Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
it's tough to pick up chicks at volleyball, being 98% of the time you are either playing, or reffing/keeping score/line judging........and we are there from 6:30 to 10p so we never go out after
That's your line next time - talk to her and explain that there is not much time to go out after the games on Volleyball night, but that you'd like to take her out for dinner on a Non-Volleyball night sometime!
:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I mentioned a couple bike things, she asked if mtn biking was my forte - not sure why but I thought that was funny

Just tell her "I'm Dalton Doug Biatch" she'll fall all over your....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
That's your line next time - talk to her and explain that there is not much time to go out after the games on Volleyball night, but that you'd like to take her out for dinner on a Non-Volleyball night sometime!
MMcG = Mack Daddy

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Just tell her "I'm Dalton Doug Biatch" she'll fall all over your....
damn..........I should have

MMcG said:

next time I'm in a "pick up a chick" situation I'll be calling both of you for some pointers :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
damn..........I should have

next time I'm in a "pick up a chick" situation I'll be calling both of you for some pointers :D
Good thing is there's always next week.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not going on here. packed up my stuff and have moved into a different office in a different building. went out to dinner last night w/ some guys; one of the old timers is leaving for Genzyme so we took him out. good food, good laughs.

got my Rio Forge in the mail yesterday and played around w/ it a bit last night when i got home. a few neat things over the Cali (like you can select whether you want to play songs from internal memory, or the expansion card). forgot my headphones though, so i haven't listened to it yet.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Had a wedding planning meeting last night with the future Mrs., her mom and my mom. Perhaps this is a sexist attitude, but I'll lay it out anyway...when exactly was it that men became obligated to participate in every last detail of the planning? We're trying to do this on a limited budget and the more people we include in the planning, the more out of control the expenses seem to get because they want to organize their "part" of the wedding as they idealize their vision.

I just about lost my temper last night with my mother-in-law to be after I told everyone that I had the band hiring under control already (a friends jazz band will be playing for us) and she repeatedly asked, "what are we going to do about music?"

Here's my unsolicited advise for anyone who will be getting married...unless you have someone who's forking over their money for your wedding, elope. The politics, the planning and the placation of those who so desperately want to "help" put together your event all amounts to an extreme amount of aggravation.

When you really break the whole thing down to it's elements, isn't it truly amazing the extent to which we'll go to create and celebrate a legally binding contract?

I'm sorry for my bitterness, it's been a rough couple of weeks.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
"little chocolate donuts...the breakfast of champions".

Little Chocolate Donuts

Anouncer.....Marv Albert
.....John Belushi

[ open to John Belushi preparing to do the Olympic high jump ]

Announcer: John Belushi is on his way to a gold medal in the Decathlon! They're setting the bar at seven feet - here's his approach..

[ John Belushi runs toward the bar. Quick cut to John jumping over the top of the bar. Quick cut to John landing on the grass. ]

Announcer: He got it! Belushi's won the gold, now he's going for the world's record!

[ cut to John Belushi running long-distance sprint and winning, as his fans crowd around him ]

[ cut to John at home ]

John Belushi: [ seated at breakfast table smoking a cigarette ] I logged a lot of miles training for that day. And I downed a lot of doughnuts. Little Chocolate Donuts. They taste good, and they've got the sugar I need to get me going in the morning. That's why Little Chocolate Donuts have been on my training table since I was a kid.

[ cut to John Belushi going for the gold in the javelin toss ]

Announcer: Little Chocolate Donuts. The donuts of champions.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
I think I'm missing what the fun part of a snow ride on a bike is......
I guess since riding a bike is lost on you.... Then most certainly I would be wasting my time trying to explain a how a snow ride would be fun......
:D

jdcamb

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
stosh said:
Good alliteration.
Thanks for noticing. I'm still trying to entertain myself even though I let this stuff get to me. I just need to relax and check out for a few days. 14 days until I head to AZ.

By the way, I didn't have time to check for the Marz parts last night. I'll definitely get to it tonight...I'm enforcing a zero marriage discussion zone around my person for the day. Anyone who brings up the M topic gets a
:nuts: (or a kick in the box as it would actually be)

Zero tolerance.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Thanks for noticing. I'm still trying to entertain myself even though I let this stuff get to me. I just need to relax and check out for a few days. 14 days until I head to AZ.

By the way, I didn't have time to check for the Marz parts last night. I'll definitely get to it tonight...I'm enforcing a zero marriage discussion zone around my person for the day. Anyone who brings up the M topic gets a
:nuts: (or a kick in the box as it would actually be)

Zero tolerance.
Ok cool just let me know. I'd like to have an extra set of springs and seals to anyway.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Echo said:
Yo Buck, you doing Old Pueblo?
Not sure yet. My friend lives at the base of SoMo so we're definitely going to ride National and whatever else I have the energy to do. I'd love to get out to Sedona, but it's going to depend on the weather and the swelling in my hand/wrist.

I'm only going to be there for three full days so if I get just one ride in, I'll be perfectly happy. I'd also like to visit the Titus factory, a Boylan Bottling Co. distributor, and sample as many local brews as possible.

Where is Old Pueblo exactly?