Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:stosh:

Worst start to a GMT ever.

MBC and I blew off our ride last night in lieu of the gym and chores. We've got rides planned for the next five days, so we had to get some laundry and grocery shopping done. Tonight is a road ride with MMcG and his woman.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo stosh -

not much happened last night. went to the doctor, got home, ate dinner, tooled around on the bike w/ Miles. put some evil bikes and Go-Ride stickers on his bike. packed for my next trip. kinda pissed i'm gonna miss the nice weather and won't be able to ride.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I move to delete this GMT thread and start a new one... one where the thread starter will acutally participate in the thread.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
:stosh:

Worst start to a GMT ever.

MBC and I blew off our ride last night in lieu of the gym and chores. We've got rides planned for the next five days, so we had to get some laundry and grocery shopping done. Tonight is a road ride with MMcG and his woman.
How could anybody ever really knowif it's the worst start to a GMT ever?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
outdoor volleyball last night, it was super nice except the sand courts were so freaking dusty, we went 4-1 which is cool but we should have been 5-0; beers, pizza & wings after :D

Dalton wednesday race cancelled due to lack of trail maint help so far, so I'll be riding xc somewhere as soon as I get out of this hellhole called work.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
outdoor volleyball last night, it was super nice except the sand courts were so freaking dusty, we went 4-1 which is cool but we should have been 5-0; beers, pizza & wings after :D

Dalton wednesday race cancelled due to lack of trail maint help so far, so I'll be riding xc somewhere as soon as I get out of this hellhole called work.
Lack of trail maint? That's not good :( Sq-Earl & I are hoping to get out and ride tonight as well! I have had a busy week and tonight and Friday are my only remaining chances to ride :mumble:

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Last night, got a Set of Brush Cutting blades for my Ryobi GAs Weed Wacker , and then We did a little bit of trail maintance ( Creation ) last night , those thing Kick Ass! :thumb: But my Shoulders are sore from using it for alnmost 2 hours striaght.

This morning rode the bike in , took it easy did it in 55 Minutes ( 16 Miles ) and it is such a nice day today , it was very hard to make that final turn into the parking lot. And My top speed was 44.7 MPH and I did that with out even trying , if I was trying I would have gotten over 50 on that hill.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Busy week for me so that means little riding :( Taught late last night and then off to a meeting. Had a good turnout at our local club (SMBA) meeting last night. :thumb: Tonight I am hoping to get in a much needed ride and then tomorrow I have a meeting afterschool and the first of my concerts. Boy will I be glad when the next 2 weeks are done!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Lack of trail maint? That's not good :( Sq-Earl & I are hoping to get out and ride tonight as well! I have had a busy week and tonight and Friday are my only remaining chances to ride :mumble:

yup - it really sucks theres no race and I feel bad I didnt do any trail maint....I do have some excuses, its an hour drive, the 1st trail maint. day I was in Boston & the 2nd I was recovering from going out for my Bday, if they do one this w/e I will be there

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Mornin. Rode last night and it was frickin awesome. My xc ride is still beat down from Moab, but my dh bike is back together so I headed out with that. Hiked it up Pleasant Mtn with the plan to ride some sections multiple times to get some tuning done. It was a blast actualy. There is one trail we never ride on when xc'ing up there, it's fairly steep, but very rocky. Fun, Fun. The run off has made several of the ledges into little water falls. Can't wait for Attitash to open up for the season. Bromont and West are too far a drive this early in the season for me.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Went for my usual ride down the Westside Hwy yesterday... sun was out, so were all the beautiful women.. singletrack is always so much nicer when you have plenty to look at :thumb: . anyways.. was feeling really good so i decide to extend my trip and go around manhattan..and come up the east side back to brooklyn. I wasnt really prepared for it though. I didnt eat enough all day and I became very weak along the last 5 miles... a quick pretzel and yodels helped me out to get home.
Oh well, 46 miles in the wonderful 70 degrees is fun no matter what happens. enjoy the day!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - worked a little later than planned last night, got home, walked the dog, and then went out for a 15 mile road ride on the Jamis. Pretty fun, but I prefer to road ride with friends vs. riding solo. Looks to be shaping up pretty nice out there today so it should be a good night for a Wednesday evening ride. :thumb:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning all! Got out for a couple of hours on the singlespeed last evening. I have a click. I can't figure out what the hell it is and it's driving me insane. On a good note, I LOVE the fact that our new house allows me to be on the trails in under 5 minutes. I'm paying for it with the longer commute though. Fair trade in my book. :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Not a whole lot to report here........did some work yesterday evening extending a lander for a double out here at my local whip. Got home and decided to do a "State Fair" dinner---Italian sausages with green peppers and onions and some corn on the cob. Good stuff.....only thing missing was the ring toss!

