Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Not a bad day, but it's sure to get worse. :mad: I am going to have words with our LBS owner. He has a tendency to not do/order things when you ask him to and this week alone, he has lied to me twice and to my husband twice. :angry: I really don't understand how he runs a business. This isn't the first time, but it will be our last time dealing with him! :mumble:

Other than that, school's going well. My student teacher is awesome and I am getting a little break from teaching some lesson groups. Hoping for a snowday tomorrow so I can do some packing for AZ (1 week from tomorrow - YEAH).
I am forever searching for a dependable/honest/affordable LBS.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Not a bad day, but it's sure to get worse. :mad: I am going to have words with our LBS owner. He has a tendency to not do/order things when you ask him to and this week alone, he has lied to me twice and to my husband twice. :angry: I really don't understand how he runs a business. This isn't the first time, but it will be our last time dealing with him! :mumble:

Other than that, school's going well. My student teacher is awesome and I am getting a little break from teaching some lesson groups. Hoping for a snowday tomorrow so I can do some packing for AZ (1 week from tomorrow - YEAH).
where do you go(LBS)?

(and :D for AZ!)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
:drool: @ biltmore estate

Keep your eye open when your looking around for architecture positions.

How are the schools in Asheville?
i actually have looked around for something for you. have you thought about getting into a city planner type postioor anything like that?

As far as schools, i am guessing you mean for your girl to teach at? Uhmm i have lots of friends that are teachers in every grade from elemenatary to high school and they all like their jobs a lot. if you mean for future mini-stosh and mini-bree then i have no idea. the teachers that i am friends with are really into their jobs sotat has to make a difference. I mean where someone goes in school is reflected a lot in part by what the student does not the teacher.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
binary visions said:
Damn, 610th place out of 2,444 runners is awesome - you squeaked into the top 25%! Congrats.

thanks man!

my goal was a 24:something and to beat my 10 or so friends that ran, and I did both!!! woot!

they do this race ever year & there was a bar on the route that was open w/ people out side cheering w/beers in their hands (this was at around 10:15 am)

I guess this place charges 5 bucks at the door ($ goes to charity) - and the beers are free :thumb:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
douglas said:
thanks man!

my goal was a 24:something and to beat my 10 or so friends that ran, and I did both!!! woot!

they do this race ever year & there was a bar on the route that was open w/ people out side cheering w/beers in their hands (this was at around 10:15 am)

I guess this place charges 5 bucks at the door ($ goes to charity) - and the beers are free :thumb:
YOu should come to Atlanta and run the Peachtree Road Race 10K. Largest 10K in the world and 6 miles of drunken fans

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
This is why you bat leadoff at Dalton 24.
damn, why did I open my big mouth!!

haha - I thought splat was leadoff this year??

(whatever is best for the team, I'll go 1st, last...whatever :D)

oh, and Yossarian, 10K= :dead:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
damn, why did I open my big mouth!!

haha - I thought splat was leadoff this year??

(whatever is best for the team, I'll go 1st, last...whatever :D)
Yeah, Splat is going first this year. He is excited about it. Then again, when is he NOT excited? :think:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin everyone...I've already managed to forget what day of the week it was, or time of the day it was at least 3 times today since I woke up at 3am. :( Couldn't sleep well at all last night, and today I keep thinking it's Thursday and I have like 4 classes to teach back to back.

I got to see my parents' new home last night, so massively huge. But neat! And they have cows everywhere around them, which is kind of weird. Very strange to not be that far from a big city and yet see no lights anywhere. Mom and Dad are already having a tustle over the interior of the house. Dad spent his early years in Germany, and enjoys the heavier dark woods that are throughout the house. Mom hates anything that isn't light maple or pure white. Some of the best rooms in the house she's threatening to paint out white!!! :( I told her she shouldn't - it gives the house a fun character. Like the "powder room" that leads out to the hottub area...it's ceiling is made of a gorgeously stamped copper, the walls are painted a mettalic coppery green and copper, and the floor is inlaid marble with white, green, and copper tiles. Totally unique, and all the fixtures are a dark bronze or iron. Figures that mom hates it ;).

They're gonna open the place up a bit, which I think will help. Some of the rooms are way to cut-up and small, so they're going to push out the non-supporting walls downstairs, and then build a huge sunroom off the back and extend the deck out a ways further.

I also discovered in packing last night that my mom has been holding all my goodies from Japan!! I totally forgot about the massive quantity of Sake sets, tea sets, miso bowls, rice bowls, chopsticks, bento boxes, linens and more that were given as gifts to the family and sent home with me. When we unpack their new place, I suspect a good amount of the things will come to my place. :)

I also got snookered by my mom last night...we're gonna have to talk about that today. We went to the grocery store for dinner stuff, and mom wanted to hit $50 because she gets $.06 per gallon off gas if she does that, so I said, well here, I need to pick up meat for this week's big dinner, you buy it, and then I'll pay you when we get back to the house. So I bought a $6 roast. Then when I went to go pay her back, she said, well how about instead of you paying me back, you keep it, and I just won't pay you for a tank of gas in thanks for your help this week.

