Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?
I was supposed to go for a ride last night however I need to have a spoke replaced and the shop wasn't done in time so I'm going for a ride today. :)

I gotta get some work done so I'll catch up with ya all later! Hope ya have a great day!

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
responded to a bad fire last night (apartment complex) I was there for 8 freakin hours
oh well pays the bills, pluss I am going riding today so I am in a good mood

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
firetoole said:
responded to a bad fire last night (apartment complex) I was there for 8 freakin hours
oh well pays the bills, pluss I am going riding today so I am in a good mood
Is being a fireman you only job?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning :monkey:s.

Didn't get to ride or work out last night :angry:. It's my own fault, though, I got wrapped up in setting up my girlfriend's brother's laptop that his parents are giving him for graduation. Dell Inspiron 6000, it's a pretty nice little machine and I snagged a $750 off cupon for it :D - free printer, too.

I hate, hate, HATE all the OEM crap that comes installed on the computers, though. Took me an hour and a half to clean all that s**t off.

Other than that, not much going on...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good morning :monkey:s.

Didn't get to ride or work out last night :angry:. It's my own fault, though, I got wrapped up in setting up my girlfriend's brother's laptop that his parents are giving him for graduation. Dell Inspiron 6000, it's a pretty nice little machine and I snagged a $750 off cupon for it :D - free printer, too.

I hate, hate, HATE all the OEM crap that comes installed on the computers, though. Took me an hour and a half to clean all that s**t off.

Other than that, not much going on...
yeah I hear ya about all that OEM stuff. F'ing AOL.....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Last night was uneventful. Watch yet another kick-arse episode of House and, I have to admit, American Idol. That Bo Bice kid can really sing though...hope he wins. Today I'm working until 4 and then taking off early. Gotta hit the LBS and swap out a 40t for a 38t on my DH bike and install a wider handlebar and then it's off to "practice" tonight with the team. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
yeah I hear ya about all that OEM stuff. F'ing AOL.....
That had, get this, three different DVD playing programs. So, when you inserted a DVD, three windows popped up all fighting to play it. :rolleyes:

Oh well. It was a $1850 laptop for $1100 and it came with a free printer and free shipping, so it was a pretty good deal :D

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Work all day today...

Any of you tech monkies have any experience with a Dell Powervault 120T autoloader? It's making my life a living hell...

-Adam

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! I have 2 concerts today and am finishing up all of my paperwork for Friday's fieldtrip. I could've slept in and came in later, but I knew thatI would be much more motivated to work if I was here. Other than that, not much else to report.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
That had, get this, three different DVD playing programs. So, when you inserted a DVD, three windows popped up all fighting to play it. :rolleyes:

Oh well. It was a $1850 laptop for $1100 and it came with a free printer and free shipping, so it was a pretty good deal :D
yeah we got a 1000 laptop for 800 plus a free printer and carrying bag.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! I have 2 concerts today and am finishing up all of my paperwork for Friday's fieldtrip. I could've slept in and came in later, but I knew thatI would be much more motivated to work if I was here. Other than that, not much else to report.
I say it to you twice a year but I don't know how you put thoes concerts on......

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - took a short ride on the HOllowpoint last night to test out the Cane Creek AD12 in 3.75" mode and it felt pretty damned good.

I had physical therapy for my knee first thing this morning andI'm making progress!

Tonight should = ride at the W. Hartford Reservoir with IAB weather permitting - c'mon sunshine!!!

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
good morning riders.
well i had to talk about TW's bosses last night so today i am tired. Wed. hump indeed.
maybe i should book off this aft and do a loop.
Man...i love my bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - took a short ride on the HOllowpoint last night to test out the Cane Creek AD12 in 3.75" mode and it felt pretty damned good.

I had physical therapy for my knee first thing this morning andI'm making progress!

