Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So I walked into the bagel shop this morning and this lady is walking out with this HUGE birthmark on her forehead... I tried not to stare but I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't try to cover it up with her hair..... Then I'm in the bagel shop for about 2 min when some other lady walks in and she has a very similar birthmark on her forehead and she too didn't even try to cover it up.... oh... then I realised it's Ash Wed.

How's everybody doing?
I got the headset for the Trek Fuel last night. Now I just need to find a LBS to remove the old one and press in the new one.

:)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
So I walked into the bagel shop this morning and this lady is walking out with this HUGE birthmark on her forehead... I tried to to stare but I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't try to cover it up with her hair..... Then I'm in the bagel shop for about 2 min when some other lady walks in and she has a very similar birthmark on her forehead and she too didn't even try to cover it up.... oh... then I realised it's Ash Wed.
NICE! About five years ago, my first job out of college, a lady walked into work with some "dirt" on her forehead. I said, "Pat, you know you've got dirt on your forehead"? She says, "Yeah, it's Ash Wednesday." D'oh! :oink:

Hey, I did I hear something about 6-12" of snow tomorrow? :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
NICE! About five years ago, my first job out of college, a lady walked into work with some "dirt" on her forehead. I said, "Pat, you know you've got dirt on your forehead"? She says, "Yeah, it's Ash Wednesday." D'oh! :oink:

Hey, I did I hear something about 6-12" of snow tomorrow? :)
Yeah I think down here we're suppose to just get rain/slush.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SNOW! we are suppose to get 12 (18 higher spots)

I'm going to Gore Sunday

had Volleyball last night, we played good (4-3) and the red bull girls stopped in :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
had Volleyball last night, we played good (4-3) and the red bull girls stopped in :D
Sweet! :dancing:

Oh, I gymmed again last night. 45 minutes of weights, 20 minutes on the treadmill. My goal is to be able to run 3 miles on the treadmill in 20 minutes by springtime. Yesterday I did 1.9 miles.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
morning monkeys. Hope all is well on this Ash humpday. Got a 4 mile run in this morning and made it to my desk by 7:30 ish. Gonna leave work at noon to go to church, and blow off the rest of the workday. I need to find some Cytomax, Vanilla powergels and a cheap bike computer before this weekend.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo morning crew. its humpday, im still jobless but i have a good lead im getting getting ready to submit my resume to. other than that everything is pretty much then same.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
SNOW! we are suppose to get 12 (18 higher spots)

I'm going to Gore Sunday

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow it seems like there is a sweet chance I won't be coming to work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
f'n yo morning crew. its humpday, im still jobless but i have a good lead im getting getting ready to submit my resume to. other than that everything is pretty much then same.
How are plans for The South monkeyfest coming?

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Tomorrow, different story. I get to drive to Maine tomorrow in the snow to get my dad from the hospital. Triple bypass on Monday and the docs already want to get rid of the ornery old curmudgeon!

The Cheese

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Sweet! :dancing:

Oh, I gymmed again last night. 45 minutes of weights, 20 minutes on the treadmill. My goal is to be able to run 3 miles on the treadmill in 20 minutes by springtime. Yesterday I did 1.9 miles.

damn dude, that is a hefty goal.........that would be a 20:40 5k which is a smoking fast time!!

my fastest times have been in the 24's

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
How are plans for The South monkeyfest coming?
they are good. i need to find a light to borrow for the night ride, maybe i will be working by then and can just buy one though.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I've got to engineer an couple of 6.6 _amp taxiway lighting circuits for some looooong assed taxiways at an airfield.

I'm on my way down to drafting to see what they've got in ACAD and GeoBase...

:dead:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Wumpus said:

word, thanks for the lead but im waiting on 2 different jobs right now. A service management position at a shop and a flyfishing instructor/guide at a the Biltmore Estate.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
I've got to engineer an couple of 6.6 _amp taxiway lighting circuits for some looooong assed taxiways at an airfield.

I'm on my way down to drafting to see what they've got in ACAD and GeoBase...

:dead:
Drafting ownz jooz!!11!!1!

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
SuzyCreamcheese said:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Tomorrow, different story. I get to drive to Maine tomorrow in the snow to get my dad from the hospital. Triple bypass on Monday and the docs already want to get rid of the ornery old curmudgeon!

The Cheese
Well wish the ornery old curmudgeon a swift recovery..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SuzyCreamcheese said:

The Cheese
:eek: Drive safely and good luck to your father. My Uncle had a triple bypass a little over a year ago and he's doing well :thumb: I am sure things will go well for your father too!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
word, thanks for the lead but im waiting on 2 different jobs right now. A service management position at a shop and a flyfishing instructor/guide at a the Biltmore Estate.
:drool: @ biltmore estate

Keep your eye open when your looking around for architecture positions.

How are the schools in Asheville?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
damn dude, that is a hefty goal.........that would be a 20:40 5k which is a smoking fast time!!

Well from what I understand, running on a treadmill is a hell of a lot easier than running outdoors. If I don't get to 3 miles, I'll just see how close I can get. My real goal is to just keep my lungs and heart rate worked until I can ride outdoors again.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:

The Cheese
Where in Maine?

