Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I switched over the tires on my Xterra last night to my summer tires. I need to do a brake job on it this weekend.
The weather in the North East is f'ing horrible, it's supposed to continue thru the weekend so it will be a good day for indoor work.

Hope ya all have a great day!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - it is f'in cold and dreary and windy out! WTF is going on with Mother Nature?

Bought a helmet last night - New old stock Specialized M1 - 50% off - seems to be super well ventilated. Hopefully things will actually warm up here in New England so that I can see just how well ventilated it really is. :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning, stosh.

The weather blows. It makes me tired and cranky.

Didn't do much last night besides slack off on my workout.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Did a road ride last night... got my butt kicked. I'm sooooo not used to road gearing :dead:

Not much on tap for today, or the rest of the week for that matter. I hate to say it, but I need to spend some time vegging out on the couch this weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Yep....frickin' rain! :angry: Anyway...nothing goin' on here. Couple rides (early morning & mid-afternoon) scheduled for Friday is the weather allows.

Stosh....did you see House last night!?!?!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good morning, stosh.

The weather blows. It makes me tired and cranky.

Didn't do much last night besides slack off on my workout.
yeah it makes me cranky too!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - it is f'in cold and dreary and windy out! WTF is going on with Mother Nature?

Bought a helmet last night - New old stock Specialized M1 - 50% off - seems to be super well ventilated. Hopefully things will actually warm up here in New England so that I can see just how well ventilated it really is. :rolleyes:
congrats on the new helmet purchase!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did a nice easy 25 mile road ride last night - I couldn't believe the weather actually cooperated! Last night was the shop "fun ride" which has a really easy pace to accomodate all riders. Tonight on the other hand is the "fast roadies from work" ride, and I'm gonna get owned bad.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Yep. Rain sux... this has been one screwy Spring... :mumble:

I called out sick yesterday and did work around the house and got my car inspected. On a positive note, I discovered my Chameleon will fit into the back of my Jetta wagon without taking off the front wheel (which is a pita with the non-QR t/a). :thumb: And I did manage to dodge the rain and get a bit of riding in... the 6 mile round trip to drop off and later pick up the car from the shop. :D

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good mornin...

For some reason I am at least one full inch taller today than I was two years ago when I was last measured (wtf :confused: )...I guess I'm growing again....I wonder how tall I'll end up? :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wassup dawgs

well i was off yesterday and decided to go out on my first whitewater kayaking adventure. it was a lot of fun.

i will probably go again tomorrow or i might go fishing or maybe riding......i love life.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Good mornin...

For some reason I am at least one full inch taller today than I was two years ago when I was last measured (wtf :confused: )...I guess I'm growing again....I wonder how tall I'll end up? :p
That is strange!
You're a freak of nature.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
biggins said:
wassup dawgs

well i was off yesterday and decided to go out on my first whitewater kayaking adventure. it was a lot of fun.

i will probably go again tomorrow or i might go fishing or maybe riding......i love life.
man... sounds like you're living the good life. I've jealous - I hope you're enjoying it enough for those of use stuck in cubes all day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
wassup dawgs

While trapped in an office your joy for life pisses me off.

Just keep spending my evenings getting ready for the Burn 24 this weekend. I am normally not this meticulous about things but doing so helps me prepare mentally for the suffering. I am going to jinx myself for saying it but the weather forcast looks good.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all - another beautiful day here. The sun and clear skies are taunting me.

Biggins - I soooo want to take up river kayaking. Hell, there are a billion rivers here for it too!

J

JRB

stosh said:
I was about to cringe till I realised you drive a 2wd. You doing it yourself?
Why are brakes on a 4wd harder to change? I am just doing the front, but yes, I will perform the repairs.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
Why are brakes on a 4wd harder to change? I am just doing the front, but yes, I will perform the repairs.
yea, changing pads (as opposed to shoes) are easy regardless. I don't see what 4x4 vs 4x2 has to do with anything. I do the front brakes on my truck - Piece of cake... takes me about an hour.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
yea, changing pads (as opposed to shoes) are easy regardless. I don't see what 4x4 vs 4x2 has to do with anything. I do the front brakes on my truck - Piece of cake... takes me about an hour.
Yeah - and shoes last forever most times. I have only changed them once on a truck, and it was a 3/4 Ford diesel with 210,000 miles on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
yeah just changing the pads is easier but changing the rotors is an f'ing pain on the 4WD Xterra's because you have to take the locking hub cover off and maker sure it's kept clean and then re-lube it when you put it back together.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jacksonpt said:
man... sounds like you're living the good life. I've jealous - I hope you're enjoying it enough for those of use stuck in cubes all day.

yeah i have a new outlook on life and it is working well for me.

i am doing my best to let you guys live vicariously through me, i hope it is working.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yeah to change the front pads and rotors on my Solara only took me 1hr. thats f'ing rocks! Toyota makes it so easy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
yeah i have a new outlook on life and it is working well for me.

i am doing my best to let you guys live vicariously through me, i hope it is working.
I've actually stopped reading your posts.

J

JRB

stosh said:
yeah just changing the pads is easier but changing the rotors is an f'ing pain on the 4WD Xterra's because you have to take the locking hub cover off and maker sure it's kept clean and then re-lube it when you put it back together.
Doesn't sound so hard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Doesn't sound so hard.
Oh part of the reason I'm doing the brakes is because I have 4 broken lug bolts on various wheels on my Xterra.

DON'T ASK!!!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
Oh part of the reason I'm doing the brakes is because I have 4 broken lug bolts on various wheels on my Xterra.

DON'T ASK!!!!
OK - how about I mandate you tell me???