Well.....looks like I gotta run early. I think I typed the wrong lot number on a job cause the assembly guys are walking around confused and can't find what was typed. Meh......Humpday AutoPilot misfire. ;)

BTW Stosh.......did you catch Keyone Young(Deadwood's Mr. Wu) on "House" last night? Hardly recognizable without the goatee and long hair....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BikeGeek said:
'Morning all! Got out for a couple of hours on the singlespeed last evening. I have a click. I can't figure out what the hell it is and it's driving me insane.
At least on a singlespeed the list of parts that could be making the click is much smaller!

I had a great ride last night on the SS with Tweek, kettenring, and another local ripper. After a long road ride Sunday, hard SS ride Monday, commuting on the bike Tuesday, another hard SS ride after work Tuesday, and commuting on the bike today, my legs are COOKED. Life is good :cool:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Echo said:
At least on a singlespeed the list of parts that could be making the click is much smaller!
Right, but it only makes the noise when I'm scrambling up a hill with sweat in my eyes and my heart pounding in my ears. I can hear the click, but I can't tell where it's coming from. Of course it won't do it on the stand.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! I'm home today with my daughter. Plan on getting out for a ride with her in the trailer at some point before it starts to rain. Had a good ride last night....I guess. I rode like sh*t, but a bad day on the trails is better than, yadda, yadda, yadda....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning! I'm home today with my daughter. Plan on getting out for a ride with her in the trailer at some point before it starts to rain. Had a good ride last night....I guess. I rode like sh*t, but a bad day on the trails is better than, yadda, yadda, yadda....

How was the fork???

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
How was the fork???
Fork was great. The extra height makes the geometry of the bike feel much better to me. Funny since the stock fork it came with only had 105mm. It will take some getting used to though as it is not as plush as my 'zocchi was.

Thanks again Mark!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Fork was great. The extra height makes the geometry of the bike feel much better to me. Funny since the stock fork it came with only had 105mm. It will take some getting used to though as it is not as plush as my 'zocchi was.

Thanks again Mark!!

Awesome - so you ran it at 125 I presume right? It isn't a Zoke in terms of plushness, but it doesn't weigh 7 pounds at least. Did the front end seem more maneuverable to you with the lighter fork up front? And where are the pics? ;) :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Awesome - so you ran it at 125 I presume right? It isn't a Zoke in terms of plushness, but it doesn't weigh 7 pounds at least. Did the front end seem more maneuverable to you with the lighter fork up front? And where are the pics? ;) :)
Yeah, the front end was balanced real good with the lighter fork and the slightly longer stem. I did run it at 125, doubt I'd ever run it at less. Those changes plus the new tires (Kenda BG/Nevegal) made the 'ol Dawg climb like a goat.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BikeGeek said:
'Morning all! Got out for a couple of hours on the singlespeed last evening. I have a click. I can't figure out what the hell it is and it's driving me insane. On a good note, I LOVE the fact that our new house allows me to be on the trails in under 5 minutes. I'm paying for it with the longer commute though. Fair trade in my book. :thumb:
Every pedal stoke, or intermittent?

Every stroke = cleat/shoe interface, pedal problem, or BB problem.
Intermittent = chain, cog problem, etc.
When standing and rocking the bike side to side = bottom headset or BB cup is loose/ill fitting.

Good luck.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
H8R said:
Every pedal stoke, or intermittent?

Every stroke = cleat/shoe interface, pedal problem, or BB problem.
Intermittent = chain, cog problem, etc.
When standing and rocking the bike side to side = bottom headset or BB cup is loose/ill fitting.

Good luck.
Thanks. I'm not sure what it is, the problem didn't start until I switched the bike over to SS. While pedaling, it's every push on the right side, only when out of the saddle and climbing. I checked the BB yesterday and it's properly torqued. It's supposed to rain this weekend. I may break it all down, clean and reassemble. :dead: