Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Got my haircut last night... finally... :D

Also did a little fishing in the stream behind my house, didn't catch anything. The water temp is still pretty cool.

Also the date for my annual BBQ and Party is set for July 2nd, all are invited to camp out and drink.

Going riding today after work, I'm pretty psyched!

Hope ya all have a great day!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
after a 3 week delay I think I will get to race at Dalton tonight! I cant wait to get my ass kicked!

volleyball yeesterday - it was suppose to rain/storm but it stayed damn nice out

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
after a 3 week delay I think I will get to race at Dalton tonight! I cant wait to get my ass kicked!

volleyball yeesterday - it was suppose to rain/storm but it stayed damn nice out
Good luck at the race. Tell them some random dude from Virginia wants them to reroute the trail through the hub deep mud for the 24 hour race.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo.

Back to work after five days off. Five days off with beautiful weather and all we could muster was a single 20 mile road ride. We spent most of it getting ready for my mom's 60th birthday party, having the party, and attending a wedding. The party was great and the wedding was just another wedding. Then yesterday I spent all effing day trying to track down two decent tires for my car (damn flats). Five hours and $408 later, I'm good to go.

Next weekend will be better as far as riding goes. Douglas is coming down Saturday for some MTB, then we have the 50 mile MS Bike Tour Sunday.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Did nothing last night, which was actually nice. Riding the big bike tonight with the DH team. Gotta drop my Kona off at the shop as well. Need both wheels trued, and getting a new crankset/BB installed. Been having some issues with my DRS as well so hopefully they can address that issue as well while it's there. Also decided to enter my first DH race at Platty this weekend....:eek: Wish me luck!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Did nothing last night, which was actually nice. Riding the big bike tonight with the DH team. Gotta drop my Kona off at the shop as well. Need both wheels trued, and getting a new crankset/BB installed. Been having some issues with my DRS as well so hopefully they can address that issue as well while it's there. Also decided to enter my first DH race at Platty this weekend....:eek: Wish me luck!
you racing Sunday?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning everyone.

Spent all last night moving my girlfriend out of her apartment and into mine, so we're officially living together now :D. Only two months until the big move!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good morning everyone.

Spent all last night moving my girlfriend out of her apartment and into mine, so we're officially living together now :D. Only two months until the big move!
Wow, cool man! You getting married anytime soon?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Yo.

Next weekend will be better as far as riding goes. Douglas is coming down Saturday for some MTB, then we have the 50 mile MS Bike Tour Sunday.

so is there a plan set for Saturday??

Westy said:
Good luck at the race. Tell them some random dude from Virginia wants them to reroute the trail through the hub deep mud for the 24 hour race.

How about I just make/build a shortcut or go around just for us :monkey: 's !?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Today is pretty cool, I am going to be moving to a new building today!

Also going on a big XC ride tonight with a bunch of people, which will be followed by beers and borritos at the local mexican joint.

For some reason i just got really excited about the monster park challenge at snowshoe...Anyone going?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
so is there a plan set for Saturday??
It all depends on when you can get to our house, holmes. I'm thinking a West Hartford Reservoir MTB ride followed by PHOOD. I'd like to ride somewhere else but I don't know if we'll have enough time to travel much further.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin.....

Damn....you get stosh on a bike he likes, and look what happens. Presto!! Instant bikeaholic. :p

Not much to report on........came home after a long, hot day at work and just chilled. Got my lazy arse up and went to the grocery store. I kind of like the grocery store. It's really relaxing to just push the buggy around and gaze at all the stuff. The cereal isle is my favorite......and probably the toughest decision I have to make all week. One false move, and you're stuch with a sh*tty cereal until the next time you go. I'll never forget the Grape Nuts debacle of '98......still having night terrors over that one. I don't care how many strawberries, or blueberries or banana's you put in there, it still sucks. But on the up and up...I cooked a teriffic pork tenderloin last night that I had marinated in dijion mustard,teryaki sauce, Guinness, and peppercorns all day. It was teriffic. Hopefully today will be more eventful. I have to design our wedding invitations and get them to the printer this week. So things should get pretty busy after work. Later, taters!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Today is pretty cool, I am going to be moving to a new building today!

Also going on a big XC ride tonight with a bunch of people, which will be followed by beers and borritos at the local mexican joint.

