Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm here early because we are interviewing a guy for a 2nd time.
Other than that I didn't do much last night, the humidity is a killer here this week. It's supposed to rain today so I probably won't be riding tonight like I had planned.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hey whats up stosh?? feeling better today??
yesterday i spent the day packing... no riding except for commuting to and from work. trying to finalize all the plans for the trip is time consuming and frustrating.. today i all i really need to do is dpouble check my packing and get a haircut..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The floodlights on the front of my house burnt out last night so when I took the dogs out I used my headlamp. It looked like there was dew on the grass because there were little points of light reflecting back, the problem was it was bone dry and some of the little points were moving. On further inspection I realized the little reflections were the eyes of spiders. There must be at least 4 spiders every square foot in my yard, creepy. I found one that from a distance looked like a disco ball, when I got closer I found it was a large spider with thousands of baby spiders hanging on to its abdomen. I tried taking pictures but they did not come out.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much going on today. The boss gave my the exciting assignment today to inventory all our spare hardware and order anything we need. Yipee. :rolleyes: Went riding last night for the first time since Dalton, and rode like crap. It was wierd, like I couldn't see a line through anything. Ended up OTB more than once. :rolleyes: Supposed to rain here today, tomorrow and Friday. :rolleyes:

Westy...that's just gross dude!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westy said:
The floodlights on the front of my house burnt out last night so when I took the dogs out I used my headlamp. It looked like there was dew on the grass because there were little points of light reflecting back, the problem was it was bone dry and some of the little points were moving. On further inspection I realized the little reflections were the eyes of spiders. There must be at least 4 spiders every square foot in my yard, creepy. I found one that from a distance looked like a disco ball, when I got closer I found it was a large spider with thousands of baby spiders hanging on to its abdomen. I tried taking pictures but they did not come out.
That's going to creep a certain someone out on here if she reads it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stevew said:
That's going to creep a certain someone out on here if she reads it.
Happy birthday :D

Good morning everyone. Watched "Hostage" with Bruce Willis last night, and was not exactly prepared for how gruesome it was. It was okay, I guess, just a little disturbing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I have the pleasure of working on a lot of CAD drawings. Better get to it.
What kind of drawings do you do?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

have to go out and pick up several things today, including a set of spoke so I can finally get around to rebuild the rear wheel of my road bike.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall.

Did a bunch of stuff around the house yesterday, put in a new kitchen faucet, cleaned gutters, trimmed some bushes, and got about halfway through putting in a new mirrored medicine cabinet in my bathroom. Hopefully the rain will hold off today so I can get some miles.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Mornin' Looks like thunderstorms all week! Booo!

I missed the weekend ride thread but I got a couple of pictures to add.

Here's one of my wife making a powerline descent as the sun sets:

Here I am swatting at deerflys and admiring my muddy legs. The trails weren't particularly muddy but it's a multiuse trail and the creek crossings were chundered by horse hooves. (Just so you don't think I'm riding muddy trails.)

Last but not least: No matter how bad your day may be, I doubt it could possibly be as bad as this guy's!

I found this bike at one of the creek crossings. The trail above was a long fast descent. I imagine this guy came down the hill to fast. His cheap brakes failed to slow him and he hit the creek at speed. The creek being chunder by horses into a mudpit probably swallowed his front wheel, sending him over the bars and into the mud. Ha Ha!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Working today...teaching some private lessons. The ignorance of some of my students and their parents amazes me. I had one show up 5 minutes late with nothing :confused: No drum sticks no lesson book....all of which he knew he had to bring :rolleyes: And I am supposed to babysit them for 30 minutes while Dad takes a nap in the car. :mumble: The rest of my lessons have been good thus far so I guess I can deal with the 1 bad for now.

Went out to dinner with the hubby last night and then to Home Depot to get weed killer and house cleaner (for the siding). Ended up buying this cool brush that extends to 16 feet to scrub the siding with....guess I know what I'll be doing whenever the rain lets up ;)

Westy said:
G'mornin'.

I have noticed the spider eyes when using an LED headlamp. It's really neat... We should recommend it to DHG - she'll never leave her house again. :D

jdschall said:
Mornin' Looks like thunderstorms all week! Booo!

I missed the weekend ride thread but I got a couple of pictures to add.

Here's one of my wife making a powerline descent as the sun sets:

Here I am swatting at deerflys and admiring my muddy legs. The trails weren't particularly muddy but it's a multiuse trail and the creek crossings were chundered by horse hooves. (Just so you don't think I'm riding muddy trails.)

Last but not least: No matter how bad your day may be, I doubt it could possibly be as bad as this guy's!

I found this bike at one of the creek crossings. The trail above was a long fast descent. I imagine this guy came down the hill to fast. His cheap brakes failed to slow him and he hit the creek at speed. The creek being chunder by horses into a mudpit probably swallowed his front wheel, sending him over the bars and into the mud. Ha Ha!
Chundered? Chunder == Australian for vomit...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i put in my application to switch into the md/phd program last night :eek: . long haul in front of me...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
why the change of course? does it mean yr looking to be a research doctor rather than a practicing one?
here's the swill i wrote and submitted last night:

My research interests lie in emerging fields where my Computer Science
background would be an asset: genomics and medical imaging. In
particular, I am interested in developing more intuitive visualization
methods of neuroanatomical structures in 2-D and 3-D from MRI or mixed
imaging modalities.

[...]

When I initially applied to medical school I was unsure of which path
I wished to take. Although I displayed inklings of being oriented
towards research I felt that my research goals and experience with
medically relevant research were too meager to warrant applying
directly to the MSTP program. With a clearer idea of what projects
might be feasible and interesting to pursue thanks both to my
individual exploration during the past school year and as part of the
MSRTP program this summer I now have become convinced that I would
like to go into academic medicine.

[...]

Eventually I would like to build a career in which I can undertake
research and directly integrate it into clinical practice. With my
current interests involving imaging it appears that completing a
radiology residency would best allow me to achieve my goal of writing
the software that allows novel questions to be explored, and using and
disseminating the knowledge gained from this exploration to improve
patient care.
basically i've always thought this would be the right choice, but i wasn't ready to bite the bullet until now.

narlus said:
or are you just collecting fancy degrees? :D
gotta keep up with the joneses ya know

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Wednesdays blow.....especially since I have NOTHING to do at work....now I have to go looking for sh*t to do b4 my boss gets all over me for not doing anything..... :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: I just want to go for a ride....GDI!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: All work does is get in the way of a perfectly good riding day..... :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Toshi said:

basically i've always thought this would be the right choice, but i wasn't ready to bite the bullet until now.

Does that class have a large textbook? I always hated to carry large books around campus.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Toshi said:

It's safe to say you are pretty smart. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Does that class have a large textbook? I always hated to carry large books around campus.
do the chickens have large talons?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
why? Are they called that too?

:confused:
No, the Rustic Overtones are no more. They broke up May 11, 2002 and some of the members (Dave Gutter, Jon Roods, and Marc Boisvert) went on to form Paranoid Social Club.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
No, the Rustic Overtones are no more. They broke up May 11, 2002 and some of the members (Dave Gutter, Jon Roods, and Marc Boisvert) went on to form Paranoid Social Club.
Damnit, no wonder why I can't find a website.

Got any CD's of theirs?
I'm looking for Shish-boom-bang.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Damnit, no wonder why I can't find a website.

Got any CD's of theirs?
I'm looking for Shish-boom-bang.
Nope, I don't. I've seen them (R.O. and PSC) a couple times though. Good stuff! (R.O. were better in my opinion though)