Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I didn't do to much last night. I had to re-setup my TV and Stereo as our last TV blew up. Now I'm just using an old school TV with now S-video or any type of HD connection. We could buy a new TV but I remember someone on here saying that the key to saving is deciding how much you need it. Having only one TV also helps to limit my TV watching.

Last night I touched up my resume because I'm going to start sending it out to companies.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin stosh. We have a two hour delay this morning from school because of weather so Ii'm just kind of laying here on the couch half asleep with the laptop propped up next to it. :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin'. Last night was quiet. I did decide that it's time to start getting back in shape. 1/2 hour on the treadmill, 100 sit ups, 100 push ups. This will be my routine until the snow melts and I can ride on a regular basis.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
McGRP01 said:
Mornin'. Last night was quiet. I did decide that it's time to start getting back in shape. 1/2 hour on the treadmill, 100 sit ups, 100 push ups. This will be my routine until the snow melts and I can ride on a regular basis.
Thats a good idea. I should probably start doing that too! Especially if I want to be in somewhat decent shape for the dh season, :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Yeah I started riding my bike on the rollers last week. I get so f'ing bored so quick on them. I just want to get out on the road even.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Yeah I started riding my bike on the rollers last week. I get so f'ing bored so quick on them. I just want to get out on the road even.
I'd rather be on a trainer, but I don't own one. I could get one, but it's a decision between new componants and a trainer, and I have a treadmill anyway.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had hockey practice with my son Liam last night - that was a fun time. Came home, ate, surfed the web a little bit and then went out for a short little spin on the Cheeta Prowler.

I have a site visit meeting in about a half hour or so. Should be a busy day today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Stosh - I forgot to take photos of my stem and other stuff, but I should be able to get to it tonight.

I still think that old frame of Aubrey's would work well for Liam.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got my late valentine's present yesterday -- Susan left work early so I could go on a mountain bike ride in the gorgeous 70* weather before her meeting.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Watched the Paris Hilton episode of South Park last night... Has anyone else seen that? Absolutely grotesque, but funny in that "oh my God this is so horrible but I can't look away..." kind of way. Plus, I despise Paris Hilton so that made it funnier :p

Also did laundry, which I hate, and cannot wait to have a washer/dryer in my apartment.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

Watched the Paris Hilton episode of South Park last night... Has anyone else seen that? Absolutely grotesque, but funny in that "oh my God this is so horrible but I can't look away..." kind of way. Plus, I despise Paris Hilton so that made it funnier :p

Also did laundry, which I hate, and cannot wait to have a washer/dryer in my apartment.
We have a washer/dryer and we still despise doing it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Morning... had a meeting with my framing subcontractor and he's gonna be done middle of next week. I've got the electrician, plumber, and hvac contractors lined up for the end of next week for their rough-in.

The guy who was doing my roofing passed away so I am going to have to find a new sub for that.

Other than that, things are proceeding nicely...

Being a general contractor is dealing with one crisis after another until you are finally get paid!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
We have a washer/dryer and we still despise doing it.
I have no problem with actually washing my clothes, or folding/hanging them. My problem is specifically with having to leave the house for a couple hours, drive to a dirty laundrymat, pay money to sit around in said dirty place (since there's no way I'm leaving it alone there unless the place is empty) then either fold the laundry there (amidst the dirt) or dash home to fold it there and try to avoid it wrinkling (I don't iron, dammit).

That couple hours could be much better spent doing other things.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin everyone! Good luck on the job hunt stosh...any idea what you're looking for?

And for the getting into shape...man, I'm tryin! Every year I pick a new goal, and I come pretty close in fitness to that goal.

My ride last night tho...I got a flat and had to hike a bike. My new wheels are so nice and purdy and expensive that I would hate to dent one of the rims because I was too lazy to walk out, and rode out instead.
So...got home, and made fresh guacamole and had a small plate of nachos and a beer and crashed. My cat politely decided I should wake up around 3am by leaning too close to my head and breathing on my face. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
I have no problem with actually washing my clothes, or folding/hanging them.
:stupid:

I don't mind it at all. I do the laundry while I bum around the house (bumming around the house is one of my favorite activities). Actually, I prefer to do the laundry instead of letting the wife do it because I don't like the way she folds my clothes. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin everyone! Good luck on the job hunt stosh...any idea what you're looking for?

And for the getting into shape...man, I'm tryin! Every year I pick a new goal, and I come pretty close in fitness to that goal.

My ride last night tho...I got a flat and had to hike a bike. My new wheels are so nice and purdy and expensive that I would hate to dent one of the rims because I was too lazy to walk out, and rode out instead.
So...got home, and made fresh guacamole and had a small plate of nachos and a beer and crashed. My cat politely decided I should wake up around 3am by leaning too close to my head and breathing on my face. :rolleyes:
What do you mean "What you're looking for"?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
howdy my ninjas

we rescued a weenie dog on valentines day and had to take it to the vet for some much needed work. so after pulling most of his teeth, some skin infection meds and $300 we brought him home and had to take care of him last nite. poor little buddy, the neglect that shows on him is terrible. I can't imagine how somebody could treat a living breathing animal that way

anyhoo, that was my night. oh, that and laundry

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Buenos Dias Senor Stosho. The UPS guy was nice enough to drop off my new e.13 chain guide yesterday so I spent the evening building the .243 frame I just got from the buy and sell forum. I can't wait to get her on the trails. I am going to have to sneak out of work early so I can go do some urban tonight.

Weeks about half over... I wish it would hurry up and end, dang it!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Dang...I am gonna have to start working out or something so I can keep up on the SMBA trails :sneaky:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! It's a beautiful day because it's my last day of work for the next 11 days. Tomorrow at this time, I will be on a plane heading toward AZ!!!! YEAH!!! I am SO excited for this race. I think I might be able to win the drinking portion :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cooter Brown said:
howdy my ninjas

we rescued a weenie dog on valentines day and had to take it to the vet for some much needed work. so after pulling most of his teeth, some skin infection meds and $300 we brought him home and had to take care of him last nite. poor little buddy, the neglect that shows on him is terrible. I can't imagine how somebody could treat a living breathing animal that way

anyhoo, that was my night. oh, that and laundry
long time no see!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ciaran said:
Buenos Dias Senor Stosho. The UPS guy was nice enough to drop off my new e.13 chain guide yesterday so I spent the evening building the .243 frame I just got from the buy and sell forum. I can't wait to get her on the trails. I am going to have to sneak out of work early so I can go do some urban tonight.

Weeks about half over... I wish it would hurry up and end, dang it!
I'm hoping to get the fork I ordered for my GF's bike today... WAHOO that and some cable housing a new front DER will finish the build.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cooter Brown said:
AH-HA! So she's the one everyone's been missing :devil:

she's good, in school and busy as hell
NO not really, actually I hadn't even remembered her till now. But don't tell her that.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
What do you mean "What you're looking for"?
Well - as in what kinda job you're gonna try and get? Or did I misunderstand that you were putting together a resume to farm out to new companies?

J

JRB

stosh said:
Thank you God.
What did God do for you in this thread???

*if referring to me, I'm not God, or Godlike. I am just interjecting some reason for you. I know that I am likely to do the same thing. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Well - as in what kinda job you're gonna try and get? Or did I misunderstand that you were putting together a resume to farm out to new companies?
I would like to do what I'm doing now somewhere different that does a different type of architecture. I'm open to anything really.