Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Did nothing last night as usual. I didn't get home till late so as usual I ate relaxed for a hour or 2 and went to bed. God life is so boring sometimes.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Went to the gym last night. I took all of last week off to give my body a break, but I am back at it this week. I plan to attend the spinning class tonight.

Not much going on besides that.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
what did ya have done?
Lots o' stuff, including:

General tune-up
Remove and thoroughly clean entire drivetrain
Replace chain (bought an XTR chain from them)
Replace brake cables/housing
Replace shock bushings/reducers
True/dish wheels

I think that's it. I suppose I could do this stuff myself, but the bike has been acting up since late last year and I just want the damn thing to work 100% again.

Edit: I think it's funny that sometimes my car costs less when I take it in. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Lots o' stuff, including:

General tune-up
True/dish wheels

I think that's it. I suppose I could do this stuff myself, but the bike has been acting up since late last year and I just want the damn thing to work 100% again.

Edit: I think it's funny that sometimes my car costs less when I take it in. :)
ha thats a pretty good tune up for the $ though. You had the rear shock bushings replaced?

I may do that to mine as well. I've NEVER been happy with my rear Der.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
I did a snow ride. Great conditions. A lot of fun....jdcamb

I think I'm missing what the fun part of a snow ride on a bike is......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I F'ING hate Cell Phone Companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn. Not much going on here. Spoke with Foes on the phone yesterday. They are working on rebuilding my shock. Said my Curnutt is one of the most messed up they have ever seen. The cost to repair it is gonna hurt. :dead:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
General tune-up
True/dish wheels
were the cables/housings included in the cost of the general tune-up? My LBS charges $25 for a tuneup that includes basic lubing, adjusting of derailleurs, brakes/levers, and new cables/housings if necessary, and they charge $20 to true a wheel. I don't know what the XTR chain costs, but I'm starting to appreciate my LBS's service prices.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Correct. There was a little bit of play in the rear shock when I'd pull up on the saddle, and replacing the bushings should fix that.
I'm going to clean all my stuff but I'm going to have them adujust the der's and the brakes. That should save me a little. First I need to get Aubrey's bike done.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I think I'm missing what the fun part of a snow ride on a bike is......
It's a blast man - you gotta try it. Just layer up and hit the trail. Try to find a place/time when there is 3-4" of newish snow on the ground - that will be a good start for you. XC skiiers, hikers, etc. tend to pack it down, making the trail real icy - so unless you run studded tires, try to get out while the snow is still fresh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I F'ING hate cell phones.
Ughhhhhhh I'm getting to that point. Thing is the only time I'm willing to talk on the phone to people is when I'm in the car. I not to answer either of my phones when I'm at home..... :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
were the cables/housings included in the cost of the general tune-up? My LBS charges $25 for a tuneup that includes basic lubing, adjusting of derailleurs, brakes/levers, and new cables/housings if necessary, and they charge $20 to true a wheel. I don't know what the XTR chain costs, but I'm starting to appreciate my LBS's service prices.
The cables and housing were not included in the tune-up but the labor was.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
The cables and housing were not included in the tune-up but the labor was.
were you including the cost of the chain in the $110 or was that all just labor costs?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
were you including the cost of the chain in the $110 or was that all just labor costs?
That $110 is my total bill...parts and labor, which means it includes the chain.

I'm just psyched that my bike is going to be fully operational again. I was having chain skip issues and I could not shift into the two big rings in the back.

:dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - drove out to UMass and met up with Squarewheels - a fellow monkey. He helped build up my Hollowpoint - he showed me a bunch of good tips, let me do a few things here and there and explained a whole lot about how drivetrains work and how to adjust front and rear derailleurs - I met a cool Monkey, learned a lot, got to see a cool bike co-op in the UMASS student union - and my Hollowpoint is all built and ready to rock!

Rode it over to my van after the work was done and it felt very stiff and comfortable.

Drove home and rode it around my parking lot and did a little curb test on it - hell it was close to midnight by then I think and it was only about 10 degrees.

The thing i noticed the most was that the thing felt like a fast hardtail on the smooth stuff - I think it is going to be a fast bike and I can't wait to get it out on the trails.

Oh yeah and Stosh, I think it fits me just fine! :thumb:

Mad props go out to Squarewheels - he's a Great guy!

Chaz - thanks again. Hope you had an IPA or two when you got back to your apartment/house last night. You'll have to come down to CT this spring to ride with us!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning stosh!
I'm just about to head off to school. Luckily its a short week, as we had a snowday Monday and have the day off on Friday for a 'teacher workday'. There's still a decent amount of snow on the ground and being the colorado weenie that I am I don't feel like riding in it. :p I might possibly be trading a friend of mine my slider+ and my 03 AC for his CR125, so sure what's going to happen with that. I've never had a dirt bike before so of course I might go for it if he does, despite it taking away a bike. I dunno...

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Morning.
Monday, and Tuesday sucked! Work is piling on, but I guess I can't complain. I've got a job to go to. The kids went to a Birthday party Saturday, and now my 20 month old is really sick. We're trying to keep her hydrated. Anything that goes in shoots out the other end pretty quick like. So that brings us to last night. The wife is stressed because she is taking her second day off, even though I offered to take today, and eveyone was on edge. I didn't get to work out, but enjoyed some pizza for a bit.

I set up my timers on my new lighting system I got early for my Birthday next week. It a PC lighting system for my Aquarium. It has this 24 hour effect. It's really cool. It has these two LEDs for moon light effects. I can't quite get a good picture of it yet with the moon light.

Anyway, I'm hoping LOST isn't a rerun tonight...anyone know. I'm so hooked on that show.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
Sweet! How about some specs on the build? And post pics when you get them!
Here's how she looks:

Black Hollowpoint frame with Fox Float AVA shock - size Medium
2002 Rock Shox Psylo SL fork
Mavic 317 laced to a Specialized stout hub up front with Specialized skewer
Mavic 317 laced to a DT Onyx hub in the rear with XT skewer
Avid Mechanical disc brakes with 6" rotors (one is a little warped and will need replacing - if anyone has a spare they want to unload PM me)
Avid Ti brake levers
Shimano XT cranks - silver
XT bottom bracket
XT cassette
E-thirteen Supercharger - clear
Shimano LX front derailleur
Sram X.9 rear derailleur
Sram X.9 trigger shifters
Thomson Stem - 90mm - black
Thomson Seatpost - 27.2mm - black
Easton EA 70 riser bars
ODI Lockon Grips - with black lock ons
Time Atac Alium pedals - black
Fizik Nisene saddle
Currently running a Conti Vertical pro up front with a Survival Pro in the rear with tubes (wouldn't mind exploring Stans at some point with this bike however)

All in all I think a pretty solid build.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
loco said:
Morning yo - did not snow last night.
Bummer huh! I brought the laptop home last night think ing was going to be a "work from home" day, but I was sadly disappointed by the weather man last night before going to bed.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Did nothing last night as usual. I didn't get home till late so as usual I ate relaxed for a hour or 2 and went to bed. God life is so boring sometimes.

umm, hey Mr. Lazy, I thought you were going to hit the trainer every day?? :stosh:

Volleyball was a blast, my fall/winter team is finally playing good! Not sure why but my game was on last night!! plus I was able to chat with this real cute spinner chick :heart: (while we both kept score on our off game), I mentioned a couple bike things, she asked if mtn biking was my forte - not sure why but I thought that was funny

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
umm, hey Mr. Lazy, I thought you were going to hit the trainer every day?? :stosh:

Volleyball was a blast, my fall/winter team is finally playing good! Not sure why but my game was on last night!! plus I was able to chat with this real cute spinner chick :heart: (while we both kept score on our off game), I mentioned a couple bike things, she asked if mtn biking was my forte - not sure why but I thought that was funny
I was but I ate dinner out last night and didn't get home till late. I'll be on it tonight I swear! Thanks for getting on my case I need some motivation!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:

Did you get her name and digits?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Here's how she looks:

Black Hollowpoint frame with Fox Float AVA shock - size Medium
2002 Rock Shox Psylo SL fork
Mavic 317 laced to a Specialized stout hub up front with Specialized skewer
Mavic 317 laced to a DT Onyx hub in the rear with XT skewer
Avid Mechanical disc brakes with 6" rotors (one is a little warped and will need replacing - if anyone has a spare they want to unload PM me)
Avid Ti brake levers
Shimano XT cranks - silver
XT bottom bracket
XT cassette
E-thirteen Supercharger - clear
Shimano LX front derailleur
Sram X.9 rear derailleur
Sram X.9 trigger shifters
Thomson Stem - 90mm - black
Thomson Seatpost - 27.2mm - black
Easton EA 70 riser bars
ODI Lockon Grips - with black lock ons
Time Atac Alium pedals - black
Fizik Nisene saddle
Currently running a Conti Vertical pro up front with a Survival Pro in the rear with tubes (wouldn't mind exploring Stans at some point with this bike however)

All in all I think a pretty solid build.

cool...we need pics & weight !

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
F'in forecasters. :mumble:

How was the gym?

Went running last night. Amazing how no one else is out when it is 35* and raining.
I stayed home and made fun of Mack's spelling instead of going to the gym.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
cool...we need pics & weight !
I brought my digital camera with me, and proceeded to leave it in the Windstar. Doh!

I just gotta give some more mad props to squarewheels - he's super cool and was extremely helpful and patient and he explained things really well to me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Funny - that's where I thought you were going with that comment.
:devil:

Next time get some digits!
it's tough to pick up chicks at volleyball, being 98% of the time you are either playing, or reffing/keeping score/line judging........and we are there from 6:30 to 10p so we never go out after