I hope he has a good recovery!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I just took tomorrow off. I have been wanting to take a day off anyway.
Well the boss is gone for the week so it will be much easier for me to call in for a snow day.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Well the boss is gone for the week so it will be much easier for me to call in for a snow day.....
My boss is out all week too. I just e-mailed her boss and our department supervisor (who is under me) and told them I am taking tomorrow off.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
douglas said:

I used to run a 5k in the low 19's - wish I was in that kind of shape now :(...

Cheese, I wish your dad the best of luck with his surgery.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
My boss is out all week too. I just e-mailed her boss and our department supervisor (who is under me) and told them I am taking tomorrow off.
NIce!!!

I could use the day off tomorrow too. I almost got in 2 accidents this year driving in the snow. I'm not going to take the chance.

So I'm having an anxiety attack....
12 hours 44 mins left on this e-bay auction I need to complete the fuel

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Well from what I understand, running on a treadmill is a hell of a lot easier than running outdoors. If I don't get to 3 miles, I'll just see how close I can get. My real goal is to just keep my lungs and heart rate worked until I can ride outdoors again.

outdoors vs treadmills >I think it evens out (as long as you have a 'course' outside that doesnt require stops for anything)

but the last 5k race I did, there was around 2500 people racing, and it took a while before the pack thined out enough that I could get to my pace

you COULD just do 3 miles on the treadmill, and just try to drop how long it takes you to do the 3 miles !

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
stosh said:
Where in Maine?

I hope he has a good recovery!
My folks live in the Lakes region (Sebago, Long, etc.) He's at the Maine Medical Center in Portland right now and actually won't be released until Friday or Saturday. He's already doing great. When my mom and sister saw him on Monday right after the surgery he was wide awake and alert. He was showing off his button for pain meds. Here Ede hold my morphine, watch this!!!!

The Cheese

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
My folks live in the Lakes region (Sebago, Long, etc.) He's at the Maine Medical Center in Portland right now and actually won't be released until Friday or Saturday. He's already doing great. When my mom and sister saw him on Monday right after the surgery he was wide awake and alert. He was showing off his button for pain meds. Here Ede hold my morphine, watch this!!!!

The Cheese
Well now we know where you get your sense of humor from.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
you COULD just do 3 miles on the treadmill, and just try to drop how long it takes you to do the 3 miles !
Now that's just CRAZY TALK. :D

Actually, I'd prefer to just run for 20 minutes. Cardio the follows weight training should really be kept to 20 minutes or less or your body starts to burn muscle for fuel.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
douglas said:

Word to that. Times in the 24's is pretty damn good. Runners World magazine was just bragging on a female pro runner doing 5K times in the 19's. babs, I won't tell you that it can't be done, because it can be done, but pace is about 00:06:30 miles or a little better than a 10 mph pace. I feel good if I maintain 6 mph and ultra strong at 7 mph. One of my adventure racing teammates wants us to be at 9 minute miles and it is going to be a tough training schedule.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yossarian said:
Word to that. Times in the 24's is pretty damn good. Runners World magazine was just bragging on a female pro runner doing 5K times in the 19's. babs, I won't tell you that it can't be done, because it can be done, but pace is about 00:06:30 miles or a little better than a 10 mph pace. I feel good if I maintain 6 mph and ultra strong at 7 mph. One of my adventure racing teammates wants us to be at 9 minute miles and it is going to be a tough training schedule.
Hmmm...tells you how much I know about running.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yossarian said:
Runners World magazine was just bragging on a female pro runner doing 5K times in the 19's.
:confused:

When I was running in high school, one of the girls I was friends with from another school (Erica Palmer.. I wonder if she ever did anything with her running career?) was running times in the low 18's - granted, she was a very gifted athlete and her times were earning her state titles, but I don't see how a high school runner could be doing a full minute faster than a pro runner that's getting written up in magazines?

She did our course in 18:19.

Weird.

Anyhow, IAB, it's definitly doable. It will require some hard training, though. Guys running and girls running are worlds apart; 19 minutes is pretty fast for a girl, not so fast for a competitive guy. Good luck!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my last 5k, the dude that won, his time = 15:36 (pace=5:02)

I was happy with my time, it was about 1:30 faster than the 5k i did 2 months prior (amazing what training can do for ya)

me=610th 49/149 Douglas 24:56 (pace=8:03)

woot!! 610th place !!

and like I said the start was a cluster unless you started right at the front

linky

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Not a bad day, but it's sure to get worse. :mad: I am going to have words with our LBS owner. He has a tendency to not do/order things when you ask him to and this week alone, he has lied to me twice and to my husband twice. :angry: I really don't understand how he runs a business. This isn't the first time, but it will be our last time dealing with him! :mumble:

Other than that, school's going well. My student teacher is awesome and I am getting a little break from teaching some lesson groups. Hoping for a snowday tomorrow so I can do some packing for AZ (1 week from tomorrow - YEAH).

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
binary visions said:
:confused:

but I don't see how a high school runner could be doing a full minute faster than a pro runner that's getting written up in magazines?

She did our course in 18:19.
!

I will have to check tonight, maybe she is not a pro, but a gifted amateur. Either way, I don't run that fast. Yet!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
douglas said:
me=610th 49/149 Douglas 24:56 (pace=8:03)

woot!! 610th place !!
Damn, 610th place out of 2,444 runners is awesome - you squeaked into the top 25%! Congrats.