Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I spent $60 last night to buy material for my final Architecture project. School is expensive.....

Other than that I of course watched HOUSE last night and then worked on my project for a while.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Word up, monkeys.

Not much happening. Went to the gym last night. MBC and I may ride after work. We'll see.

I am riding my bike to work tomorrow. I brought all my extra crap into work today (food, clothes, etc). It should be interesting!

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Last night My daughter had her first Softball Game , SO I road My Bike over to the Field ( 9 miles ) and Watched , She 0-1 and 2 walks and didn't make any errors in the field.

tonight There is a Road Time trial i hope to be able to do. that should be a good ass kicking !

splat

Nam I am
MtnBikerChk said:
Most walks in a season is the coolest softball record to hold! It means they can't find your strike zone!! Tell her congrats!
thing is she is Tiny , her first time up she swung at the first 3 pitches ( that were all balls ) , so when she went to bat the 2nd time told her nbot to swing at any thing that looked over her head , she swung at a gutter ball, but still managed the walk, then she caught on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
Morning fellow primates. This morning I was at my desk at 7AM. Hopefully I will leave at 9:30 to go to my daughters ballet recital.
How old is your daughter?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good HOUSE last night. Didn't see that one coming.........

Got out for a ride yesterday evening.....must have had some pent-up aggression, cause I was overshooting all my jumps, and just basically plowing over everything. Finally got my suspension settings back to normal after screwing with them earlier on in the week. Packed it in a little early, and headed on to the casa to grill some burgers, browse RideMonkey, and watch a little idiot box. We also got our honeymoon destination nailed down to being in Costa Rica and started making arrangements for that.

Have a gas-free day.......I've run myself out of my office a few times already this morning!!! :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

ok... the rundown from yesterday...

Took Sean to the Dr... said he still has a cold, doesn't seem to be getting better or worse. Gave us some tips to help him sleep more/better at night.

Now that the weather is improving, Emma constantly wants to be outside (that's my girl!). She's been on her tricycle a lot lately... we've been working on her pedaling. Yesterday she got it down... at least mostly. She can now pedal herself up and down the driveway with a fair amount of skill. I'm so proud of her. I think the bike doesn't quite fit her right at this point... when she gets on pedal down as far as she can pus it, the opposite pedal isn't quite at the top of it's arc, so she has to push it forward a bit before starting the downstroke. It took us a while to get the hang of that, and she still gets hung up from time to time... but once she gets a little momentum going, so can roll right along.

At 3.5 weeks... I got my first conscience smile from sean. He smiles a lot in his sleep, but yesterday was the first time he smiled right at me when awake. It was pretty cool.

I also watched house... it's one of the few (if not the only) television shows I watch regularly.

That's it I do believe...

Tonight we are meeting with a landscape person who is recommending some basic landscapping ideas for the house. Also getting a quote to fence in the back yard for our dogs. I fear it's going to be an expensive day. :dead:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning monkeys. Jurassic 5 last night was awesome. Easily in my top 10 of concerts ever. So much energy. Just a good group. Going to beantown tonight to celebrate my friend's 21 birthday. That should be interesting. Glad work gave me tomorrow off.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Took Sean to the Dr... said he still has a cold, doesn't seem to be getting better or worse. Gave us some tips to help him sleep more/better at night.

Now that the weather is improving, Emma constantly wants to be outside (that's my girl!). She's been on her tricycle a lot lately... we've been working on her pedaling. Yesterday she got it down... at least mostly. She can now pedal herself up and down the driveway with a fair amount of skill. I'm so proud of her. I think the bike doesn't quite fit her right at this point... when she gets on pedal down as far as she can pus it, the opposite pedal isn't quite at the top of it's arc, so she has to push it forward a bit before starting the downstroke. It took us a while to get the hang of that, and she still gets hung up from time to time... but once she gets a little momentum going, so can roll right along.

At 3.5 weeks... I got my first conscience smile from sean. He smiles a lot in his sleep, but yesterday was the first time he smiled right at me when awake. It was pretty cool.