I was so tired, I just nodded and went on my way. I realized it at 3am this morning when I woke up wondering if I'd remembered to put the hunk of meat in the fridge...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
biggins said:
wow how can you type so much jrb?
Me is tired

Tired = Unthinkingly, ramblingly, verbose

Me has typing speed of 100+ wpm...so I type as fast as I think, and so just don't check what I type.

:D Gets me in trouble at work periodically. ;) :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
wow how can you type so much jrb?

They say that women speak 5000 words a day and men only 1500. If you count the internet I would say that JrB is on the high end of the bell curve.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin everyone...I've already managed to forget what day of the week it was, or time of the day it was at least 3 times today since I woke up at 3am. :( Couldn't sleep well at all last night, and today I keep thinking it's Thursday and I have like 4 classes to teach back to back.

I got to see my parents' new home last night, so massively huge. But neat! And they have cows everywhere around them, which is kind of weird. Very strange to not be that far from a big city and yet see no lights anywhere. Mom and Dad are already having a tustle over the interior of the house. Dad spent his early years in Germany, and enjoys the heavier dark woods that are throughout the house. Mom hates anything that isn't light maple or pure white. Some of the best rooms in the house she's threatening to paint out white!!! :( I told her she shouldn't - it gives the house a fun character. Like the "powder room" that leads out to the hottub area...it's ceiling is made of a gorgeously stamped copper, the walls are painted a mettalic coppery green and copper, and the floor is inlaid marble with white, green, and copper tiles. Totally unique, and all the fixtures are a dark bronze or iron. Figures that mom hates it ;).

They're gonna open the place up a bit, which I think will help. Some of the rooms are way to cut-up and small, so they're going to push out the non-supporting walls downstairs, and then build a huge sunroom off the back and extend the deck out a ways further.

I also discovered in packing last night that my mom has been holding all my goodies from Japan!! I totally forgot about the massive quantity of Sake sets, tea sets, miso bowls, rice bowls, chopsticks, bento boxes, linens and more that were given as gifts to the family and sent home with me. When we unpack their new place, I suspect a good amount of the things will come to my place. :)

I also got snookered by my mom last night...we're gonna have to talk about that today. We went to the grocery store for dinner stuff, and mom wanted to hit $50 because she gets $.06 per gallon off gas if she does that, so I said, well here, I need to pick up meat for this week's big dinner, you buy it, and then I'll pay you when we get back to the house. So I bought a $6 roast. Then when I went to go pay her back, she said, well how about instead of you paying me back, you keep it, and I just won't pay you for a tank of gas in thanks for your help this week.

I was so tired, I just nodded and went on my way. I realized it at 3am this morning when I woke up wondering if I'd remembered to put the hunk of meat in the fridge...
Wow, that was a lot of stuff... I want to see pics of your parent's home it sounds cool!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
note to self....
Yeah, the sad part is that the owner is also the president of our local bike club (SMBA) so we remain associated with them. Good thing Victor (Trailblazers Bike Shop in the Rochester Area) is good and we are out there enough to have him meet the majority of our needs.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
Wow, that was a lot of stuff... I want to see pics of your parent's home it sounds cool!!!
I'll see if I can dig some up...

And Westy - I wish RM was the only area where people have that opinion of me ;) hahahah.... :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
thats sad...I have driven 45 minutes to go there cause they are better than the LBS's in Albany
Well, we should've known better, but we like to igve him a chance. So far, I still haven't received my bike case to pack my bike in for AZ and he has lied to Sq-earl and I both about having shipped his bike (he told me it was going out on Monday) then told Sq-earl yesterday that it was picked up yesterday morning, HOWEVER, it is still at his shop...we went in last night to pay him and it was still there. I wrote down the waybill number and it still hasn't been picked up!!!! :mumble:

Needless to say, he won't be seeing my business in the future :angry:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Well, we should've known better, but we like to igve him a chance. So far, I still haven't received my bike case to pack my bike in for AZ and he has lied to Sq-earl and I both about having shipped his bike (he told me it was going out on Monday) then told Sq-earl yesterday that it was picked up yesterday morning, HOWEVER, it is still at his shop...we went in last night to pay him and it was still there. I wrote down the waybill number and it still hasn't been picked up!!!! :mumble:

Needless to say, he won't be seeing my business in the future :angry:
DAMN! that is not good!

now I'm glad I spent the $200 on my own bike case

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, the sad part is that the owner is also the president of our local bike club (SMBA) so we remain associated with them. Good thing Victor (Trailblazers Bike Shop in the Rochester Area) is good and we are out there enough to have him meet the majority of our needs.
Yeah there is about 4 LBS's around here. I tried to get in good with the guy in town but he only deals in Giant bikes and mostly lowend stuff. Even just asking him to see if he can buy something was an ordeal.

