Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's another nice day out!!
I had a great ride last night. It was my longest/most intense ride this year!
Every time I ride my MKIII I'm more amazed at the bike. It was well worth the money.

Have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

No riding for us last night. We gymmed instead. After the gym, dinner, and a visit by MMcG, I put my pool table to some good use.

I really wanted to ride tonight and enjoy the 80 degree weather, but I have a hockey game. This is the first time since I started playing again that a hockey game has killed my ride plans. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Supposed to get into the 90's here today. Have the local bi-monthly brownie crit today. Basically a short MTB time trial.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin' all.
The weather's so nice out here finally. Getting regularily into 70s. :cool: Yesterday afternoon I went jobhunting and got a few apps, not sure if anything promising will come of them, but I got a few leads. The highlight of it was at my favorite lbs which only has highend type stuff and they said that they'd be hiring in a month and that if I didn't hav a job then, that I should go see them. :D (Hope I get one there)

splat

Nam I am
Morning I Rode My bike to work today! and It was beutiful Out ! Must do a Lunch ride ( I havethe feeling that will be long :) ), and of course a Longer route home.

But did the 16 mile ride in in 53:15 , I always try to ride my Comute in like a time trial, my personal best is 51:30 , SO I was Happy with my time , except with about 1/2 mile to go I was out of Juice. Must work on that.

Of Course I got to the Office and Relized I Left my Wallet , Keys and Cell Phone at home.

fortunaty one of the Guys down the hall was in already so he could let me into the Building , and the computer room. and in the computer room I have a 2nd Key for my Office hidden , so I could get into my office to get my Stuff to Shower and Change.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
eh it will be a better afternoon today some time around 6 when i get out on the road bike and suffer for a little while.... im not at all a morning person :mumble:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Back at work today for me. Planned on riding tonight, but PM Thundershowers in the forecast have put those plans on hold. That and I feel pretty crappy, got a cold coming on I think. On the plus side, I leave on vacation in 3 days!! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
another warm day, but T-Showers tonight.......plus some dude is suppose to come look at my jeep tonight, I really need to sell that ride - I should use today as a rest day anyway.

Westy, kick some arse at the crit!

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
oh yeah lol has anyone ever actaully watched the whole little grumber face thing i find it to be rather funny :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: sorry guys :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello!

No riding for us last night. We gymmed instead. After the gym, dinner, and a visit by MMcG, I put my pool table to some good use.

I really wanted to ride tonight and enjoy the 80 degree weather, but I have a hockey game. This is the first time since I started playing again that a hockey game has killed my ride plans. :(
Tonight I have to meet with my school group to work on our final project and it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.
HOWEVER I have friday off so I'll be riding then.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Did 8 hours of hard yard work yesterday and am still not finished. I managed to get 90% of the leaves dones and still have to do some seeding and fertilizing today so I need to go to Depot or Lowes and get the stuff. I wish I could ride my bike there, but I think it might be too hard to carry the stuff back with me :think:

Other than that, heading out to dinner with some friends and plan on hearing Sensmaya play tonight. One of my co-worker's bands...they plan all types of jazz & latin music so it should be a good time.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin', all!!

Craziness from the moment I unlocked the office doors at 6:30 this morning. I work for a roof and floor truss manufacturer, and we got word this morning that a huge job we had been working on for several days, had collapsed late yesterday afternoon with two guys getting sent to the hospital that were working on it. Just got back from the jobsite and meeting with the engineers---turns out the whole job had been improperly braced....and some areas not braced at all according to our specs by the framing crew on the job. They're completely screwed on this one!! Each truss was 75 feet long, and weighed in at 788 lbs. a piece. There were 47 of them sitting on top of a 30 ft. tall block wall, and it pulled half of that wall inward with it as it collapsed!! Holy crap!!! We had spent the better part of a week designing a system for setting these things in place, consulted engineers, and compiled tons of research into a solid plan, that when done by the book, would have been a flawless installation. But, instead....they decide to do it the jackleg way, and just "wing it." You can't just wing it, man. This was some serious doo-doo, and they've just stepped into a HUGE pile of it. We're talking at least 65,000 bucks worth of lumber and labor they're gonna hafta eat----ouchie. Hope their insurance is good to go.

Other than that, I went on my fourth ride in as many days yesterday afternoon, and my body is crushed from peddling that damn Bullit all over central North Carolina. :thumb:

Whoops!!!! I forgot this thread sucks without pics.

This is what nearly 40,000 lbs of trusses look like when they fall from 30 ft. Pick-up sticks, anyone?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Back at work today for me. Planned on riding tonight, but PM Thundershowers in the forecast have put those plans on hold. That and I feel pretty crappy, got a cold coming on I think. On the plus side, I leave on vacation in 3 days!! :thumb:
How is your ankle Tigg?? and where are you going on vacation?

Oh yeah and Good Morning.

Went for a ride on the Hollowpoint last night - stopped over and chatted with MBC and IAB a bit...then rode some more. Then took Bailey out or a walk, and headed over to Lauras for a couple of hours.

Plan on riding tonight - just not sure where or what type of ride.

Where are the photos of your bike Stosh???

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin.

How long was your ride? I did some riding last night... nothing serious, but enough to wear me out. I really need to get out on some more legitimate rides to whip my arse into shape.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Where are the photos of your bike Stosh???
I asked him about that yesterday and he gave some lame excuse. I think all this riding/new bike talk is just a ploy to get people to stop harassing him about the fact that he doesn't actually ride.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
Mornin.

