Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
I love baseball, but I'm starting to wonder if it is such a great sport for young kids. It seems like kids today are way behind in skills compared to when I was a kid - but maybe it's just my perspective as an adult. Not sure. I DO know that when I was a kid we were way more well behaved and disciplined than today's generation of kids. It was frustrating to watch these kids goof around - and at the same time, I was proud of Liam. He's one of a few third graders on his team and he was a good sport, well behaved, and he played well.
It's good to hear that your son was a good sport. That's one thing I dislike about kids today...they are HORRIBLY mean to one another. I don't remember it being like this when I was in school either. I haven't met your boys yet and would love to meet them sometime!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Had a full physical yesterday, first one since 1989. Had EKG done, bloodwork today and an Echo Cardiogram tomorrow. Since my (and Treesaw's) friend Murph dropped dead on the trail of a heartattack a few weeks back, it's been in the back of my mind. :( Hopefully results will be good and I can let it go. After the appt. I went for a group ride with the SMBA gang last night. 2 hours in the woods felt good!! I have my weekly training ride with the DH Team tonight. That means 2 hours of 30 sec. sprints on the 42 lb. bike between bombing rockgardens. Fun, fun, fun... :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning all! Had a full physical yesterday, first one since 1989. Had EKG done, bloodwork today and an Echo Cardiogram tomorrow. Since my (and Treesaw's) friend Murph dropped dead on the trail of a heartattack a few weeks back, it's been in the back of my mind. :( Hopefully results will be good and I can let it go. After the appt. I went for a group ride with the SMBA gang last night. 2 hours in the woods felt good!! I have my weekly training ride with the DH Team tonight. That means 2 hours of 30 sec. sprints on the 42 lb. bike between bombing rockgardens. Fun, fun, fun... :dead:
I know what you mean with Murph! Sq-Earl had his physical, bloodwork and heart/stress test done a week or 2 ago and I have my physical tomorrow. Dr. says he isn't planning on doing any bloodwork because I am not over 30 :mumble:

J

JRB

Good morning. My 105 shifters came in last night. Got in late from Chicago, and have a ton to do.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. My 105 shifters came in last night. Got in late from Chicago, and have a ton to do.
You were gone???????

J/K I have a package that has been sitting at my apt door for weeks now with your address on it... I'm lazy, don't hate me.....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
binary visions said:
Good morning monkeys!

Tonight, I begin an exercise routine. I've been inexcusably lazy lately, and over the course of this winter I've gotten more out of shape than I've ever been in my life.

It'll come back quick, I'm sure, but it makes me uncomfortable to have gotten so out of shape so quickly. Wish me luck!

Anyone doing anything special for Mother's Day? I'm driving 6 hours north to see my mom this weekend.
Speaking of getting back into shape, late 04 I decided to sign up for a sprint triathlon with some friends with the idea that I'd be able to squeeze in some time re-learn how to freestyle, start jogging, and tool around on a bike. Not to my surprise, life got in the way and I wasn't able to prepare nearly as much I should've. Anyway, I really wish I had gotten back into shape, because my @ss was royally handed to me this past weekend. The swim nearly killed me......... I'm totally hooked and can't wait to do this again next year... Have fun with your regimine.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
SkaredShtles said:
What's the plan? Are you going to hit Fruita since you're only 1-1/2 hours away?

-S.S.-
:confused: I live in The OC.

**maybe I should consider reading an entire post before I reply**
Unfortunately, probably no on Fruita. With only 5 or so solid days of riding, we're going to stay close to our campsite. After all, the less time in the car and the more time on the bike, the better. :thumb: