Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning!!!

Running late due to weather. How is everybody today?

I left early yesterday and on my way home I slid right thru an intersection!!
The roads sucked last night!!

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
That sucks. I've actually done that exact same thing. Luckily it was at a time there was no traffic. I thought you may have been at school or something. So I started a thread, but deleted it.

Last night I just hung out with the kids, and ordered a pizza.

Then worked out for about an hour, did a water change on my aquarium, took a shower and went to bed. Nothing special.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
People who don't wipe the snow from their cars before taking to the highway should be dragged from their cars and beaten to within an inch of their lives.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo. well not feeling as bad as i did yesterday. im at work, they are taking the service department out to lunch today so that is cool. Uhhhhhhhh........yeah.

oh oh i know what i needed to say, does anyone have a light system they wanna sell me? i need one quickly. lemme knoiw what ya got.

Also you gonna come to the southeast gathering stosh?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went out to dinner w/ some guys from corporate last night, good food (veal chop), good wine (bordeaux), and good chat. as a bonus, the restaurant was right next to the shop i usually go to, so i got a pair of the specialized mtb shoes someone recommended to help my aching feet problem. i'll get the cleats on tonight and see how it goes tomorrow night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
People who don't wipe the snow from their cars before taking to the highway should be dragged from their cars and beaten to within an inch of their lives.
Wait do you mean on the roof or just on the windows?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
f'n yo. well not feeling as bad as i did yesterday. im at work, they are taking the service department out to lunch today so that is cool. Uhhhhhhhh........yeah.

oh oh i know what i needed to say, does anyone have a light system they wanna sell me? i need one quickly. lemme knoiw what ya got.

Also you gonna come to the southeast gathering stosh?
not sure yet!!!

I think we might be headed down there then still but not quite sure.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did a night ride last night. 70* when we started at 6pm. Loco was too lazy to come up and ride.

Looks like winter is finally going to get here today. Forecast highs in the 50's for the next week. Brrrrrrrrrr.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I mean both. Don't tell me you are one of those lazy SOB's, stosh.
Fawk man it's hard to get it out of my roof rack. WTF am I going to use to clean 6" of wet snow out from my xterra roof rack?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Fawk man it's hard to get it out of my roof rack. WTF am I going to use to clean 6" of wet snow out from my xterra roof rack?
You lazy turd. Get an extending brush. My wife is 5' 2" and has no problem getting the snow off the top of her Explorer.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. It's just starting to snow here. Crap. I was out last night @ 11:00 reattaching my mailbox, which the snow plow took out. The only tracks in the snow bank were directly in front of the box. He couldn't have hit it any more square.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yo Stosh man.

It amazes me how the weather affects people. We had a little snow yesterday (less than 3") and people were cancelling/backing out of obligations left and right. Jesus man, it's just a little snow - the road were fine, even the back roads were just sloppy, but not slippery. Stupid people.

Anways... shoveled about 6" of snow and ice off my 350' driveway last night... I'm friggin sore this morning.

I'm hoping that the warmer temps and rain today and tomorrow melts the snow/ice. Then when the colder temps roll back in over the weekend, the ground will refreeze and make for some excellent riding conditions. If all goes well, I'll be riding Sunday. And the days are getting noticably longer - I may bring my gear to work next week and try to hit the trails on the way home from work. We'll see...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Did a night ride last night. 70* when we started at 6pm. Loco was too lazy to come up and ride.

Looks like winter is finally going to get here today. Forecast highs in the 50's for the next week. Brrrrrrrrrr.
Fuggin 50!! Thats what it's supposed to be a high of tomorrow thats fuggin BALMY!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
You lazy turd. Get an extending brush. My wife is 5' 2" and has no problem getting the snow off the top of her Explorer.
I actually need to get one anyway... I'll look this weekend master IAB...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yo Stosh man.

It amazes me how the weather affects people. We had a little snow yesterday (less than 3") and people were cancelling/backing out of obligations left and right. Jesus man, it's just a little snow - the road were fine, even the back roads were just sloppy, but not slippery. Stupid people.

Anways... shoveled about 6" of snow and ice off my 350' driveway last night... I'm friggin sore this morning.

I'm hoping that the warmer temps and rain today and tomorrow melts the snow/ice. Then when the colder temps roll back in over the weekend, the ground will refreeze and make for some excellent riding conditions. If all goes well, I'll be riding Sunday. And the days are getting noticably longer - I may bring my gear to work next week and try to hit the trails on the way home from work. We'll see...
Wow the roads were really bad yesterday down here. It was a wet snow so it packed and turned to slippery ice when packed. Of course my GF had the Xterra and was still having trouble getting home. She's like I started to lose traction so I floored it so I could dig down to the pavement.... I'm like OMG...... Instead of that course you have to take to get your license they should make people learn how to drive in bad weather conditions.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
'Morn...
Rode into work this morning, finally after all the rain, cyst removal, rode on new saddle for first time....
:dancing:
Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi Stosh,

Crappy day, and it's only 9:35 CST. Seemingly endless freezing rain continues today, dense fog, zero work opportunities, absolutely unrideable trails. Sigh. Tough to stay positive at times. Total S.A.D. kicking in, combined with not working = **** mood.

If anybody finishes their morning RM update early, take a look at your corporate intranet and check if your company has any sales opportunities listed for me. Please.

At least I'm meeting friends at the skatepark tonight. Totally looking forward to that! :thumb:

Have a great day everyone.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn...
Rode into work this morning, finally after all the rain, cyst removal, rode on new saddle for first time....
:dancing:
Back to our regularly scheduled program...
what I wouldn't give to be able to ride to work in the morning in JAN!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nick said:
Hi Stosh,

Crappy day, and it's only 9:35 CST. Seemingly endless freezing rain continues today, dense fog, zero work opportunities, absolutely unrideable trails. Sigh. Tough to stay positive at times. Total S.A.D. kicking in, combined with not working = **** mood.

If anybody finishes their morning RM update early, take a look at your corporate intranet and check if your company has any sales opportunities listed for me. Please.

At least I'm meeting friends at the skatepark tonight. Totally looking forward to that! :thumb:

Have a great day everyone.
Where do you live and what do you do?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Fuggin 50!! Thats what it's supposed to be a high of tomorrow thats fuggin BALMY!!!!
50??? We are supposed to push 60 tomorrow. I love this weather... 30 and icy today, 60 and rainy tomorrow, 20 and snowy friday - april.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
50??? We are supposed to push 60 tomorrow. I love this weather... 30 and icy today, 60 and rainy tomorrow, 20 and snowy friday - april.
You gonna go to MBW this year?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Happy humpday, and man that warmer weather would be welcome. Even though I love the winter I just want to ride once when it is warm and I will be satisfied untill the end of winter. When I got back from my ride yesterday my front derailleur was frozen solid and my cleats were so packed with ice I couldn't clip in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Happy humpday, and man that warmer weather would be welcome. Even though I love the winter I just want to ride once when it is warm and I will be satisfied untill the end of winter. When I got back from my ride yesterday my front derailleur was frozen solid and my cleats were so packed with ice I couldn't clip in.
sounds like a fun ride.... NOT!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I Are Baboon said:
Well you try pushing 12" of snow off the top of a 7'-6" tall conversion van... :eviltongu

Actually, that's the main reason I pul the bike racks off the Jetta during the Winter - easier to get the snow off the roof.