Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
OK - how about I mandate you tell me???
I'm not sure when it happend but somewhere a long the lines the lug bolts got screwed up. I'm not sure if they are just crappy Nissan parts or if it was one of the times I had the tires rotated that they got over tightened or something. Either way I'm missing 4 lug bolts and I need to fix it this weekend.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I'm not sure when it happend but somewhere a long the lines the lug bolts got screwed up. I'm not sure if they are just crappy Nissan parts or if it was one of the times I had the tires rotated that they got over tightened or something. Either way I'm missing 4 lug bolts and I need to fix it this weekend.
The tire place broke some studs for me one time.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
loco said:
Doesn't sound so hard.
I've never looked at an Xterra, but on past 4x4's you mainly have to make sure you put the hub locking mechanism back together right. And clean and grease everything. Not difficult, but more involved than the 2WD version and much more so than the bolt-on discs common to most FWD cars (which is about the same as disc brakes on a bike). Personally, when changing pads I would at least surface the rotors if you're not replacing them as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Yep....frickin' rain! :angry: Anyway...nothing goin' on here. Couple rides (early morning & mid-afternoon) scheduled for Friday is the weather allows.

Stosh....did you see House last night!?!?!
Couples huh? Well, my not-so-better half has work, but I plan on riding anyway :sneaky: I'm going for atleast a double-header on Friday regardless of the weather!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning! Last 2 concerts of teh Spring are today...one happened this morning (it was ok) and another this afternoon. I can't wait to be finished with this performing crap and get back to teaching again! Anyway, hoping to ride tonight. Our club is doing a "race" at 6pm (weather permitting I believe) so I might check that out. Either that or perhaps some sprints at Spier Falls are in my future. tomorrow I plan on riding afterwork and then pulling some long rides this weekend!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Yep... pretty much the same as any other 4x4 truck. When the bearings don't have grease, they make horrible sounds and turn purple... ask me how I know... :o:
I need a special tool too... one more thing I need to buy.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Couples huh? Well, my not-so-better half has work, but I plan on riding anyway :sneaky: I'm going for atleast a double-header on Friday regardless of the weather!
Ooops! No, not couples....A couple rides on Friday.... One in the morning w/ my neighbor and another one mid-afternoon with you and whoever else hopefully.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Ooops! No, not couples....A couple rides on Friday.... One in the morning w/ my neighbor and another one mid-afternoon with you and whoever else hopefully.
OIC...I thought I missed something ;) I am going to be pulling a double-header as well. I was hoping to ride late morning/early afternoon with you and whomever else and then I'll be riding again at the normal time with the KAPL crew :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
OIC...I thought I missed something ;) I am going to be pulling a double-header as well. I was hoping to ride late morning/early afternoon with you and whomever else and then I'll be riding again at the normal time with the KAPL crew :thumb:
Late morning/early afternoon sounds good. My morning ride is from 7:30am - 9:30am ish, so anytime after that is good. Keep me posted! :thumb:

KAPL? :confused:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin all, Im tired and cranky today.. this rain stinks.. I have been going out for breif moments with my bike to squeeze in a few rides.... but I am not getting my satisfaction. today i plan on doing absolutley nothing... this way i wont be disappointed anymore.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
details?

do you have to be a club member?
Nope, don't have to be a member Doug...just have to have $3-$5. :D

"Meet at the trailhead at 6pm or a little before.

Mass Le Mans Style Start (run a hundred feet to you bike). Two Classes - Beginner and Advanced. Entry Fee is $3 for Beginner and $5 for Advanced. Winner takes half and SMBA gets other half.

Tommorrows Loop will start at the four corners and go out bee counter clockwise and come back on the carriage trail. It's all on your honor and the whole race is going to be very informal.

If it's raining hard I am going to postpone it to next weds. If it's raining lightly it's still on. I will post here by tommorrow afternoon and let everyone know.

Should be a good time. I am working on getting a prize for each overall catagory winner at the end of the series.

This race is the first of a four "race" series: May 25th, June 22nd, July 20th, Series Final August 24th"

http://elevatecycles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1482

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
biggins said:
wassup dawgs

well i was off yesterday and decided to go out on my first whitewater kayaking adventure. it was a lot of fun.

i will probably go again tomorrow or i might go fishing or maybe riding......i love life.

Biggin's where did you go? I'm vicariously living in Asheville through your posts so I need to know...

<- this guy's a freak.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
I only need half an excuse to buy a tool. Especially an automotive one. I still have tools for my g/f's M3 that's long gone... :p
thats the thing though, i'll probably never use it again.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
True ;) They're a good group of guys...used to put up with my slow-arse self and last week, they didn't mind me pickin' on them as I passed a few of them going too slow for me on the trail :devil:
I have an idea for the cake you're going to bring to MBW.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:
For some reason I am at least one full inch taller today than I was two years ago when I was last measured (wtf :confused: )...I guess I'm growing again....I wonder how tall I'll end up? :p
heh. if only that could happen with me, too :D . several times over...

anyway i "played doctor" last night, as my physical exam final is in two hours. i'm on the right for the record :nuts:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jdschall said:
Biggin's where did you go? I'm vicariously living in Asheville through your posts so I need to know...

<- this guy's a freak.

well, the lizard and the newt were on North Mills river and the snake was out on the biltmore property.