT of work done in my classroom. Once the concert is over, my kids tend to forget that they are supposed to be coming for lessons to prepare for their finals :rolleyes: (which are now all in alphabetical order and color coded by instrument in a binder that contains everything I and they need for it--yes, I have had a lot of coffee this am and nothing much to do).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mornin 'saw...

Sean is learning to walk, which is pretty cool, but also very scary. He loves it, so I'm betting he'll be walking by the end of the week. When he's calmed down, he can go half way across the room. When he's laughing and excited, he only gets a couple of steps in before he goes down.

Rode yesterday on my lunch, weather is looking pretty good so I'll likely ride today as well. Then it's all about yard work tonight... gotta finishing cutting the grass, then I have dirt to spread and grass seed to put down if time allows.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
mornin 'saw...

Sean is learning to walk, which is pretty cool, but also very scary. He loves it, so I'm betting he'll be walking by the end of the week. When he's calmed down, he can go half way across the room. When he's laughing and excited, he only gets a couple of steps in before he goes down.

Rode yesterday on my lunch, weather is looking pretty good so I'll likely ride today as well. Then it's all about yard work tonight... gotta finishing cutting the grass, then I have dirt to spread and grass seed to put down if time allows.
That's AWESOME!!! Syd is starting to scoot herself around in circles when she's on her back and she pushes herself backwards when she's having tummy time. It's quite funny to watch!

We DEFINTELY need to do some lawn work too. I need to finish mowing the lawn tonight (started and then the lawnmower belt broke last night) and hopefully get some weed killer down too as the dandelions are taking over.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Didn't do much of anything last night other than find new music and lift. I found out that while bench pressing I have to pop my shoulder before I can comfortably lift the weight, its the weirdest thing, but I suppose as long as it doesn't hurt or anything.

I think I am going to join the local gym/fitness center. It isn't that much and you not only get access to the weight and fitness rooms, but the pool and ability to sign up for kickboxing/spinning/yoga/whatever other things they have. Seems pretty good and for 50 bucks a month its reasonable enough.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Woke up at 4:15
Peddling by 5:00
Back at home in the shower at 7:10
Will be sitting in my office with a smile on my face at 8:00
**** Starbucks. I rode.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
got my bike fit done last night for my roadie/cx. My stem jumped from a 90 to a 120!! Puts me in a totally different position and a LOT of pressure on the junk.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
macko said:
**** Starbucks. I rode.
Awesome

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
macko said:
**** Starbucks. I rode.

Beautiful pictures! I officially hate you for being able to get out for such a beautiful ride though ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
That's AWESOME!!! Syd is starting to scoot herself around in circles when she's on her back and she pushes herself backwards when she's having tummy time. It's quite funny to watch!
That's cool. Once they good at being mobile, regardless of how they are moving themselves around, EVERYTHING changes.

TreeSaw said:
We DEFINTELY need to do some lawn work too. I need to finish mowing the lawn tonight (started and then the lawnmower belt broke last night) and hopefully get some weed killer down too as the dandelions are taking over.
Yea... I started mowing on Sunday, but had to stop due to darkness (not to mention frozen fingers... brrrrr). With all the rain we had the last couple of weeks, my field is, well... a field, so mowing is slow going for sure.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Went to look at a few houses last night, which was actually really fun. We found one that we loved, and are hoping to have one built just like it in the next 6 months. All we need to do now is wait to see if the price is right, and we will have our first house! I have my fingers crossed!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
So, when does your road bike arrive?
Good question... I'm expecting about a week, but you know where I'm getting it so who knows... :p Due to my "condition", I won't be able to ride it for about another week after that anyway, so I'm not sweating it. It give me time to buy new road pedals, shoes, etc. anyway. :thumb: :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
She's amazing! She's quite verbal right now...laughs out loud and makes lots of noises at us and her toys. I will get some pics loaded up today!
You should start a "little monkeys" thread that everyone can put there kids in. I have a ton of pics, but hate hijacking someone elses thread to post pics of mine.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Good question... I'm expecting about a week, but you know where I'm getting it so who knows... :p Due to my "condition", I won't be able to ride it for about another week after that anyway, so I'm not sweating it. It give me time to buy new road pedals, shoes, etc. anyway. :thumb: :D
Sweet! I didn't bother with road pedals and shoes--just stuck with my XC pedals (I actually need a new pair as one of mine is broken).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I didn't bother with road pedals and shoes--just stuck with my XC pedals (I actually need a new pair as one of mine is broken).
Yeah, I have an extra pair of SPDs, and I could use my mtb shoes I guess, but don't tell Kelley that. ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
what bike did you decide on?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I have an extra pair of SPDs, and I could use my mtb shoes I guess, but don't tell Kelley that. ;)
I used my mtn shoes when I first got my roadie. Sure, it works, but c'mon now... this is a prime chance to buy more gear.

I got my shoes on clearance for $40 and bought used pedals through the buy/sell board for $25 w/ cleats... so there's no reason you have to spend big bucks if you don't want to.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Thankyou sir. I almost always ride the DC; it's the closest to my house and just plain fun.

I'll get that email off to ya tonight when I get home from the j-o-b.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Was up editing last night 'till 2:30 so I decided to go for a ride, hit the trails about 3:15 got back to my house at about 9:00, and just woke up. Now I'm reading through RM and eating an orange.

No pictures of my ride, so I guess Macko wins.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I did my second ride of May last night. A little over 30 miles on the road. Sure feels weird not to be able to bend my pinkie though. I'll take the camera next time and get some pics of the cornfields.

I see the hand doc this Friday so hopefully I'll get the go ahead for some aggressive rehab to get it working right.