How long was your ride? I did some riding last night... nothing serious, but enough to wear me out. I really need to get out on some more legitimate rides to whip my arse into shape.
:stupid: I need to start loggin some miles too. My knee feels a little sore this a.m., but nothing like it felt after a weekend of jogging and playing catch and stuff so that's a good sign....I think. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jacksonpt said:
Mornin.

He could just take pictures of all the bike parts in a box and say he has not had the time to take pictures since he built it up.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
How is your ankle Tigg?? and where are you going on vacation?
Ankle is better thanks! :) Pain is just about gone, but I still don't have full range of motion, so it's hard to walk. Leaving Sat. morning for Jamaica. First vacation the wife and I have been on since our daughter was born 4 years ago. (not counting weekend getaways) Much needed for sure!!

And...where ARE the bike pics Stosh!?!?!? :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Supposed to get into the 90's here today. Have the local bi-monthly brownie crit today. Basically a short MTB time trial.
BTW I put the 75% ratio of air to body weight in the Manitou Minute, my GF loves the bike now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin.

I need to pace myself when I ride..... that will help me get back into better shape.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yea... I've heard that slower, longer rides is better for getting into shape than shorter, harder/faster rides.
yeah well I'm better at pacing myself when I'm alone. When I ride with other people I'm not so good at it. Maybe I'll ride my HT on Friday, that should pace me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
I need to pace myself when I ride..... that will help me get back into better shape.
I agree. I was pretty happy with my ride on Sunday. I felt good for the entire time. Believe it or not, I think my endurance has improved just over the 5 rides I've done so far this spring.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey Stosh, did you get that seatclamp yet?
got it last night. I'm gonna put it on tonight. Thanks!! I'm debating getting one for my GF's bike because her stock trek clamp sucks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
I agree. I was pretty happy with my ride on Sunday. I felt good for the entire time. Believe it or not, I think my endurance has improved just over the 5 rides I've done so far this spring.
my endurance has over 3 rides I've had.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
BTW I put the 75% ratio of air to body weight in the Manitou Minute, my GF loves the bike now.
:thumb:

Cool, hopefully that means she will get hooked on riding.

You meant the MARS right?

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Good Morning, my leetle monkies!!!!!

It's awesome here.
80 today.
Clear skies.

AND.... I went to my first hash house run last night!
It was SOOO fun.

and

HAPPY 4/20!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
:thumb:

Cool, hopefully that means she will get hooked on riding.

You meant the MARS right?
yeah right....

duh

anyway she kicked my a$$ last night. She's already into biking. I think it's been helping with her breathing which if for nothing else makes it worth it for her.
She scares me because she's daring and I worry she's gonna get hurt. There isnt' anything I go down that she won't.
She's short and on a small bike so she can keep her weight nice and low.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
Good Morning, my leetle monkies!!!!!

It's awesome here.
80 today.
Clear skies.

AND.... I went to my first hash house run last night!
It was SOOO fun.

and

HAPPY 4/20!!!
what's a hash house run....?

Is that like a Progressive dinner...?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
I believe I still have a black 31.8 QR and a red 34.9 QR still in stock.
Hrmmmm I think her's is around 34.9 but her bike is almost all black. No red at all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
yeah right....

duh

anyway she kicked my a$$ last night. She's already into biking. I think it's been helping with her breathing which if for nothing else makes it worth it for her.
She scares me because she's daring and I worry she's gonna get hurt. There isnt' anything I go down that she won't.
She's short and on a small bike so she can keep her weight nice and low.
Reminds me of the time I took my friend Nate for his first MTB ride. There was this section where the trail took a sharp right but he went straight and essentially hucked this 10ft drop on a fully rigid POS bike. I was amazed and had to remind him he wasn't supposed to do stuff like that. He would have been an amazing rider but gave it up for smoking and being pssy whipped.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
got out of work too late to do much last night. got up a bit earlier for a quick jog to at least enjoy some nice weather when i can. hopefully i can hit a quick trail ride either tonight or tomorrow after work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Reminds me of the time I took my friend Nate for his first MTB ride. There was this section where the trail took a sharp right but he went straight and essentially hucked this 10ft drop on a fully rigid POS bike. I was amazed and had to remind him he wasn't supposed to do stuff like that. He would have been an amazing rider but gave it up for smoking and being pssy whipped.
bwahhhhhh
I managed to get my chain smoking friend to buy a bike a few years ago. It wasn't great but it was a good first bike. He was great at snowboarding and he would have been a good biker except we had to stop for a smoke every 25min.
I eventually bought his bike off him because he wasn't riding it. It sucks.... I've lost a lot of friends because I have more active interested then they do. However I have also gained a lot of friends.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
It sucks.... I've lost a lot of friends because I have more active interested thenthey do. However I have also gained a lot of friends.
My bike is my friend, and it'll go to the grave with me. Nothing else matters.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Hashing is:

"Hashing . . . it's a mixture of athleticism and sociability, hedonism and hard work; a refreshing break from the nine-to-five routine. Hashing is an exhilaratingly fun combination of r*nning, orienteering, and partying, where bands of Harriers and Harriettes chase Hares on eight-to-ten kilometer-long trails through town, country, jungle, and desert, all in search of exercise, camaraderie, and good times. "

http://web.hashnyc.com/

I highly suggest it. Just look up Hash House Harriers online and find your local group.