For some reason i just got really excited about the monster park challenge at snowshoe...Anyone going?
Just checked out your webpage. Looks good man! You got some nice biking pictures there.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
Just checked out your webpage. Looks good man! You got some nice biking pictures there.
:thumb:

Thanks stosh, I actually have a ton more that are alot better than what is on there...I recently became a photographer (sort of) with the purchase of my digi slr. The site is a work in progress, and an entry into the web design world.

keep checking it out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin.....

Damn....you get stosh on a bike he likes, and look what happens. Presto!! Instant bikeaholic. :p

Not much to report on........came home after a long, hot day at work and just chilled. Got my lazy arse up and went to the grocery store. I kind of like the grocery store. It's really relaxing to just push the buggy around and gaze at all the stuff. The cereal isle is my favorite......and probably the toughest decision I have to make all week. One false move, and you're stuch with a sh*tty cereal until the next time you go. I'll never forget the Grape Nuts debacle of '98......still having night terrors over that one. I don't care how many strawberries, or blueberries or banana's you put in there, it still sucks. But on the up and up...I cooked a teriffic pork tenderloin last night that I had marinated in dijion mustard,teryaki sauce, Guinness, and peppercorns all day. It was teriffic. Hopefully today will be more eventful. I have to design our wedding invitations and get them to the printer this week. So things should get pretty busy after work. Later, taters!
Well it's a combination of things but yes it's partly the bike. I'm going to have to take her in for a tune up this weekend. I beat the crap out of her this past weekend at MTN creek.
The new bike combined with the quality weather and my drive to get in better shape have all worked together to get me on my bike more often.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
:thumb:

Thanks stosh, I actually have a ton more that are alot better than what is on there...I recently became a photographer (sort of) with the purchase of my digi slr. The site is a work in progress, and an entry into the web design world.

keep checking it out.
what kind of Digi SLR did you get?
I want one so bad but can't justify the cost right now.

I need to brush up on my photography skills as well. I used to know all the in's and out's of an SLR but I've forgotten a lot of it.

Got any pics of people riding in the woods I can use as a desktop?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Not any time in the near future - neither of us are ready for that, yet.

You? :D
Yeah actually I have my jewler talking to her diamond supplier to get me the stone I want.

I found out one of my good friend's mom is a jewler so I'm having it all made up custom at a great price.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
what kind of Digi SLR did you get?
I want one so bad but can't justify the cost right now.

I need to brush up on my photography skills as well. I used to know all the in's and out's of an SLR but I've forgotten a lot of it.

Got any pics of people riding in the woods I can use as a desktop?
I got a rebel, i know its not the uber primo camera, but i couldnt afford anything more, i have been taking some crazy shots, but it is a hard thing to lug around in the woods on a group ride...I will look around for a pic stosh...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I got a rebel, i know its not the uber primo camera, but i couldnt afford anything more, i have been taking some crazy shots, but it is a hard thing to lug around in the woods on a group ride...I will look around for a pic stosh...
Yeah I would like to get a rebel as well but again I can't see spending the money. Thats the other thing is if I'm going out for a bike ride, I want to ride and not sit around taking pics.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Yeah actually I have my jewler talking to her diamond supplier to get me the stone I want.

I found out one of my good friend's mom is a jewler so I'm having it all made up custom at a great price.
Congrats :thumb: - I've been absent a bit lately, did I miss the announcement or is this the first time you've mentioned it?

stosh said:
Yeah I would like to get a rebel as well but again I can't see spending the money. Thats the other thing is if I'm going out for a bike ride, I want to ride and not sit around taking pics.
...then you don't want a Rebel :D

Seriously, if you don't feel like turning a bike ride into a photography event, then you want a pocket point-and-shoot, not an SLR. Me, I can't wait to get my hands on a dSLR - will probably go the Nikon D70 route, myself.

Am thinking of getting the body-only D70, along with the new Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 - the kit lens for the D70 is nice, but the price is right on that Sigma!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Sweet! Good luck! :thumb: You missed a fun club ride last night. There were 12 of us....lots of BRAP! :D I'll try to post up some pics tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! Had a fun group ride last night....12 people turned out and there was one good crash. Today is state testing so my building is quiet which is nice for a change. Other than that, heading to the Dr. today to see if I have a tick bite or what. Should be fun!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Congrats :thumb: - I've been absent a bit lately, did I miss the announcement or is this the first time you've mentioned it?

...then you don't want a Rebel :D

Seriously, if you don't feel like turning a bike ride into a photography event, then you want a pocket point-and-shoot, not an SLR. Me, I can't wait to get my hands on a dSLR - will probably go the Nikon D70 route, myself.

