Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
Hashing is:

"Hashing . . . it's a mixture of athleticism and sociability, hedonism and hard work; a refreshing break from the nine-to-five routine. Hashing is an exhilaratingly fun combination of r*nning, orienteering, and partying, where bands of Harriers and Harriettes chase Hares on eight-to-ten kilometer-long trails through town, country, jungle, and desert, all in search of exercise, camaraderie, and good times. "

http://web.hashnyc.com/

I highly suggest it. Just look up Hash House Harriers online and find your local group.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Wife? Kids?
jacksonpt said:
Nothing else matters.
in terms of friends, nothing else matters. I'd rather do a solo ride than do almost anything with any of my friends. People just aren't important to me.

Actually... I'm not sure I'd give up riding for my wife... at least not if she gave me an ultimatum. Perhaps if other circumstances forced me to, but...

As for the kids... I'd probably put riding on the back burner for them. Oh, wait... that's what I've already done.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
in terms of friends, nothing else matters. I'd rather do a solo ride than do almost anything with any of my friends. People just aren't important to me.
Geez, I can't imagine feeling that way. I'd much rather ride with a few friends and share the experience with them. Riding solo is boring. But to each their own, I guess.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:

Actually... I'm not sure I'd give up riding for my wife... at least not if she gave me an ultimatum. Perhaps if other circumstances forced me to, but...

As for the kids... I'd probably put riding on the back burner for them. Oh, wait... that's what I've already done.
ha I gottcha!!

It's funny, I don't mind riding with people or without. IMO they both have their benefits.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
Geez, I can't imagine feeling that way. I'd much rather ride with a few friends and share the experience with them. Riding solo is boring. But to each their own, I guess.
I don't mind solo riding, but I definately enjoy a fun ride with friends.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
jacksonpt said:
... enough to wear me out...
Wait until the new kid dosn't sleep :sneaky:

Missed my lunchtime ride yesterday - dang work! Had to send an apology letter to another department for a co-workers fault, but I took the blame (patting myself on back here). Weather out here has been more winter-like, cloudy & cool, not much sun the past few days, that's OK tho, I suspect this summer will be HOTHOTHOT :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
maybe he meant he'd prefer a solo bike ride than just hanging out with his friends watching baseball or something lame like that

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
none of my friends ride, so that's kind of n/a for me.

actually one of them tried to ride once - first time out he broke his shoulder in 3 places. I quickly inherited his bike.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
ET_SoCal said:
Wait until the new kid dosn't sleep :sneaky:
eh, we're past that. He's sleepign 3-4 hours at a time between feedings/changings at night. And since my wife currently isn't working, she does the night time feedings. So I'm up for about 20 minutes each time he needs a bottle... that's it. In about 4 weeks he's going to start on baby cereal... that should keep him full longer, so 6-8 hours stretches are likely.

J

JRB

Good morning. I thought I read something about stosh riding in the first post. Am I still asleep?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Still a lot of catch up to do here at work, so it's going to be a hectic day.

Hope everyone has a good day! :)
Hey thanks for all the pics of Sea Otter BTW.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Greyhound said:
This is what nearly 40,000 lbs of trusses look like when they fall from 30 ft. Pick-up sticks, anyone?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/jodyb/Trussfall002.jpg
good lawd. how are the two guys who were injured?

i decided it would be a good idea to work on my softball swing so hit up a local batting cage yesterday. the hitting itself was good but i managed to screw up my left wrist somehow and (re-)discovered that seattle traffic absolutely sucks from 4-6 pm. :dead:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
My bike is clean & tuned...did some fun work on it last night...

oh and my cat pooped a worm (we killed it with drugses, it was eating her food in her intestine...grooossss)...

6" long!!!