Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Should be a slightly easier day today at work for me. Yesterday killed me, I hate when I get the shaft for poor planning on my boss's part.

It's supposed to get cold again for the rest of the week. I have tenative plans to head down to NYC to see The Gates this weekend. :)

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Hope today is better for you Stosh.

I'm super busy today...work, wedding stuff, plus I sold a pair of Grafton perches on eBay that I have to ship overseas and I discovered that my Fox 36 is busted so I boxed it up last night and need to ship it back today...then I have a few more small errands to run this evening. It's all excruciatingly exciting.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Went to my girlfriend's parents' house last night and they fed me enormous strip steaks from a local butcher. Sooo good...

Found a place down in Greenville that we're probably going to sign a lease for. 1000+ sq. ft. apartment, two floors, two bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, patio, W/D, dishwasher, the whole 9 yards.. for.. $595/month :eek: - apartments are so cheap down there, it's unreal!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Hope today is better for you Stosh.

I'm super busy today...work, wedding stuff, plus I sold a pair of Grafton perches on eBay that I have to ship overseas and I discovered that my Fox 36 is busted so I boxed it up last night and need to ship it back today...then I have a few more small errands to run this evening. It's all excruciatingly exciting.
Yeah I've come to realise that during this time of year my life is the most boring..... Wake-up, work, go home, do nothing, go to bed......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

Went to my girlfriend's parents' house last night and they fed me enormous strip steaks from a local butcher. Sooo good...

Found a place down in Greenville that we're probably going to sign a lease for. 1000+ sq. ft. apartment, two floors, two bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, patio, W/D, dishwasher, the whole 9 yards.. for.. $595/month :eek: - apartments are so cheap down there, it's unreal!
wow, thats crazy!!

Why did you end up in greenville?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Yeah I've come to realise that during this time of year my life is the most boring..... Wake-up, work, go home, do nothing, go to bed......
This is pretty much my routine these days as well. :(
Except I have a 3 y.o. to keep it interesting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo!

Got a 7:00 dek-hockey game tonight that I am all excited about. Taking six years off has really helped ignite my passion for it again. :)

I had a good workout last night, then was asleep by 9:30.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
This is pretty much my routine these days as well. :(
Except I have a 3 y.o. to keep it interesting.
I get out of work at 5:30 and don't usually get home till 6:30.... till we eat dinner it's after 7... and I live in a small apt. in the country..... not a whole hell of a lot to do with 10" of snow on the ground and it's 10 degrees out.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Good here. Went for an urban ride last nite while "American Lemming, I mean Idol" was on, got a flat, went home and changed the fork seal in my shiver, drank a couple beers and went to bed

work, well, got handed a project yesterday that some chick that quit was working on and boy is it all effed up. If anyone knows anything about Pro-Engineer and family tables, layers and supressed components you'll know my pain. If not, well, just say it's a big blazing boil on my achin ass

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
I get out of work at 5:30 and don't usually get home till 6:30.... till we eat dinner it's after 7... and I live in a small apt. in the country..... not a whole hell of a lot to do with 10" of snow on the ground and it's 10 degrees out.
Sounds Like you need a set of Snow Shoes.

we got anothe 1/2 inch of snow last night, Just enough to make it so I had to Chop it off all the windows to drive.

But we only have about 4 inches of snow on the ground now , Not enough to Snow shoe , too much to ride. and the roads are wicked messy, so No good for road riding.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Same here, get out of work at 6pm, get home around 6:30. Eat, play with my daughter til 8pm and then I either end up on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour and then watching TV or just watching T.V.. It funny, my wife and I are ALWAYS outside during the summer. Running, biking, hiking, etc... We're just not cold weather people. Guess upstate NY wasn't the best place to settle down huh? :think:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went on a ride last night. Only lasted about 45 minutes. Don't know if it was the heat or allergies/sick but my heart rate felt like it wasn't coming down.

Had quite a thunder bumbler start at about 3:30 -- one and half inches of rain in 4 hours. Thought for sure we were going to end up with two kiddos in bed with us, but they both slept right through it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Same here, get out of work at 6pm, get home around 6:30. Eat, play with my daughter til 8pm and then I either end up on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour and then watching TV or just watching T.V.. It funny, my wife and I are ALWAYS outside during the summer. Running, biking, hiking, etc... We're just not cold weather people. Guess upstate NY wasn't the best place to settle down huh? :think:
Thats why we're reconsidering upstate NY.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I can't say that I've ever done it but I don't understand what is so fun about snow shoeing?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning :)

The icky weather really doesn't sound like fun, Stosh! :( We're lucky, but not lucky, out here. The weather is amazing right now (60s today), but that means no snow in the mountains for those who ski/board.

Oh well, I intend to fully enjoy the good fortune in weather and go riding tonight :).