Am thinking of getting the body-only D70, along with the new Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 - the kit lens for the D70 is nice, but the price is right on that Sigma!
Well I prefer to take pictures of things other than biking.

No you didn't miss anything by the way.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! Had a fun group ride last night....12 people turned out and there was one good crash. Today is state testing so my building is quiet which is nice for a change. Other than that, heading to the Dr. today to see if I have a tick bite or what. Should be fun!
See the MBW thread for our camp site assignment.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! Good luck! :thumb: You missed a fun club ride last night. There were 12 of us....lots of BRAP! :D I'll try to post up some pics tonight.
Yeah....wish I coulda been there. :( I'm riding tonight and Friday though. Who crashed and where!??!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Yeah....wish I coulda been there. :( I'm riding tonight and Friday though. Who crashed and where!??!
KW - he was flying across the stream crossing right before the inner loop/carriage trail (as you come out from dam & bee) and managed to bounce over a large rock, fly through the air and land against a rock & tree almost too the carriage loop. :thumb: Could be an award winning crash for sure. :p

Where are you riding Friday? I don't think I can do my normal ride....afterschool committments til almost 7pm :mumble:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - took a short ride on the HOllowpoint with the Swinger 4 Way installed last night - just up the road a bit and off a few curbs and through an closed gas station lot etc. etc. Shock feels pretty good in 4.5" mode - the Hollowpoint seems big and heavy now compared to the Ted Wojcik though.

I also picked up an old Peugeot Road bike that someone had left out next to the dumpster area of my apartment complex. From web investigation it looks to be a 1968 era bike. The tires inflated right up when I put air in them, but something is whacked out on on the non drive side crank arm (old cranks with this weird pin and bolt like set up). Needs work - not sure if it's worth it or not. It could be a good trainer/coffee getter bike though if the work needed isn't too much. We'll see. It does have a really comfortable leather saddle on it that I might salvage if the rest of the bike isn't worth saving.

Then I took the Ted out for a little spin - so much lighther than the Hollowpoint and more nimble if you will in terms of steering and flickability.

Connor's Mom and I will be taking him to CT Children's Medical Center this afternoon for a visit with a Pediatric Orthopedist to have a look at his possibly (probably) fractured elbow.

Hopefully I'll do some type of bike riding this evening as well - we'll see.

I could also use a quick tune up of my road bike before Sunday's 50 miler, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Maybe I can get to the site early and have a mechanic look at it there before heading out to punish my lungs and legs on Sunday. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - took a short ride on the HOllowpoint with the Swinger 4 Way installed last night - just up the road a bit and off a few curbs and through an closed gas station lot etc. etc. Shock feels pretty good in 4.5" mode - the Hollowpoint seems big and heavy now compared to the Ted Wojcik though.

I also picked up an old Peugeot Road bike that someone had left out next to the dumpster area of my apartment complex. From web investigation it looks to be a 1968 era bike. The tires inflated right up when I put air in them, but something is whacked out on on the non drive side crank arm (old cranks with this weird pin and bolt like set up). Needs work - not sure if it's worth it or not. It could be a good trainer/coffee getter bike though if the work needed isn't too much. We'll see. It does have a really comfy leather saddle on it that I might salvage if the rest of the bike isn't worth saving.

Then I took the Ted out for a little spin - so much lighther than the Hollowpoint and more nimble if you will in terms of steering and flickability.

Connor's Mom and I will be taking him to CT Children's Medical Center this afternoon for a visit with a Pediatric Orhopedist to have a look at his possibly (probably) fractured elbow.

Hopefully I'll do some type of bike riding this evening as well - we'll see.

I could also use a quick tune up of my road bike before Sunday's 50 miler, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Maybe I can get to the site early and have a mechanic look at it there before heading out to punish my lungs and legs on Sunday. :think:
How much does that shock weigh?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
KW - he was flying across the stream crossing right before the inner loop/carriage trail (as you come out from dam & bee) and managed to bounce over a large rock, fly through the air and land against a rock & tree almost too the carriage loop. :thumb: Could be an award winning crash for sure. :p
Why doesn't it surprise me it was Keith. That kid is a maniac!!!!

TreeSaw said:
Where are you riding Friday? I don't think I can do my normal ride....afterschool committments til almost 7pm :mumble:
Goddy43, my neighbor Jim, and I are going to do the Butler Pond Loop up by me. We're leaving from my house around 6:30 or so. It's aorund 15 miles roundtrip with some decent climbs.