Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

splat said:
Congrats Stosh!

I know , after I made up my Mind I asked first then we went and picked out the ring together.

as for whats Up with me ! Today I get to find out if I have a Job with Computer Associates ( the company that Bought mine ) after 10/31/05 . I have a Gareentee of employeement here till then. but today we will see how many from my dept. will still be working with me , and who they bwill be working for.
Hey, good luck, splat!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
yeah but she's got no clue when.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out. And as for the setting, as a woman, I'd be much more thrilled by the fact that I was getting married and the ring would just be this amazing, extra bonus. Meaning, anything you get should make her happy because of what it stands for (but I'm sure you've also picked out a very nice ring from your description).

Oh and just because I can't ride a bike for a while doesn't mean we can find adventure elsewhere. Rob's back from vacation on Sun. and we're always around and looking for people to do stuff with. Just PM me or call the cell.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What up peeps? After drinking heavily at Deschutes on Monday night, I opted for a change of scenery and drank at Bend Brewing Company last nght. TOnight I can hopefully meet up with Ghostrider who is in town on vacation.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, congrats Stosh!! You're going to be a lucky guy, although I don't know what I'd say for her....j/k

got duty today so I'll be on watch until 11 tonight. No riding for me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
what stone did you end up getting?

yesterday, brown delivered a nice new bright HID - just in time for the 24 !!! :thumb:
YEAH!!! I got mine on Monday and have cycled it through twice so far....to make sure it's in tip top shape. Which one did you get?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all....just made it. I have been cleaning instruments all morning :dead: Kids are truly disgusting little creatures. Next year I should make them clean them before they can hand them in for the summer :think:

Got the non-perishable foods packed up last night for Dalton. The water (all 36 gallons) are in my SUV as we speak. Tonight I need to bake a retirement cake and some cookies. Tomorrow, I will bake up the blueberry & cranberry muffins and grill lots of chicken breasts. Other than that, not too much else going on.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
YEAH!!! I got mine on Monday and have cycled it through twice so far....to make sure it's in tip top shape. Which one did you get?
Storm II

36 gallons of water?? you are one thirsty chick!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
This is probably not worth mentioning, since I'm going to be such a stoney here and not post a pic...but I saw a GINORMOUS snake on my ride the other night...I couldn't tell if he was a rattler or not cuz his ass was in the brush, but he sure looked like it...he was about 4.5 long the part that was on the trail...I kinda wanted to poke him with a stick and see what he'd do, but I woulda felt bad harrassing the wildlife...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
dh girlie said:
This is probably not worth mentioning, since I'm going to be such a stoney here and not post a pic...but I saw a GINORMOUS snake on my ride the other night...I couldn't tell if he was a rattler or not cuz his ass was in the brush, but he sure looked like it...he was about 4.5 long the part that was on the trail...I kinda wanted to poke him with a stick and see what he'd do, but I woulda felt bad harrassing the wildlife...
Sweet! One of the guys who rides our local trails says he saw a copperhead on one of our trails. I have never seen one around us and think he may have it confused with a milk snake, but you never really know. I had seen a milk snake a day or two before in about the same area and it was aggressive...tried to bite at me when I rode by (narrowly missing it's tail end) :eek:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! One of the guys who rides our local trails says he saw a copperhead on one of our trails. I have never seen one around us and think he may have it confused with a milk snake, but you never really know. I had seen a milk snake a day or two before in about the same area and it was aggressive...tried to bite at me when I rode by (narrowly missing it's tail end) :eek:

Jeebus! That's not cool at ALL! I was riding at this one place a while back and it's really hot and dry and I'm coming down this singletrack, and there is this big ass snake layin across the trail...well...I saw him in time to stop (he was so big I saw him from waaaayyy far away) and I stop and I'm thinkin...damn...he is ONE BIIIIG snake...so I'm waiting for him to get his lazy ass across the trail and when his tail came outta the brush, it had about an inch and a half rattle on it...freaked me the HELL out...so he slithers into the hillside and I take off and I'm all 'rattled' myself and just as I round a switchback, this HUGE buck bounds across the trail...I nearly had a heart attack...I was so sketchy after that...it really freaked me out...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Well !

I survived ! I will continue to have a Job here. Salary stays the same , title changes , loose a few responsibilities , gained a few, now it is just going to be come a Wait and see. :)

I wish I could say the same for the rest of My group :(
Bummer about your coworkers, but it's every man for themselves, yo. Glad to hear you still have employment!!

How about SloMo?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Well !

I survived ! I will continue to have a Job here. Salary stays the same , title changes , loose a few responsibilities , gained a few, now it is just going to be come a Wait and see. :)

I wish I could say the same for the rest of My group :(
Good news Splat and good news on Slomojo too......what will happen to the rest of your group though? and who will replace them? OR will their work just get spread out across the larger corporation.

What is it that your comany did/does anyway??

splat

Nam I am
MMcG said:
Good news Splat and good news on Slomojo too......what will happen to the rest of your group though? and who will replace them? OR will their work just get spread out across the larger corporation.

What is it that your comany did/does anyway??
well we were a smallish ( 500 employee ) software company , that got bought By Computer Associates ( 16,000 employees ) the 3rd largest software company in the world.

so for most of our is infastructure is not needed because they already have larger systems to do the same thing already. I'm a UNIX guy who knows what I'm doing and they are in short supply so they kept me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well I just got my raise... 13%... aint that bad but I was hoping for 50cents more /hr.

I did however get a cell phone thru the company I can use for personal stuff.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
well we were a smallish ( 500 employee ) software company , that got bought By Computer Associates ( 16,000 employees ) the 3rd largest software company in the world.

so for most of our is infastructure is not needed because they already have larger systems to do the same thing already. I'm a UNIX guy who knows what I'm doing and they are in short supply so they kept me.
What kind of software do you develop/produce??

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Well I just got my raise... 13%... aint that bad but I was hoping for 50cents more /hr.

I did however get a cell phone thru the company I can use for personal stuff.
nice... I'd kill for a raise like that. 5+ years and I've only gotten 1 raise. Damn state budgets...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Is that just a raise without a promotion? Because if it is, that is a hell of a lot better than "Aint that bad." Most people get stuck with 3-4% cost of living adjustments. I just got promoted, and I got a total of 10% between my annual increase and my promotion (although there are other reasons I got capped at 10%).