I also watched house... it's one of the few (if not the only) television shows I watch regularly.

Tonight we are meeting with a landscape person who is recommending some basic landscapping ideas for the house. Also getting a quote to fence in the back yard for our dogs. I fear it's going to be an expensive day. :dead:
HOUSE is the ONLY show I watch.

Thats great about your daughter and I hope Sean gets better soon. Aubrey's sis had a baby in Nov and she's at the age where she is starting to interact with people. It's great!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning monkeys. Jurassic 5 last night was awesome. Easily in my top 10 of concerts ever. So much energy. Just a good group. Going to beantown tonight to celebrate my friend's 21 birthday. That should be interesting. Glad work gave me tomorrow off.
Where did you see Jurassic 5?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
4. She thinks she is a prima Ballerina and dances all over the house.
ha, thats great!!! Kids have such great imaginations... well so do adults though....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning monkeys!

Tonight, I begin an exercise routine. I've been inexcusably lazy lately, and over the course of this winter I've gotten more out of shape than I've ever been in my life.

It'll come back quick, I'm sure, but it makes me uncomfortable to have gotten so out of shape so quickly. Wish me luck!

Anyone doing anything special for Mother's Day? I'm driving 6 hours north to see my mom this weekend.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Due to receiving a stiff rogering at work last night, I was not able to ride with T-blazer and crew :mumble:

But at least my new roadie is supposed to arrive tomorrow, although I will probably have to work late and not get to ride it :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good morning monkeys!

Tonight, I begin an exercise routine. I've been inexcusably lazy lately, and over the course of this winter I've gotten more out of shape than I've ever been in my life.

It'll come back quick, I'm sure, but it makes me uncomfortable to have gotten so out of shape so quickly. Wish me luck!

Anyone doing anything special for Mother's Day? I'm driving 6 hours north to see my mom this weekend.
Where are you going?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
Where did you see Jurassic 5?

Toad's place in New Haven, CT. Man I still can't get over how good the show was. I'm actually pretty new to J5. My roommate borrowed my car one day and left one of their CDs in the player, and I ended up listening to it for 2 weeks straight.

I even got a J5 shirt last night and I got it autographed by 4 of 5 members.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
Most walks in a season is the coolest softball record to hold! It means they can't find your strike zone!!
Or it might mean that the pitcher sucks and can't find the plate to save his or her life as was the case last night at my son's baseball game. The pitchers for the other team sucked arse! Holy Torture.

I love baseball, but I'm starting to wonder if it is such a great sport for young kids. It seems like kids today are way behind in skills compared to when I was a kid - but maybe it's just my perspective as an adult. Not sure. I DO know that when I was a kid we were way more well behaved and disciplined than today's generation of kids. It was frustrating to watch these kids goof around - and at the same time, I was proud of Liam. He's one of a few third graders on his team and he was a good sport, well behaved, and he played well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
Toad's place in New Haven, CT. Man I still can't get over how good the show was. I'm actually pretty new to J5. My roommate borrowed my car one day and left one of their CDs in the player, and I ended up listening to it for 2 weeks straight.

I even got a J5 shirt last night and I got it autographed by 4 of 5 members.
Thats cool! How many people where at the show?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
stosh said:
I spent $60 last night to buy material for my final Architecture project. School is expensive.....

Other than that I of course watched HOUSE last night and then worked on my project for a while.
thats why I dropped out. :D not really, everyone would always pick on me...not really either. :D lets just say working 40+ hours & school aint for me. :D

House is a pretty cool show. I never have seen it until last week. I give it 2 :thumbs:. What about American Idol? did you watch that? I hope Federov gets the boot this week.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
:drool: @ maine

I can't wait for July when I go up there.
I like Maine a lot, it's just a long haul to drive up 6hrs. on Saturday and drive back 6hrs. on Sunday. Oh well. At least Jenn will be coming along to keep me company on the long drive!