Went and saw the parental folks last night. They were both really cool about the accident this weekend, and totally supportive of me continuing both biking and climbing. You'd think, considering my status as the only girl in the family and at this point a bigger tom-boy than either brother, they'd want me to be more "normal", but they both feel the risks to me are about the same as a fatal accident on the highway...and my bumps and bruises and scars just add a little more character. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Good morning :)

The icky weather really doesn't sound like fun, Stosh! :( We're lucky, but not lucky, out here. The weather is amazing right now (60s today), but that means no snow in the mountains for those who ski/board.

Oh well, I intend to fully enjoy the good fortune in weather and go riding tonight :).

Went and saw the parental folks last night. They were both really cool about the accident this weekend, and totally supportive of me continuing both biking and climbing. You'd think, considering my status as the only girl in the family and at this point a bigger tom-boy than either brother, they'd want me to be more "normal", but they both feel the risks to me are about the same as a fatal accident on the highway...and my bumps and bruises and scars just add a little more character. :)
I don't really see how mtn climbing isn't normal, even for a girl?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I can't say that I've ever done it but I don't understand what is so fun about snow shoeing?
Do you ever hike?

Snow shoeing is just hiking, in the snow. The snow shoes simply allow you to walk on top of the snow instead of sinking down into it.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Morning!

Sorry to hear about the weather.

I caught a ride after work for about an hour. I was pretty pumped because I beat my fastest time. Then I came home, and dinner was on the table. Ate dinner. Watched my wife and kids(the show) Then loaded the dish washer and cleaned up. Fed the dogs, fed the fish. Helped with getting the kids ready for bed, and read a few books to the kids. Then I played a little Project Gotham 2. Took a shower, watched the news, and went to bed. Then the storm rolled in. I guess Wumpus sent it up my way.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
I don't really see how mtn climbing isn't normal, even for a girl?
It's not "un-normal" but it is unusual for my family - none of whom participate in any sports really, or have strong desires to be outside. I was raised to be a stereo-typical suburban girl who played little league and did high school sports and that's it...lol...little did they know ;)

I think in other families where everyone is more physical, has activities they really enjoy doing, it would be more "normal".

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin, just about to head off for school. :(

I've had a pretty good few days lately, been stepping up my riding a lot and have felt more confident with jumping on my rigid Titan lately, so that's awesome. And then I had school off on Monday for President's Day, an assembly yesterday, a late start today, and Friday off for conferences. It's a good week. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Do you ever hike?

Snow shoeing is just hiking, in the snow. The snow shoes simply allow you to walk on top of the snow instead of sinking down into it.
I don't hike I mtn bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
It's not "un-normal" but it is unusual for my family - none of whom participate in any sports really, or have strong desires to be outside. I was raised to be a stereo-typical suburban girl who played little league and did high school sports and that's it...lol...little did they know ;)

I think in other families where everyone is more physical, has activities they really enjoy doing, it would be more "normal".
True, my family isn't very... our door oriented. I mean I would go camping and fishing with my dad but I guess since more "extreme sports" weren't around he never got into anything like that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So I just found out there is a good chance I might be working on Turkes and Caicos for a year. This could turn interesting.....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BV, you looking at greenville in NC or SC? i'm working w/ Fluor on a project now, and they are based out of out g-ville SC so i may be down at their site at some point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
BV, you looking at greenville in NC or SC? i'm working w/ Fluor on a project now, and they are based out of out g-ville SC so i may be down at their site at some point.
NC........

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
As Stosh said, North Carolina.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I went to an AWESOME ballet last night in San Francisco...Giselle...it was beeeeaaaauuuuttttiiiiffuulllllll.

But some stupid f'n broad next to me was sicker than an f'n dog and hacking and coughing...it's like STAY HOME bitch we are in close proximity of others at the opera house and no one wants your SICK! If I get sick before or during my trip to Vegas this weekend...well...I'm just gonna hope this bitch has the same season ticket package I have and I'm gonna toss her over the balcony at the next ballet!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
they are in the caribbean, and a one-time downstairs neighbor of mine went there for vacation once. that's about it.
Excelent I'll have to base my decision on that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Afternoon Stosh - been on the road much of today, first out to Storrs for meetings, then into Hartford for meetings and I need to go back to Hartford again this afternoon.

Corporate mergers are not so good for corporate fundraising - takes two potential sources of funds and reduces it to one. And just because a company grows through a merger doesn't mean their philanthropic capacity grows proportionally. :mad:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Afternoon Stosh - been on the road much of today, first out to Storrs for meetings, then into Hartford for meetings and I need to go back to Hartford again this afternoon.

Corporate mergers are not so good for corporate fundraising - takes two potential sources of funds and reduces it to one. And just because a company grows through a merger doesn't mean their philanthropic capacity grows proportionally. :mad:
Um that sucks! Mergers suck for everybody!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Afternoon :stosh:

Am sick for the 4th straight day now. It reached it's climax last I think, I still feel ill, but nowhere like in the past three days.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
Um that sucks! Mergers suck for everybody!
not for the CEO, sr officers, or board members, usually. and they are 3153 times more important than everyone else, if you use compensation as a metric.