Tonight should = ride at the W. Hartford Reservoir with IAB weather permitting - c'mon sunshine!!!
It's supposed to be nice today, friday, saturday, and sunday, I can't wait to ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
I say it to you twice a year but I don't know how you put thoes concerts on......
It's a little crazy. My 2 of my 5 middle school concerts were last week. I had 1 Elementary yesterday and 2 more today. Friday I have my final 3 middle school concerts and next week I have my final 2 Elementary concerts. Then it's just solo competition for a few of my more advanced students, graduation performances, a few students are doing an elementary talent show and end of the year cleaning & paperwork. Being a band teacher certainly does suck sometimes ;) It's a good thing I have riding in between so I can blow off some steam.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:

Nice avatar :thumb: (although I will miss the little green guy)

Glad to hear your PT is coming along well!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
It's a little crazy. My 2 of my 5 middle school concerts were last week. I had 1 Elementary yesterday and 2 more today. Friday I have my final 3 middle school concerts and next week I have my final 2 Elementary concerts. Then it's just solo competition for a few of my more advanced students, graduation performances, a few students are doing an elementary talent show and end of the year cleaning & paperwork. Being a band teacher certainly does suck sometimes ;) It's a good thing I have riding in between so I can blow off some steam.
um yikes.......

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I had intended to ride yesterday too, but I started to feel guilty about leaving the dogs for 9 days. So, my wife and I took the dogs to the park for a trail run.

A little background info on the girls is in order ... Clio is a long-legged pointer mix that can run all day. Not only does she have endurance, she is wicked fast. Polly, the other dog, is a lab/cocker mix. She likes to run too, but she doesn't have the legs or endurance of the other dog. To make matters worse, she can't just run along with Clio. No, she has to be in front.

Anyway, we go to the park, let the dogs off leash and start running. The dogs take off through the brush like usual, but come back to check in with us every few minutes. We took a different trail than the usual route and Polly goes her own way. By the time she catches back up, she is panting pretty hard. Then, Clio takes off after a squirrel and Polly had to follow. This time when they catch back up, Polly is totally exhausted. She has absolutely no ability to control herself. She runs full out all the time. We had been at the park for 15 freakin' minutes.

We let her rest for a bit but she still wouldn't get back up and walk. So, I carried her for a half mile to the creek (Clio was totally disgusted at this point). The dogs proceded to get totally wet and muddy in the creek. Poor Polly then threw up a couple of times before we got back to the car.

My nice spring ride turned into a short run; carrying a drooling, panting dog; and then baths for both the dogs. Whee!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
um yikes.......
Yeah, it gets a little crazy. The worst part for me is having to dress up so much ;) Other than that, I believe my kids are ready...we work hard and thye do a nice job for me. Luckily, I don't really stress over these things...otherwise, I might go insane.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, it gets a little crazy. The worst part for me is having to dress up so much ;) Other than that, I believe my kids are ready...we work hard and thye do a nice job for me. Luckily, I don't really stress over these things...otherwise, I might go insane.
what kinds of songs are you doing?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:

What time are you guys going?

Morning everyone!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
what kinds of songs are you doing?
At the middle school, we do jazz band (In the Mood, The Theme from Spider-man..the cartoon...and a couple of others) and for concert band, we do a few "normal" pieces and then we're playing "Gollum's Song" from LOTR TTT and Highlights from Harry Potter. At my Elementary school, we're playing 3 songs at each and my more advanced Elementary school is playing the Main Theme from Star Wars.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
At the middle school, we do jazz band (In the Mood, The Theme from Spider-man..the cartoon...and a couple of others) and for concert band, we do a few "normal" pieces and then we're playing "Gollum's Song" from LOTR TTT and Highlights from Harry Potter. At my Elementary school, we're playing 3 songs at each and my more advanced Elementary school is playing the Main Theme from Star Wars.
The SNL skit when Bill Murray sings the theme from Star Wars like a loung singer just popped into my head. Damn TV.