ROCKLAND said:
You poor man. J/k, it's not that bad up there. Where exactly?
Searsport.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I am riding my bike to work tomorrow. I brought all my extra crap into work today (food, clothes, etc). It should be interesting!

very cool :thumb:

yesterday was the 1st night of outdoor vball, my team plays so much better outside (we have been getting our asses kicked inside but yesterday we were 6-1)

Most of my team hit the bar after

oh, and its my Bday & I took the day off from work!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin! Had an awesome ride last night with Snacks, TrailHacker, Skookum, and Evilbob....:thumb:

I have to go shopping one day this week for "luggage" for all this business travel. Anyone know if there's such a thing as:
a professional "looking" messenger bag
that holds a computer
has room for other stuff (purse/small projector/work files/book to read/cosmetics)?

I'd like to get something practical, that isn't reserved solely for all my business travel, but something i can sling over my back for my morning commute by bike as well.

Any thoughts?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
MMcG said:
It seems like kids today are way behind in skills compared to when I was a kid - but maybe it's just my perspective as an adult. Not sure. I DO know that when I was a kid we were way more well behaved and disciplined than today's generation of kids. It was frustrating to watch these kids goof around.
It probably has a lot to do with how parents (fail to) raise their kids. So many parents just sit them in front of the TV or put a video on for them. The kids just turn into Vidiots.

It's awesome that your kid is so well behaved. I'm sure it's at least a small thorn in other parents' sides.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ROCKLAND said:
Ahh. That's not so bad. Not much going on there, but it's on the ocean. Pretty.
Definitely. My mom's house is just a couple miles from a nice little bay with Sears Island accessible at low tide.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yossarian said:
4. She thinks she is a prima Ballerina and dances all over the house.
That's awesome! :thumb: sounds like the way I was as a kid...then I discovered gymnastics and conned my mom in to letting me drop ballet and tap and jazz for 100% gymnastics...

Ballet is so great for little kids...fun stuff!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I like Maine a lot, it's just a long haul to drive up 6hrs. on Saturday and drive back 6hrs. on Sunday. Oh well. At least Jenn will be coming along to keep me company on the long drive!

Searsport.
Stop by Freeport!

MMcG said:
Or it might mean that the pitcher sucks and can't find the plate to save his or her life as was the case last night at my son's baseball game. The pitchers for the other team sucked arse! Holy Torture.

I love baseball, but I'm starting to wonder if it is such a great sport for young kids. It seems like kids today are way behind in skills compared to when I was a kid - but maybe it's just my perspective as an adult. Not sure. I DO know that when I was a kid we were way more well behaved and disciplined than today's generation of kids. It was frustrating to watch these kids goof around - and at the same time, I was proud of Liam. He's one of a few third graders on his team and he was a good sport, well behaved, and he played well.
your kids are the most well behaved I'VE ever seen - and for 2 boys too (not that boys tend to misbehave more but they play rougher and therefore louder)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Greyhound said:
. We also got our honeymoon destination nailed down to being in Costa Rica and started making arrangements for that.

:D
Costa rica was awesome man... i went there for our honeymoon 2 years ago... have a great time!!!! May i strongly suggest the north west beach areas!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
woke up tired today, yesterday i rode up and down the westside hwy for a few hours, usually its not so bad but it was very windy. (see pics in another lounge thread). today i promised my wife we would go hiking.. hopefully it will go into darkness. I love scareing her!!!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk said:
your kids are the most well behaved I'VE ever seen - and for 2 boys too (not that boys tend to misbehave more but they play rougher and therefore louder)

No kidding. Geez. His kids are so well behaved it's mind boggling.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

That's awesome that your daughter rides her bike :thumb: Good luck with Sean sounds like he's having a tough time, but must love his daddy if he's already smiling :D

Good luck with the landscaper....it's REALLY expensive. If it's something you can do yourself, you can save quite a bit of $. Look into getting shrubs and trees from Hewitts (if you have one locally). They have a lifetime guarantee and their prices are good too.