Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

F'ing snow all day today! Should make for a fun commute home. Ya know I always love hearing all the snow delays and what-not on the radio in the morning.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
if its not one thing its another..........damn zone valve is stuck or broke so no heat on the 1st floor at my house, another bill I dont have the $ to pay for :mumble: at least its not that cold out and i have a fireplace

I bet I had/have almost $9,000 in bills/exspensives in the last 30 days :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
if its not one thing its another..........damn zone valve is stuck or broke so no heat on the 1st floor at my house, another bill I dont have the $ to pay for :mumble: at least its not that cold out and i have a fireplace

I bet I had/have almost $9,000 in bills/exspensives in the last 30 days :dead:
holy crap what else has gone wrong?

A zone valve should be pretty easy to replace.

J

JRB

Good morning - one of the systems guys moved some directories over the holidays and didn't put them in a good spot and didn't keep the paths, so my day is going to suck just like yesterday did. :mad:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
holy crap what else has gone wrong?

A zone valve should be pretty easy to replace.

garage door, glasses broke, needed a root canal & 2 crowns, & this will the 3rd time my boiler/furnace will be worked on this winter...add that to my cc bill, oil tank filled ($380), property tax bill & lots of misc. = $$$$$$$$

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
:stosh:

g'mornin' :D

It's f'n raining, but at least it's not snowing like WAYYYY up there in New York. :p
holy crap long time no see!!! How are things in Philly?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Not snowing yet, but if :stosh: is getting it, then it's headed my way next. Things are quiet at work...too quiet. :think: I just picked up (used) a XT R Der., LX F Der., 2 XT shifter pods and a set of Avid SD3 V-brakes for next to nothing. Now I've got to decide which bike needs the upgrade the most.

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
stosh said:
holy crap long time no see!!! How are things in Philly?
Good! :D

Lots of ice hockey to be played while the ground is too gooey to ride on. The non-stop rain has turned the terrafirma into a substance similar to what I would imagine pig snot to be like. :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
garage door, glasses broke, needed a root canal & 2 crowns, & this will the 3rd time my boiler/furnace will be worked on this winter...add that to my cc bill, oil tank filled ($380), property tax bill & lots of misc. = $$$$$$$$
damn man! You need some more roommates.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Not snowing yet, but if :stosh: is getting it, then it's headed my way next. Things are quiet at work...too quiet. :think: I just picked up (used) a XT R Der., LX F Der., 2 XT shifter pods and a set of Avid SD3 V-brakes for next to nothing. Now I've got to decide which bike needs the upgrade the most.

Cool on the parts pickup!

I scored a nice dual crown fork real cheaply thanks to the kind heartedness of fellow Monkeys yesterday evening - I'm going to put it on my Cheeta. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
Good! :D

Lots of ice hockey to be played while the ground is too gooey to ride on. The non-stop rain has turned the terrafirma into a substance similar to what I would imagine pig snot to be like. :blah:
HOws the job thing going?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Where'd you get them?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
Um, pretty good. I am up for a promotion and should hear by next week. :)
NIce! I think we'll be heading down to Philly in the Spring to see my cousin, maybe catch a phillies game.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Where'd you get them?
The brakes i got off bershire_rider. They came off his NRS when he went to Avid mech disks. He gave them to me for free. :) The other parts I got from my friend Bob. He works for Gary Fisher and always has extra parts laying around that he wants to unload. Right now he scraping up a crankset/BB and 5" fork for me as well.

Edit: *weather update* SNOW is now falling in Saratoga Springs, NY.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
The brakes i got off bershire_rider. They came off his NRS when he went to Avid mech disks. He gave them to me for free. :) The other parts I got from my friend Bob. He works for Gary Fisher and always has extra parts laying around that he wants to unload. Right now he scraping up a crankset/BB and 5" fork for me as well.

Edit: *weather update* SNOW is now falling in Saratoga Springs, NY.
nice!!!!
Post pics when you build it up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Nice gesture by Steve - Monkeys are good peeps!!

I got my boxxer for $14 (shipping) and then Fulton came through with the top crown I'll need for it. The Boxxer I'm getting was Sprungshoulder's, a super cool Monkey, and he was letting it go for shipping only because it had a cracked upper crown. It's older, but looks to be in mint shape and it can allow me to run my QR front wheel if I choose to, or run a 20mm front wheel if I want as well. So for a total of a little over $40 I'm getting a dual crown fork for the Cheeta that will serve me well for anything I want to do on tha bike including the occassional trip to Mt. Snow or Jiminy Peak etc.
:cool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:

I got my boxxer for $14 (shipping) and then Fulton came through with the top crown I'll need for it. The Boxxer I'm getting was Sprungshoulder's, a super cool Monkey, and he was letting it go for shipping only because it had a cracked upper crown. It's older, but looks to be in mint shape and it can allow me to run my QR front wheel if I choose to, or run a 20mm front wheel if I want as well. So for a total of a little over $40 I'm getting a dual crown fork for the Cheeta that will serve me well for anything I want to do on tha bike including the occassional trip to Mt. Snow or Jiminy Peak etc.
Very nice! I think Jiminy may be my "home away from home" this summer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:

cough don't cough forget cough plattekill!? cough cough

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I was going to say something else, but I forgot what it was....I think I need more coffee. :p

Have a great day!
It's time for me to eat lunch!!!!