Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

So I left work yesterday at 1:30 to drive down to Philly so I could further evaluate the position I was offered. I went down with high hopes and left with dashed dreams.... All the people in the office were great and I know personallity wise I would fit in great. Thing is the office sucked! It was small, dirty, messy, they were using almost antiquated versions of programs and a whole mess of other reasons. Needless to say I'm not going to be accepting the position. :(

Anyway on a brighter note, tomorrow I leave for MBW 05!!!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am actually doing awesome. I am only a summer intern at my company, yet yesterday I was invited out to play golf at the SAME tournament. I went along with the VP, head of estimating, and a co-op. Had a great time, our team did well and finished at 10 under putting us up near the top. Then I won a nice prize (Odyssey 2 ball putter) in the raffle that followed the completion of our round. After that it was off to a clambake where I was fed mussels, clam chowder and lobster. Mind you this was all free of charge. Yep, I had a good day thats for sure.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning !

Better to find out now , then accepting and then finding out.

Anyway Last night , did some trail work , Making one Sick Freeride /XC trail for NEMBA.
Thats why I went!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Bought a new computer yesterday... Mine is rapidly dying. AMD Athlon, Socket 939 motherboard, 160gb SATA drive, new PCI Express x16 video card... Should be nice - this is the first new computer I've had in over 10 years! I've been working on hand-me-downs since my last one...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Sorry to hear about about the new job, stosh. Good thing you went down there to check things out instead of blindly accepting a position.

Not much going on here. Looks like the heat wave has ended.

I was going to take this next hockey season off, but I have decided to play after all. New seasons starts this Saturday night. Most games are Monday nights, so they won't get in the way of anything.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Bummer about the job thing...

Played a little xbox on the new and improved home theater last night - that totally kicked ass. Also watched a bit of XMen 2... until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Sean hardly slept at all last night, so I'm really dragging today.

I'm hoping to get a few loose ends tied up here at work today so I can take tomorrow off to get ready for MBW. I gotta rotate my tires, put my roof rack on, go grocery shopping, and pack/load up the truck. With the wife and kids at home, it should be a full day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Bummer about the job thing...

Played a little xbox on the new and improved home theater last night - that totally kicked ass. Also watched a bit of XMen 2... until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Sean hardly slept at all last night, so I'm really dragging today.

I'm hoping to get a few loose ends tied up here at work today so I can take tomorrow off to get ready for MBW. I gotta rotate my tires, put my roof rack on, go grocery shopping, and pack/load up the truck. With the wife and kids at home, it should be a full day.
Man, what I wouldn't give for tomorrow off!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, one of our vendors at work wants to take me golfing. Seriously, I am the worst golfer I know. I have never broken 110. Then again, I don't exactly play all that much (once in the last four years).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Oh, one of our vendors at work wants to take me golfing. Seriously, I am the worst golfer I know. I have never broken 110. Then again, I don't exactly play all that much (once in the last four years).
Tell the Vendor you want to take him Mtn Biking.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning everyone, had a great night last night, planned on going for a ride, until my newish girlfreind called on her way back from hawaii with presents and wanted to make the trip to come see me (with presents). Went out for a kickass dinner, rented "Hitch", hilarious....She got me hawiian beer :tounge: and a "lay" :evil:...then kept me up til 3 am (I get up at 530 :rolleyes:) its gonna be a long one. worth it though

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, had a great night last night, planned on going for a ride, until my newish girlfreind called on her way back from hawaii with presents and wanted to make the trip to come see me (with presents). Went out for a kickass dinner, rented "Hitch", hilarious....She got me hawiian beer :tounge: and a "lay" :evil:...then kept me up til 3 am (I get up at 530 :rolleyes:) its gonna be a long one. worth it though
pics of GF???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
They actually have PA State Park rangers walk around. :)
Yeah I've been there a bunch of times, they never gave us any probs as long as we weren't being loud or obvious about the drinking.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Yeah I've been there a bunch of times, they never gave us any probs as long as we weren't being loud or obvious about the drinking.
Yeah... they weren't to bad last year... well until Jackson got wasted and tried to sleep in our neighbor's tent.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
He used to bike and actually knows what a Titus Quasi Moto is!
Nice!!!

On the upside of the job I looked at it's about 5-blocks away from a trail head to Fairmont Park in Philly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
ahhh... good times, at least what I remember of it.
Oh man and then the next day we had to stop every 10 ft on the trail so you could puke... thank god Jeff's helmet kept falling off....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Oh man and then the next day we had to stop every 10 ft on the trail so you could puke... thank god Jeff's helmet kept falling off....
now c'mon... we only did that for like 15 minutes. Once I puked a few times I was ok. Didn't feel much like riding, but...

Morning.

Waiting for work on my van to finish, so I pedaled up to Ferrisburgh on the Bridgestone to visit some friends.

This afternoon I think I get the staples out of the arm and hopefully some better info from the doc as to how to not overload it while it takes its time healing.

Feels good to be pedaling.

J

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Most games are Monday nights, so they won't get in the way of anything.
... except biking :p

Morning everyone! Got my butt kicked on the Tues night shop ride last night at Meshomasic. I made sure to hydrate all day, ate well, but still had trouble keeping up. Did get to ride on some pristine new (to me) singletrack though, and thoroughly enjoyed the pain.

Leaving work early today (and every Wed for the rest of the month) to ride - woohoo!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!

Stosh - sorry to hear about the job...atleast you were wise enough to check it all out before you up and left!

JBP- good luck at the Dr. today!!

Not too much going on today. Finishing giving my band finals...I just had 2 students miserably fail it. They haven't practiced at all!!! :( It's really sad because they got a review sheet 3 weeks ago and didn't bother to do any of it. Oh well!!!

Last night was our bike club meeting and I did some much needed bike maintenance. Tonight I have another meeting to go to so probably no riding for me :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
i'm so freakin' busy i've turned down an offer to go to the US Open @ Pinehurst. :angry:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up people???? Happy Wednesday!!!!! :cool:

stosh sorry to hear things didnt work out with the new job offer, but hey something ":right" will come along.
manhattan.. your g/f is a cutie!!

spend an hour or so getting my camping gear in shape for tommorows trip. I cant believe how much stuff I have collected through the years, I had to do major downsizing. I am pretty much all set to go!!!!! tommorw will be work in the morning till noon, then head home , pack up the car , and get going!!!!!! I was thinking about heading out for a ride once i get there, but we shall see how long it takes to get settled in first, anyone gonna be there by 5 ish??? if so lemme know maybe we can get some trails in

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there, all!!

Attempted a ride yesterday afternoon, but 45 minutes into it, I knew it wasn't going to go any further. Temps were in the 90's here in NC with nearly as much humidity, and the woods were like a sauna. The dog looked up at me as if to say: "...Hey man, I know I lobbied heavily for this ride with my whining and constant pacing and all, but if it's all the same to you, I wouldn't mind if we headed back to the house so I can lay on the AC vent."

I was all for it, as I was getting kinda goofy out there, and was having problems with even the simplest of log crossings and jumps. Even the ice-cold water in the Camelback couldn't keep things under control. Just felt like you couldn't breathe in there......that's only happened to me a few times---and being born and raised here in the South, you sometimes take the heat for granted, and don't realize how it can rob you quickly if you don't take frequent breaks and get your heart rate up gradually as opposed to just slamming the trail like I did.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Darkreaper said:
Manhattan, I'd like to second IAB's comment. Kindly tell her that strangers from the internet think she's cute... and get a video for us to watch :p
hahah i was thinking about telling her that actually and just watch the creep meter go through the roof :p

what you guys dont think im already working on the video cmon :evil:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
i'm so freakin' busy i've turned down an offer to go to the US Open @ Pinehurst. :angry:
Hey narlus, what processor did you end up with for that machine we built?