Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Didn't do much yesteday. I was late from work and the friends we were having over for dinner were already at our house when I got home. Ate dinner drank some beer watched a movie and went to bed. I can't wait till we have day light savings time change.

It's f'ing nice here. My window is open at my desk.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh

Sun is finally out here today ! Brought some clothes in to go ride at lunch today.

Got home last night to a couple of inches of water in my Basement , spent most of last night with a Surface pump and a shop vac. it appears the water flow into the basement has finally stopped . I am beggining to think about putting in a sump pump

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Sun is finally out here today ! Brought some clothes in to go ride at lunch today.

Got home last night to a couple of inches of water in my Basement , spent most of last night with a Surface pump and a shop vac. it appears the water flow into the basement has finally stopped . I am beggining to think about putting in a sump pump
damn was it coming thru your foundation walls?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have my bike/bike stuff...pretty sure I'm riding after work!! woohoo!

I have TWO sumppumps in my basement (as long as the main one is working, lifes good)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night was the first good night of sleep I've had in a week (stupid sore throat). I'm feeling good today. I went to the gym last night and had another decent workout.

7:00 hockey game tonight. Bummer that McG and his gimped up knee is going to miss it. :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning! Got to use my grill for the first time last night, grilled up a nice 18oz steak and some fish. That and a decent bottle of wine made for a very good dinner!

It's really nice out... If the wind died down it'd actually be warm. Too bad I'm working all day & have class tonight :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Last night was the first good night of sleep I've had in a week (stupid sore throat). I'm feeling good today. I went to the gym last night and had another decent workout.

7:00 hockey game tonight. Bummer that McG and his gimped up knee is going to miss it. :(
damn that sucks about Mark still not being able to play.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
where the floor meets the wall it seeps through and only on the 2 sides of the house ( most of the time , 5 years ago it was coming in os all 6 sides of the house )

wow, water in the basement is never a good thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning! Got to use my grill for the first time last night, grilled up a nice 18oz steak and some fish. That and a decent bottle of wine made for a very good dinner!

It's really nice out... If the wind died down it'd actually be warm. Too bad I'm working all day & have class tonight :(
yeah all this nice weather is great and all but I work till 5:30 so it's almost dark till I get out.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
yeah all this nice weather is great and all but I work till 5:30 so it's almost dark till I get out.
Sunset is 6:15. If I get out of work at 4:00, I can squeeze a solid 90 minute road ride in. :thumb: Perhaps Thursday....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Sunset is 6:15. If I get out of work at 4:00, I can squeeze a solid 90 minute road ride in. :thumb: Perhaps Thursday....
we're supposed to get rain later on Thursday.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Woohoo!! The sun is out, it's a great day to ride. Wish I had more options on where to ride, almost everything is still too wet from the thaw and now the rain too. Even a bad ride is still a good ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
Woohoo!! The sun is out, it's a great day to ride. Wish I had more options on where to ride, almost everything is still too wet from the thaw and now the rain too. Even a bad ride is still a good ride.
hey welcome to RM by the way!!
Haven't seen ya here before.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
splat said:
Sounds exactly like my night. I had not gone down to the basement since Monday. Well last night headed down, and bam! I'm standing in water. It was a long night of mopping and vacuuming.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Quiet night last night. Wife is out of town so I picked up my daughter at the in-laws after work and we went home and watched The Incredibles. Great movie!! Today is my Friday and I have Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun. off. Going riding tomorrow to see how much snow/mud is on the SMBA trail currently, hopefully they'll be somewhat ridable. Sat. we're throwing a suprise 60th birthday party for my mom-in-law. We rented the whole upstairs of the local brewpub (www.sayipa.com) so it should be a ripper!! Can't wait!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Quiet night last night. Wife is out of town so I picked up my daughter at the in-laws after work and we went home and watched The Incredibles. Great movie!! Today is my Friday and I have Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun. off. Going riding tomorrow to see how much snow/mud is on the SMBA trail currently, hopefully they'll be somewhat ridable. Sat. we're throwing a suprise 60th birthday party for my mom-in-law. We rented the whole upstairs of the local brewpub (www.sayipa.com) so it should be a ripper!! Can't wait!!
Had a friend go out on Sunday and he said there were spots that were REALLY muddy/slushy and not rideable. I would advise the gravel road entrance as the Stables entrance is usually bad this time of year. We're going to hit Spier Sunday morning (early) if you're interested.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Sun is out and I am planning on riding this afternoon. We've got a half day (students get to go home - teachers have meetings) and I am blowing out of here (instead of going ot my meetings) to get a ride in before my dental cleaning :thumb:

Celebrated my sister's 21st birthday last night at Applebees. Didn't get any drunken phone calls so they must have either been passed out early or disappointed me by not getting too crazy :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Sweep is a fellow CT monkey who me and Mark have ridden with. :thumb:

The CT monkey contingent is strong...
oh cool deal!! Well maybe he'll ride Stewart with Mark sometime.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I've been in a drunken-hibernating stupor for the last few months, just started riding last year. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, so I've been in my own little world during the winter months. I'm psyched to have the bike out of storage again though. Speaking of which.....cough* cough* I think I'm sick boss, I need to go home......

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - just barely. took and made some phone calls about my Marin for sale last night. Hopefully Sweep's buddy will want to buy it. Another guy wanted to trade a frame for my bike, but I don't think that's the way to go.

I rode around a little bit last night on the Hollowpoint - such a nice feeling bike, however my knee didn't feel so great again afterwards. :( friggin knee. Friggin black ice that I slipped on :mumble:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Woo hooo....Yayyy....:D I'll be happy all week
Mom just said it was okay for me to Not help this weekend. They're hiring movers to finish the rest!

Yayyyyyyyyy

No more back breaking work!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
I've been in a drunken-hibernating stupor for the last few months, just started riding last year. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, so I've been in my own little world during the winter months. I'm psyched to have the bike out of storage again though. Speaking of which.....cough* cough* I think I'm sick boss, I need to go home......
Yeah I may cut class in a week or two to go riding. We just had someone quit so sick days and vacation days are a thing of the past.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heidi said:
Is your knee still swollen?
Maybe just the tiniest bit - but not really swollen up big or anything. the outside of my knee hurts and is very sore though. Is there a worried smilie anywhere because that's what I'm feeling right now about my knee. Damned joints. :mad:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Maybe just the tiniest bit - but not really swollen up big or anything. the outside of my knee hurts and is very sore though. Is there a worried smilie anywhere because that's what I'm feeling right now about my knee. Damned joints. :mad:
It's probably just tweaked and you stretched stuff out that shouldn't be stretched.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well my day is so far uneventful. Lax practice alot and we have our first game on Saturday against Tilton i think. No riding for 8 more weeks i think unless i get my bike up here and ride some park, but thats really it. LAX season feels like it is going to be a long one this year!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I have some great stuff I got from my kung fu sifu. It's some ancient chinese herbal remedy. It's called dit da jow. Anybody who knows anything about traditional chinese medicine knows about this stuff. Its used a lot to help sore muscles and joints after iron palm training.