The one shop I do like is about 45min from my house which sucks.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Certainly not Elevate Cycles in Saratoga! :mad:
:(

My morning is good so far. Had a scare yesterday though... My daughter was taken the emergency room. A "mercury" thermometer boke in her mouth and she swallowed all the "mercury". Fortunately they don't use real mercury anymore, so she's fine. She managed to spit out the broken glass with cutting her mouth as well. Scary stuff for sure!!

We're supposed to get around 12" of snow tonight into tomorrow. I have the next 4 days off so I"m going snowboarding for sure!! Did you say you're going to Gore on Sunday Doug? :think:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SuzyCreamcheese said:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Tomorrow, different story. I get to drive to Maine tomorrow in the snow to get my dad from the hospital. Triple bypass on Monday and the docs already want to get rid of the ornery old curmudgeon!

The Cheese
Talking about ornery old curmudgeons, my gramps insisted on driving HIMSELF home 5 days after having a triple bypass -- over a 100 mile.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:

My morning is good so far. Had a scare yesterday though... My daughter was taken the emergency room. A "mercury" thermometer boke in her mouth and she swallowed all the "mercury". Fortunately they don't use real mercury anymore, so she's fine. She managed to spit out the broken glass with cutting her mouth as well. Scary stuff for sure!!

We're supposed to get around 12" of snow tonight into tomorrow. I have the next 4 days off so I"m going snowboarding for sure!! Did you say you're going to Gore on Sunday Doug? :think:
:eek: I am glad that she's ok. Sounds REALLY scary to me and I don't have children yet!!! I am hoping to have tomorrow off as well, but I never know if the school will close or delay and I don't ski or board :think: Guess, I'll ride the trainer and fold laundry and pack for AZ after cleaning up the snow.

I am really bothered by this whole situation with Chris, but Earl wants to deal with it because he's a bit nicer than I am. It's REALLY hard for me to not take control and deal with it though....we've decided to let it stew until lunch and then I'm going to handel the matter.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
DAMN! that is not good!

now I'm glad I spent the $200 on my own bike case
Yupper and I am kicking myself for not going the Ebay route! There's another bike shop locally that has one for $300 that I am probably going to end up going there to buy it.

stosh said:
Yeah there is about 4 LBS's around here. I tried to get in good with the guy in town but he only deals in Giant bikes and mostly lowend stuff. Even just asking him to see if he can buy something was an ordeal.

The one shop I do like is about 45min from my house which sucks.
Yeah, we will be doing even more business with Victor at Trailblazers in the Rochester Area (4 hours for us), but he's been good to us and we'd much rather work with him at this point.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
I am really bothered by this whole situation with Chris, but Earl wants to deal with it because he's a bit nicer than I am. It's REALLY hard for me to not take control and deal with it though....we've decided to let it stew until lunch and then I'm going to handel the matter.
I don't blame you a bit. It would be one thing if this were a one-time incident, I know he was out sick for several days last week and is WAY behind in everything, but it's not. Plus he flat out lied to you. That sucks. I just ordered a bunch of parts through him, wish me luck.

P.S. - Let Earl deal with it. I think he might be a bit more "diplomatic" about the situation. :p Hopefully you guys can part ways on a business level without losing what's left of a friendship.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Wumpus said:
Talking about ornery old curmudgeons, my gramps insisted on driving HIMSELF home 5 days after having a triple bypass -- over a 100 mile.
Well, we'll see if he actually lets me drive. Of course I SHOULD be able to muscle him around if'n I have to. He is about THE worst passenger ever. He doesn't complain or second guess, but you can tell he's just hating every second of the ride. Maybe I'll see if we can get a morphine drip to go!

The Cheese

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
TreeSaw said:
Yupper and I am kicking myself for not going the Ebay route! There's another bike shop locally that has one for $300 that I am probably going to end up going there to buy it.

Yeah, we will be doing even more business with Victor at Trailblazers in the Rochester Area (4 hours for us), but he's been good to us and we'd much rather work with him at this point.

i bought victors yeti from him and in talking with him on the phone he seemed like a nice guy. He was also very prompt with shipping and was right on describing the condition of the bike so i wouldnt have any suprises when it got here.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:

yes sir, I'll be there w/the OC ski club (look for the I'm Outta Contol pins)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
biggins said:
i bought victors yeti from him and in talking with him on the phone he seemed like a nice guy. He was also very prompt with shipping and was right on describing the condition of the bike so i wouldnt have any suprises when it got here.
Yeah, we have purchased a few big ticket items from him (a Yeti 575, a Sportworks rack and a new set of UST wheels) and have had nothing but good luck with him. Hope you enjoy the Yeti!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ohhh man... 10w LED taxiway lights pow3n!!!111111o1o1

Now I can add 9 LED's for every 2 old style incandescant fixtures.... I just might be able to keep the existing voltage regulator.... ergo saving $'s.

:dancing: