Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Hey all. I ducked out of work early yesterday and got about 10 dirt miles in before having to pick my wife up at the train station. :thumb: Then I almost killed a roadie on the way. Dillhole blew right threw a stop sign in front of me forcing me to squeal the tires slowing down, then flipped me off like it was my fault that I almost hit him. :confused: I'll never understand road cyclists, and by road cyclists I mean people on bikes who ride on the road, not just roadies. Why do they think the have universal right-of-way? I could rant forever on this, but it's not worth it. The sun's shining and I'm already looking at this afternoon's workload to judge the potential for an early split and more dirt before dinner. :D

J

JRB

BikeGeek said:
<snip> I'll never understand road cyclists, and by road cyclists I mean people on bikes who ride on the road, not just roadies. Why do they think the have universal right-of-way? I could rant forever on this, but it's not worth it. The sun's shining and I'm already looking at this afternoon's workload to judge the potential for an early split and more dirt before dinner. :D
I had a rant to give about this the other day. I waited until I finally unclipped to keep from falling over waiting on some chick to go at a stop sign. If there is a car, I stop completely. If not, I will roll slowly. Most of my friends just blow them, and that pisses me off. It makes everyone hate all cyclists. It sucks. :mumble:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
Hey all. I ducked out of work early yesterday and got about 10 dirt miles in before having to pick my wife up at the train station. :thumb: Then I almost killed a roadie on the way. Dillhole blew right threw a stop sign in front of me forcing me to squeal the tires slowing down, then flipped me off like it was my fault that I almost hit him. :confused: I'll never understand road cyclists, and by road cyclists I mean people on bikes who ride on the road, not just roadies. Why do they think the have universal right-of-way? I could rant forever on this, but it's not worth it. The sun's shining and I'm already looking at this afternoon's workload to judge the potential for an early split and more dirt before dinner. :D
:dillhole:

Roadies in my neck of the woods (and by roadies, I mean roadies) seem to think traffic laws do not apply to cyclists. I have assume the laws are not applicable in Farmington Valley.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
loco said:
I had a rant to give about this the other day. I waited until I finally unclipped to keep from falling over waiting on some chick to go at a stop sign. If there is a car, I stop completely. If not, I will roll slowly. Most of my friends just blow them, and that pisses me off. It makes everyone hate all cyclists. It sucks. :mumble:
Someone's going to get killed in my neighborhood. Almost every evening between 20 and 50 roadies use the neighborhood for a group ride. It looks like a great ride with all those hills around and it's certainly cool to see that many roadies in a tight pack zipping down the road. On the other hand, they completely disregard all stop signs and other traffic and fill the entire travel lane making it impossible to get by. I'm all for the "we're not blocking traffic, we are traffic" thing, but there's also something called courtesy when you're not even close to the posted speed limit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
About two years ago. Myself and some friends went up to Milford, NJ to visit another one of our friends that's living there. Got there late at night, and immediately went over to the city to check out what's going on. Just twisted a blunt when we ran into a roadblock up in Harlem on 125th. Cop scared the hell out of me........asked where I was coming from---I said "Jersey." He goes "....You don't sound like you're from Jersey....don't f^ck with me, or I'll throw you in jail, Jersey-boy" "Whatcha got there on your console(referring to the blunt) "Just a cigar" I said. "That ain't no f^ckin' cigar, pal........" I kept ttrying to convince him it was a cigar, but he wasn't buying it. So finally....accepting defeat, I said "Yeah.....it's a blunt."

"Weed?" he said. "We ain't lookin' for no f^ckin' weed tonight....we're lookin' for guns. You got any guns---or am I going to have to drag that outta you, too?" "No sir......no guns. We're just hanging out and enjoying your fine city here.......really" I replied. "Aright.....get the f^ck outta here, and don't let me ever see you again, redneck."
Ha, NYC cops don't care about weed ever......

Ever go to washington square park? :D :D :D :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
That's funny you say that, stosh. We were down there, and I met a guy who came over on NIna, Pinta AND the Santa Maria. Freakshow, man.
Well if you went to NYC to smoke weed and hang out of course you would go to Washington Sqare park.

BikeGeek said:
...Then I almost killed a roadie on the way. Dillhole blew right threw a stop sign in front of me forcing me to squeal the tires slowing down, then flipped me off like it was my fault that I almost hit him. :confused: I'll never understand road cyclists, and by road cyclists I mean people on bikes who ride on the road, not just roadies. Why do they think the have universal right-of-way?...
Wull, I ride on the road and almost got myself into a situation like that the other day. Misjudged a light change and wound up flat-tracking halfway into an intersection on U.S. Route 7 while trying to stop with those stupid skinny tires.

I don't, however, flip off other people when I fuxor up, on a bike or otherwise.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
johnbryanpeters said:
Wull, I ride on the road and almost got myself into a situation like that the other day. Misjudged a light change and wound up flat-tracking halfway into an intersection on U.S. Route 7 while trying to stop with those stupid skinny tires.

I don't, however, flip off other people when I fuxor up, on a bike or otherwise.
I'm guessing this guy misjudged how fast he was going. It looked like he intended to blow through the sign and make the right turn hugging the curb. Instead he swung really wide and ended up in front of me. I'm not sure why he flipped me off.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Well if you went to NYC to smoke weed and hang out of course you would go to Washington Sqare park.

Well.......doo-doo head---I didn't GO there to smoke weed....that part just kinda happened. We were flinging the frisbee around the city all day. Just walking around, chucking the disc through traffic, going to Chinatown and marveling at how much taller I was than EVERYONE else there. We ended up at Wash. Sq. kinda by accident. Met John Goodman in the P&G bar around 2am that night as well. Nice guy. Loved the fact we were from NC and just up here tooling around.

You doofus. :eviltongu

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Well.......doo-doo head---I didn't GO there to smoke weed....that part just kinda happened. We were flinging the frisbee around the city all day. Just walking around, chucking the disc through traffic, going to Chinatown and marveling at how much taller I was than EVERYONE else there. We ended up at Wash. Sq. kinda by accident. Met John Goodman in the P&G bar around 2am that night as well. Nice guy. Loved the fact we were from NC and just up here tooling around.

You doofus. :eviltongu

Are you a hippy?
You should have kept heading north, Woodstock is only about 2hrs away.

:eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
By the way.....what's the longest any GMT thread has stayed active? Any gone into the next day? That could get confusing.
Not sure how long. This one has certainly seen a lot of activity for one day.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Are you a hippy?
You should have kept heading north, Woodstock is only about 2hrs away.

:eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

Heh heh.....NO, stosh. Not a hippy. Wouldn't go over too well here in the South. But, just like every other redneck down here, I like to have good time. I DO like the Allman Brothers, though. I hope that doesn't count. :p

Hippy...........I think that's the first time I've ever been asked that. :)

This thread is a freakin riot!!! Good times. Thanks for starting these things, Stosh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Heh heh.....NO, stosh. Not a hippy. Wouldn't go over too well here in the South. But, just like every other redneck down here, I like to have good time. I DO like the Allman Brothers, though. I hope that doesn't count. :p

Hippy...........I think that's the first time I've ever been asked that. :)

This thread is a freakin riot!!! Good times. Thanks for starting these things, Stosh.
See thats why I dont' think I would fit in well in the south. While I don't smoke weed or listen to Janis I live around woodstock and listen to the radio station out of wood stock. My boss is an old hippie and I think I tend to think along similar ideas.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
You'd fit in fine, my man. We define laid-back down here. We're just not parading around in bellbottoms and wearing patchoulli oil. Well......maybe in Asheville. :p

Take a trip down sometime.......we brought Binary Visions over to the South-side---it could work for you too.

Hmmmmmmmm......that last line reminded me of the "Outsiders" for a sec.

"Can you see the Sunset good from the South side, Ponyboy?"

"Yeah."

".....Well, you can see it good from the North side too."

......Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Saw one of these while riding yesterday.

I didn't stop to ask it if it had stolen any blenders full of hot lesbos stolen from a hippy though.

J

JRB

Yeah - folks around here think that a mass means the laws don't apply. It's stupid.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Greyhound said:
Excellent summation, jdschall!! Funny stuff.

Although I feel like I've been "tagged" as a hippy now. Not fair. :help:

Damn you, stosh!! :)
Yeah. It happened to me yesterday. I had to threaten DBR with abduction and subsequent disappearance to make it stop. So far so good. Good luck to you - hippy of the day.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Greyhound said:
By the way.....what's the longest any GMT thread has stayed active? Any gone into the next day? That could get confusing.

Just to be a jackass I'm going to bump this thread for you Greyhound.

Bump. Hee Hee.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Excellent summation, jdschall!! Funny stuff.

Although I feel like I've been "tagged" as a hippy now. Not fair. :help:

Damn you, stosh!! :)
Ha, you are a hippy, don't deny it!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oh no.......I had a dream about this last night.. Freakin' wok was chasing after me cause I burned a soy sauce stain into it!!!! :think:

I ain't right.

I wish I still had enough hair for a hippy-do. .....'Bout all I could manage now is a bad BikerFox imitation. ;)