Quantcast

***Happy Humpday Morning***

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well someone has to start it!!!!

I was fortunate enough to go for a nice 30+ mile ride last night on the Westside Highway... it was hot but there were plenty of people out and about...
The best part of it was coming home and jumping right into the pool. I must have stayed in the pool for an hour just relaxing with a few beers. Nice!!!!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
In the process of fixing the um, complications associated with the decently thick clear coat I put on my frame. I am going to have to wet sand out all of the drips and imperfections (yes, I am anal about that) and put on another coat then call it quits. I am actually quite pleased with how it has turned out so far. All of the parts are on the way, so hopefully I can get it built up and running, pictures will follow next week.

Work is killing me, I need a vacation. I'm burning out.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
MMcG said:
Morning - so Tim I take it you found a Thomson post for that Steelhead?
Yep. I was going to have to get a few parts for it anyway, so I whipped out the credit card and spent some ungodly amount of money that I don't even want to think about, much less tell my dad. Haha, its ok, I will end up with over 2 grand saved for this upcoming college year plus another grand coming back from taxes and 1200 for work study, a few hundred (bout 8) shouldn't hurt.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hello. Went for a family ride last night, got in around 10 miles by the time we got home. Actually got the wife on her bike (which doesn't happen very often) and the kid in the trailer and headed to the ice cream shoppe for some cones. Everybody had a good time. My wife really enjoyed being on her bike and kept saying how she had forgotten how much fun it is to ride. My daughter just sat in the trailer with her ice cream cone singing songs and laughing at herself. I think we're going to try and get out as a family a couple times a week from now on. :)

Today I'm back at work after a 5 day weekend. I had about 1,000 emails to go through, but now I can devote my day to da :monkey: . :thumb:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Morning, no ride last night cus it was raining here,it has been suprizingly cold the last 2 days it's only 62 right now and I don't think it broke 80 yesturday. I'm kinda excited because I start my EMT training on thursday should be a good 6 months but it kinda sucks because it will cut into my ride time

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Mowed the grass.

Got the bike trailer set up to ride to the spray park today(now it is raining).

Drank a couple of beers relaxing by the pool while the kiddos played.

BBQed some chicken for lunch.

Took a nap.

Went for an eight hiller* mountain bike ride.

*A hill is apprx 50-70 vertical feet in 400' to 600".

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i had to get up early because i need to do my summer assignment for statistics. yay AP courses. not. but i dont mind too much since i have to get it done if i want to go down to the cape to ride the trail of tears tomorrow through saturday.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Went out and visited family last night, sister's visiting. Was gonna ride out there but got discouraged by the thunderstorms so I drove. Hoping to ride out there tonight if the rain lets up :mumble:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Hello. Went for a family ride last night, got in around 10 miles by the time we got home. Actually got the wife on her bike (which doesn't happen very often) and the kid in the trailer and headed to the ice cream shoppe for some cones. Everybody had a good time. My wife really enjoyed being on her bike and kept saying how she had forgotten how much fun it is to ride. My daughter just sat in the trailer with her ice cream cone singing songs and laughing at herself. I think we're going to try and get out as a family a couple times a week from now on. :)

Today I'm back at work after a 5 day weekend. I had about 1,000 emails to go through, but now I can devote my day to da :monkey: . :thumb:
Nice! Have her give me a call if she wants to go out for an easy ride! I definitely need to spin more :dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! I'm in Schenectady teaching some private lessons today. For a few of my student's it's their last lesson until fall and next week I switch to Tuesdays and get a couple of different students added to my list so it should be fun!

Last night Sq-Earl and I were cleaning the outside of our house (vinyl siding) and noticed a large bees nest so I am getting rid of that when I get home. Tonight we're going riding with a friend that doesn't get out much (and yet he has a brand new 575 :think: ) so that will be fun. He's worried about getting his butt handed to him by a pregnant chick :devil:

Other than that, I need a snack and some coffee!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Heading out for Plum Island (MA) and Hampton Beach (NH) this afternoon for a few days with the girl... :thumb: :heart: :thumb:

It will be our first long car ride together... should be fun... :dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crashby said:
Heading out for Plum Island (MA) and Hampton Beach (NH) this afternoon for a few days with the girl... :thumb: :heart: :thumb:

Sweet!!! Hope you have a good time and beautiful weather!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! I'm in Schenectady teaching some private lessons today. For a few of my student's it's their last lesson until fall and next week I switch to Tuesdays and get a couple of different students added to my list so it should be fun!

Last night Sq-Earl and I were cleaning the outside of our house (vinyl siding) and noticed a large bees nest so I am getting rid of that when I get home. Tonight we're going riding with a friend that doesn't get out much (and yet he has a brand new 575 :think: ) so that will be fun. He's worried about getting his butt handed to him by a pregnant chick :devil:

Other than that, I need a snack and some coffee!

I have a feeling you're not just any pregnant chick.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crashby said:

Nice!! I used to spend a lot of time on/in Plum Island/Newburyport. Have fun!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning all.

Beth and I checked out road bikes last night again (I'm stuck on the Kona from last year....1500 marked down from 2100. DAYAM!) and I've decided that sometime in the near future I should look into picking up a Coiler. Just a very nice riding machine.

After said drooling, we went for nearly 6 miles of singletrack with one of our friends. Good ride, it was pretty warm and humid, but it was a great ride. And I definitely think my bike needs a decent set of discs....mechanical shimanos suck.

Today I'll be boiling ribs for dinner, and sitting my ass on ridemonkey all morning.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning all. I've got the week off before I move on Sunday and it's been a bit hectic with packing, cleaning, and getting last minute visits in with friends.

My girlfriend, in the midst of this, bought me an early birthday present - a Dell UltraSharp 19" digital LCD panel. Do I have the best girlfriend ever or what? :heart: :love:

Can't wait to get down there and unpack it! I promised I would leave it in the box until we got down there since we're trying to pack everything, and unpacking seems counterproductive :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning everyone.

Treesaw, I'm looking forward to riding with you soon! It's been a while since I've been up to Saratoga, so it should be great :)

Went out riding last night with Rob and a friend who's a collegiate runner who doesn't mountain bike often (he was on a friend's Trek that didn't even have front suspension). Let's just say that at the top of the big hills, Rob and I were on the ground panting and this guy was hardly breaking a sweat and he was jumping most of the stuff we were. I guess it just shows that sometimes a better athlete is better than a fancy bike. But, there's nothing wrong with a kick-ass ride, especially after test-riding some sweet full suspension Kona's :drool:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. tried to ride last night but buddy bailed so I rode solo. I think it was my worst ride ever, it was good to ride but even the most simple of obstacles seemed extremely complicated yesterday. Think I'm just going to clean my room tonight. Big thunderstorms supposed to be on the way.

Oh BTW I'm out for diablo this weekend. But I definitely would be up for another day.