Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Well I was having a great day today, got up early left the house early enough that I was able to stop and get some breakfast on the way in. There is this place in the next town over from where I work that is on my way in and I can eat breakfast for $4 which is eggs, bacon, potatos, bread, and a coffee which in this area is awesome. The woman who owns it cooks all the food and she knows everybody!! Well I stop there maybe once every 2 weeks or so and more so in the winter. I love it there, I don't talk to anybody but I just listen and chat with the waitresses who know my order. Well today for some reason I stopped and I as I was leaving I was told they were closing the place down at 11am because the woman who owns it is retiring..... I'm so sad... I love places like that and they have become so few and far between around here. Some contractor is buying and says "He wants to keep it the same way it was"....

On a brighter note, I had a great ride last nigh with Bluebug, Rob, Aubrey, and my friend Jeremy from work. We did almost 9miles at a medium speed. I think bluebug and rob really liked Stewart and I know Aubrey and I would be happy to show them around again!
PS. It is SO strange going from an MKIII to my old Hardtail with a 2" travel front fork. I'll tell you what the weight difference really helped me climb a lot better though.
Good morning, Stosh

Last night's ride was great and I don't even feel sore this morning :) We'll definitely have to do it again soon. And, of course, you guys are always welcome to come up to Vassar Farms. It's definitely more technical riding (more log jumps and such), but it's a great time. Let me know when you're planning your next adventure!

Beth

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning all. Nothing too exciting here. It's hot as hell and humid as all get out. (we live 200 yards from the Chesapeake bay) Moving about is miserable!!!

I tacoed my wheel last night. I got a little squirelly off a little side hop and landed sideways on my rear wheel and it bent. I had to go to the LBS to get a couple of new spokes. One popped and I got some extras just in case. Then I spent an hour or so truing it up. Its reasonably round again now so it should be alright for tonight's ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning, Stosh

Last night's ride was great and I don't even feel sore this morning :) We'll definitely have to do it again soon. And, of course, you guys are always welcome to come up to Vassar Farms. It's definitely more technical riding (more log jumps and such), but it's a great time. Let me know when you're planning your next adventure!

Beth
Glad you had such a good time and you and Rob are good sports!!

I dont' think I've ever seen so many turtles either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
LOL! Well, at least THAT won't be a problem for ya! :redX:
Doesn't mean I know how to spell it though. In fact it's not like anybody in Schuykill County pronounces anything correctly.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Found out yesterday that my dad has lung cancer. He's going today for a CAT scan to determine the extent of it, if it has spread, etc.. I'm going riding tonight. Gotta get out in the woods for a while.
Tigg - I'll keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Mark

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
LIttle late chiming in here.......work is busy today.

Got a message from the LBS that said my bike is ready to go---unfortunately the trails aren't. We're getting pounded with rain every afternoon this week, and it's leaving behind a big muddy mess. Avid sent me a whole new rear brake to replace the one that was acting a fool on me. Nice of them and the LBS to work that out since it was a problem nobody seemed to have a working solution to. May try to get out on an urban ride today, but we'll have to see what Mother Nature has in store.

Ona sidenote: Just realized that I'm getting a month and a day from now. Holy cripes!!! :eek:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
McGRP01: good luck to your father, and to you and the rest of your family as well in dealing with it.

i'm tired and sore today. but since i went to canada yesterday to ride (whistler, see ride thread) it's acceptable, no? i figure if i limit myself to going to whistler every other week then i can save my fingers from long term damage. i have to avoid trees a bit better tho: have a nice sized bruise on my left bicep from hitting a tree a speed at the end of a long rockface... :dead: