Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Congrats Stosh!

I know , after I made up my Mind I asked first then we went and picked out the ring together.

as for whats Up with me ! Today I get to find out if I have a Job with Computer Associates ( the company that Bought mine ) after 10/31/05 . I have a Gareentee of employeement here till then. but today we will see how many from my dept. will still be working with me , and who they bwill be working for.
thanks man!

Good luck with the job!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I just wanted him to take pictures of me naked....
opps there went breakfast!!!!

jacksonpt said:
and

Damn... now you got me thinking if I can do this so I can afford a HT. :devil:

Stosh - it's not an expensive kayak... I'd probably sell it for $300, $375 if you want the paddle to (its a nice, light, CF paddle). I don't have a vest though to complete the package.
dammit jackson tell him it was very very expensive!!!!! he just bought a ring, scare him off for me!!!!!!

:eek:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
opps there went breakfast!!!!

dammit jackson tell him it was very very expensive!!!!! he just bought a ring, scare him off for me!!!!!!

:eek:
Yeah I have no idea how I'll afford 375 right now.....

I've been wanting a Kayak for a while though.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Damn!!! Congrats stosh! :thumb:

Just another dy of boredom for me here... hopefully we'll get some work soon... :dead:

I have my fingers crossed the weather will hold so I can get a road ride in after work this afternoon. :rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
cool - I haven't been kayaking in almost a year. Another one of those hobbies that I love but just don't have the time for. I should probably sell my kayaks *sigh*
do it. w/ two kids, it's hard enough to have time for just one hobby, forget about multiple ones.

mornin' peeps. am scrambling to get a cardboard bike box in time for my flight tomorrow. the boxes wouldn't fit in my civic, and then my wife was near cycleloft last night and was gonna grab one, but they were already broken down for the trash :dead: as in sliced open; i am not entrusting packing tape to hold together a box w/ 50# of stuff in it.

so, i gotta scramble for plan B.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
do it. w/ two kids, it's hard enough to have time for just one hobby, forget about multiple ones.
Yea, tell me about it. I've been slowing cutting back on the hobbies for a while now. My fish tanks were the first to go, my truck will probably be next. That's going to be a sad day.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
What are you riding for Dalton - the kona?

Man, you and echo both in bike limbo for the weekend.
yup, the Kona

the big difference between the 2 bikes, is the hollowpoint has the dw link compared to the Kona has the super bob-ing feature installed, plus the HP fits me better.

I'm using the wheelset and rear brakes (hayes hydros) from the HP on the Kona

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
congrats to the :stosh: man for the ring, and good luck to splat for employment futures. maybe you can become a fulltime 'nam guide if the IT thing doesn't work out.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
yup, the Kona

the big difference between the 2 bikes, is the hollowpoint has the dw link compared to the Kona has the super bob-ing feature installed, plus the HP fits me better.

I'm using the wheelset and rear brakes (hayes hydros) from the HP on the Kona
My HP is torn down and available for your services if you so desire douglas.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
Not much going on here. I flipped off a fellow motorist this morning...that's about it.
I do that all the time. My horn doesn't work.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
BTW it's good to see you around again. Been riding more?
Been busy pumpin CAD and going to school full time. Sandy had major surgery, so last summer, NO RIDING at all... :( :(

12 weeks ago began to do cardio workouts at the gym, but pulled back muscle. It's healed enough now so I can get back in it. I have to put the bike in the shop for massive overhaul.

I simply do not have the time to do it....

Yeah, I missed a bunch of my friends in here and the banter. I got a bit ticked with a few situations, but that was 2 years ago, so, no worries.

Congrats on the Ring. I'd say engagement, but she's gotta say yes! :D ;)

PBV

Chimp
Apr 18, 2005
Boston
stosh said:
Well not when but she is aware I'm working on it.

It's hard to buy something so expensive without atleast asking her some questions.

I was able to pull it off. Any time she brought up marriage I would get all quiet and **** like I wasn't interested. In fact it really started pissing her off after a while... but it was worth it when I popped the question and she was SHOCKED.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! :)

First of all...CONGRATS Stosh! That's great news!
Second of all...Splat, keep us posted on the job status! I've got my fingers crossed for ya'!

Not much on my slate for today. Gotta get crap organized for Dalton so I can just throw in all in the Jeep tomorrow night. Gonna do a road ride today, should be 20-30 miles depending on how I feel and which loop I choose to do. Also getting a haircut today. :sneaky: Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to The Great Escape, with is a 6-Flags amusement park about 3 miles from my house. Should be fun! That's all I have to report for now. Have a good day all! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jacksonpt said:
Yea, tell me about it. I've been slowing cutting back on the hobbies for a while now. My fish tanks were the first to go, my truck will probably be next. That's going to be a sad day.

Amen to that....My music stuff hit me REAL hard the past year and a half $$$$........I put the MTB and DH stuff on hold. :(

But, I'm going to use the excuse of getting into shape, so by July I'll be able to get going again. Thats what you call manipulating a physical therapist to achieve ones goal! :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Tore it down last night and built up a hardtail in it's place for the time being. Also got the Ted all ready to rock at Dalton. So I'll still have two bikes and two bikes that fit me well for the weekend.

The HP is just a bit too big for me and I never felt real comfortable on it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning all! :)

Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to The Great Escape, with is a 6-Flags amusement park about 3 miles from my house. Should be fun! That's all I have to report for now. Have a good day all! :thumb:
STORYTOWN!!! :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Tore it down last night and built up a hardtail in it's place for the time being. Also got the Ted all ready to rock at Dalton. So I'll still have two bikes and two bikes that fit me well for the weekend.

2 HTs? The Ted and what else? I can't keep up...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:

I owned you on that one!!!!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey everybody! I haven't posted in a GMT in a long time it seems like.
First off, congrats to :stosh: for the ring and the future wedding. :thumb: I've mostly been sitting around lately because its so damn hot. I mean, for us native Coloradoans 95+ is HOT. lol. I got a new 5th for my V10 so thats pretty cool, uh... went and saw Batman a few days ago....that's about all I've done. Probably won't go riding today because the trails'll be muddy as hell after the storm we had yesterday. :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Hey everybody! I haven't posted in a GMT in a long time it seems like.
First off, congrats to :stosh: for the ring and the future wedding. :thumb: I've mostly been sitting around lately because its so damn hot. I mean, for us native Coloradoans 95+ is HOT. lol. I got a new 5th for my V10 so thats pretty cool, uh... went and saw Batman a few days ago....that's about all I've done. Probably won't go riding today because the trails'll be muddy as hell after the storm we had yesterday. :rolleyes:
That does seem pretty hot. I hope we don't get that heat any time soon.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

Damn bro, you didn't have the IH all that long. My Titus has always been a tad big, but I've just gotten used to it. You need to get some miles on that IH and maybe you'll fall in love with it.

Well, just get those Dalton bikes ready! You might want to trail test them before racing them, just to make sure everything is working and dialed in.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
stosh said:
That does seem pretty hot. I hope we don't get that heat any time soon.
It's horrible! I went for a ride yesterday doibng some light xc type stuff and after 45 minutes I was exhausted and soaking wet because it was so hot out. :mad: :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Yes! Storytown for us oldtimers! Were going to do the whole tour this summer; Storytown > Magic Forest > Gaslight Village! :D

Nice - head over this way and we can meet you at Riverside (now Six Flags New England).

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Damn bro, you didn't have the IH all that long. My Titus has always been a tad big, but I've just gotten used to it. You need to get some miles on that IH and maybe you'll fall in love with it.

Well, just get those Dalton bikes ready! You might want to trail test them before racing them, just to make sure everything is working and dialed in.
My HP may have a longer TT than your Titus - it just feels too stretched out and I don't like that feeling.

I knew when I got the frame over the winter that I was taking a chance, but went for it just the same. I don't regret it, but I do know that it is too long in the top tube for me. A 17" HP would be ideal.

The bikes were both worked on last night and wheels worked on too. I should be good to go.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
How is everybody today.

Well just so you all know I bought an engagement ring last night. I should say I bought the stone anyway. I'm having the setting and band hand made.

Sorry, I'm just a little excited... :)
Wow! congrats. You are a great couple. Does she have any idea that you're going to ask her?