Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~ in stosh's absence

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good Morning Monkey's! How's everyone doing today?
I don't know about everyone else but Daylight Saving's time SUCKS! I hate getting home and only having about 30 minutes of daylight outside.

Question of the day: Did Santa wrap you're gifts as a child?

A co-worker was explaining to me that they don't wrap Santa's gifts, the kids come downstairs and Poof there are a bunch of gift from Santa. Personally I just thought it was strange, every time I have ever seen Santa on television his gifts are wrapped.

I'm off to a job interview, wish me luck!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Not much happening here. I'm looking forward to a four day weekend...sort of. I have a mini-conference to attend at Foxwoods Friday, so it'll feel like a day off (plus I'll ditch the conference by 2:00). Then wifey and I took Monday off.

Got a hockey game tonight. I've hit the gym pretty hard the last two nights, so the hockey game will feel like a nice break from that.

Edit: Good luck with the interview, Mancil!

(mom wrapped all our presents. she fooled no one)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning monkies

work has been a killer this week... maintanance at the plant is a b*tch. way to little people ... way to much stuff to do... 16 hr days ... yuck.
oh well slowly but surely... i gotta go work and stop complaining... Im taking tommorow off for a play day... then its off to the hampton house for some well deserved relaxation!!!!! enjoy the day

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
My dad drank a lot on Christmas Eve, so sometimes the trainset would run backwards.

So.....Good morning, y'all. Glad today is Wednesday.....this week is giving me fits already. Lots of aggrivation at work and with it getting dark so soon, no rides after said aggrivated work, so I'm starting to go through withdrawals over here. Been getting in plenty of wheelie practice around the yard though, and that's always a good thing. Been trying to get my Z1 broken in for a few weeks and things are starting to feel perfect after fiddling with the oil heights and stuff for awhile. Finally getting full travel out of it and I can see why people really like their Marzocchi's.......that's some good travel there, folks!

Tonight is dinner-with-the-in-laws night. Not that's a bad thing---they're pretty cool people, but "Lost" resumes new episodes at 9, so I told the wife I gotta find out who the "Others" are, and ain't no dang, stinkin' in-laws gettin' in my way about it!!! :p

Unless her mom makes meatloaf. I never met a meatloaf I didn't like.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning! It's been a long time since I've replied to a GMT. :p Hope you're all having a great day out there, it's been amazing, I've ridden the last 3 days in the row. The bmx track near me got rebuilt (like a mile from my house) and there's some sick rhythms coming in next to it as well. :D :evil:

(my mom wraps everything, it's usually everything from her and my dad, and then one 'big' gift from Santa)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Construction update:

House 1 is sheetrocked. The tape & float guy will be in there today... and for the next 3 days.

House 2's lot is getting preped for the forms today. The forms will be set tomorrow and then the plumber should be in there early next week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Things are running smoothly this AM, even though it was a brisk 26 degrees when I got up to go to work!

Had a good bike club meeting last night...our new leadership is really organized and getting things done which is a welcome change. tonight I teach a class to the teachers and then head home for a spin on the rollers or the stationary bike (depends on how the kids' sitting). Other than that, not too much else is going on.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Yep, GE sucks.
Oh yeah! I got a job at GE right out of college (and the summer before I graduated) and worked about 60 hours a week :mumble: They paid me pretty well to begin, but then the hours started piling up and there wasn't any extra $ for them so it sucked! I quickly re-evaluated my priorities and found a teaching job that I enjoyed!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Morn....it's only Wednesday?:confused:

Today is work as usually, then night riding with Skookum around demolished neiborhoods and a old grave site:devil:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
robdamanii said:
I really need some sleep. 2.5 hours of restless sleep didn't do me much good last night, and I can't say as I've been very friendly to people in general today.
toughen up :blah:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Just got out of my interview. Went quite well I thought. My interviewer was a hot young 23 year old, had she not dropped the boyfriend line, I was considering shooting for a date. :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Polandspring88 said:
Just got out of my interview. Went quite well I thought. My interviewer was a hot young 23 year old, had she not dropped the boyfriend line, I was considering shooting for a date. :thumb:
nice!!!! I would go for it now before they hire you and she lets you know she doesnt date co-workers

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, so dude, I was sitting downstairs last night flipping though 950 digital cable channels, and much to my delight "Slap Shot" came on one of the HBO channels. I caught it right as it began. Man, I had not seen that movie in a while and I forgot how friggin funny it is. So wonderfully politically incorrect.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Polandspring88 said:
Asking the interviewer for a date is always a good way to get the job. :rolleyes: :blah:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Atternoon! Good day yesterday. Worked some more on the HT build and pretty much all I need now is a rear disk hub. Other than that, I raked some leaves and drank some beers. Decided to skip the club meeting last night. Long story.... Today is spitting freezing rain out and I'm headed out to lunch with my neighbor. Have a good day all! :)