Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
why didnt i know you were coming into town?yes there are some dirty hippies.
Asheville seems to have a higher cost of living then most of NC. It's amazing how dirty hippies and homosexuals can increase the cost of living in an area. Take Woodstock for instance, the streets are filled with dirty hippies and the shops only sell expensive handmade goods for Thailand.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
yeeeeeessssssss iiiiiittttttttt iiisssssssssss.

seriously though it is waaay laid back.lots of building going on so you should be able to find employment pretty easily.
It's hard getting people to call me back about my resume' when I'm from out of state.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
why didnt i know you were coming into town?yes there are some dirty hippies.
I drove down a few hours before the wedding and left a few hours after waking up on a couch in the hotel lobby with a bridesmaid on my lap.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I drove down a few hours before the wedding and left a few hours after waking up on a couch in the hotel lobby with a bridesmaid on my lap.
Nice......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
well ya know thats whatg bridemaids are for ya know. did ya'll talk about the first thing that popped up?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Asheville seems to have a higher cost of living then most of NC. It's amazing how dirty hippies and homosexuals can increase the cost of living in an area. Take Woodstock for instance, the streets are filled with dirty hippies and the shops only sell expensive handmade goods for Thailand.
it is the most expensive city in the state and it is actually second home owners and tourists that drive the costs up so much.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
it is the most expensive city in the state and it is actually second home owners and tourists that drive the costs up so much.
Yeah thats what I figured.
Anyplace outside of Asheville worth living?
How far are you to the coast?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
morning folks.

Not quite sure what to think about the new ownership, congrats Gecko for the purchase but that damn toolbar of links is bothering me. :p ;)

Anyways, I'm leaving to go road riding in probably 15minutes, hopefully put in atleast 30miles. Then after that I'm gonna go dirtjumping and that's as far as I've gotten with my plans. Maybe see a movie, maybe go to lunch with some chicks or something. :p

Have a good day everybody. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Yeah thats what I figured.
Anyplace outside of Asheville worth living?
How far are you to the coast?
NC coast about 6.5 hours. FL coast 6.5 hours. SC coast i think about 5 hours. mountain bike trails about 5 minutes, rock climbing about 20 minutes, kayaking about 10 minutes and fishing is about 10 minutes.

bar-ihave 3 bars within a 3 minute walk of my house as well as a smoothie place, the grocery store, video store and bike shop.

as far as other places to live around here that is still close to asheville check out places like weaverville, waynesville and black mountain. (out of those i would choose black mountain).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
NC coast about 6.5 hours. FL coast 6.5 hours. SC coast i think about 5 hours. mountain bike trails about 5 minutes, rock climbing about 20 minutes, kayaking about 10 minutes and fishing is about 10 minutes.

bar-ihave 3 bars within a 3 minute walk of my house as well as a smoothie place, the grocery store, video store and bike shop.

as far as other places to live around here that is still close to asheville check out places like weaverville, waynesville and black mountain. (out of those i would choose black mountain).
Black Mtn... isnt' that where Epic cycles is?
Did you hear I'm engaged? I think I'm going to start looking for a place to move to after we get married next summer. I'm f'ing sick of my family and hers, (so is she). I love them both but we need our own life and both our families live way to close.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Black Mtn... isnt' that where Epic cycles is?
Did you hear I'm engaged? I think I'm going to start looking for a place to move to after we get married next summer. I'm f'ing sick of my family and hers, (so is she). I love them both but we need our own life and both our families live way to close.
yup that is where epic is. i see Allan Hightower the owner just about every week. he is a good guy but he does every once in a while grab girls butts but only if he has a had too many beers.

did you order that bike from him?

engaged huh?well i guess congrats are in order.

why are you gonna wait a year?i dont understand. as far as the heat goes they said today was gonna be real hot, i think it is supposed to be like 88 degrees or something.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
as far as the heat goes they said today was gonna be real hot, i think it is supposed to be like 88 degrees or something.
SHUT UP!

Did you arrange a ride yet or what? Stop slacking and go ride some single track. I changed my mind, you should pack up and go to Brown Mountain, its not gonna be crowded with ATV's on a Wednesday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
yup that is where epic is. i see Allan Hightower the owner just about every week. he is a good guy but he does every once in a while grab girls butts but only if he has a had too many beers.

did you order that bike from him?

engaged huh?well i guess congrats are in order.

why are you gonna wait a year?i dont understand. as far as the heat goes they said today was gonna be real hot, i think it is supposed to be like 88 degrees or something.
How are the winters? I like a change of season but I hate being inside for to long.

Yeah I bought my bike from Epic, I was pretty happy althought I don't think they tightened the wheels like I asked. :)

Well we want to get married up here and since Aubrey is a teacher she likes to only make "moves" during the summers so she can complete an entire year with her students.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
How are the winters? I like a change of season but I hate being inside for to long.

Yeah I bought my bike from Epic, I was pretty happy althought I don't think they tightened the wheels like I asked. :)

Well we want to get married up here and since Aubrey is a teacher she likes to only make "moves" during the summers so she can complete an entire year with her students.
if it snows it usually does not hang out longer than 2 days. evrything can be done year round. temps in the winter range from 40-60 degrees for the most part.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Greyhound said:
....You mean, there's another way??? :)
i think that was the the 2 most expensive almost phone numbers i have ever witnessed. that was some funny shlt. how is you friend with the dope ass car doing?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
SHUT UP!

Did you arrange a ride yet or what? Stop slacking and go ride some single track. I changed my mind, you should pack up and go to Brown Mountain, its not gonna be crowded with ATV's on a Wednesday.

nope tried callin everyone that i have in my phone and there are no takers. as for brown i dont really want to push my bike all day and that is kinda the problem with riding alone. actually it is one of the reasons i am kinda not riding much. but that should be discussed in a new thread all together.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
if it snows it usually does not hang out longer than 2 days. evrything can be done year round. temps in the winter range from 40-60 degrees for the most part.
OMG that place sounds like my paradise.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
nope tried callin everyone that i have in my phone and there are no takers. as for brown i dont really want to push my bike all day and that is kinda the problem with riding alone. actually it is one of the reasons i am kinda not riding much. but that should be discussed in a new thread all together.

You gonna go ride or start another thread?

Riding alone can suck sometimes, but its Wednesday. Just go pick a trail and ride it. You are So lucky to have all that riding withing 30 minutes of your house. Head over to Brevard or something, if you pedal around the Davidson river campground for 10 minutes I am sure there are some folks from FL looking for a guide.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
OMG that place sounds like my paradise.

It is... The job market is a little weak, depending on what you do. However if your soon to be wife is a teacher, she shouldnt have much trouble, and then you can figure it out once you get there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You gonna go ride or start another thread?

Riding alone can suck sometimes, but its Wednesday. Just go pick a trail and ride it. You are So lucky to have all that riding withing 30 minutes of your house. Head over to Brevard or something, if you pedal around the Davidson river campground for 10 minutes I am sure there are some folks from FL looking for a guide.
who is up here?also did i see boombatsz (scott rempe with the orange rm-7)passing through here around the 4th of july?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
It is... The job market is a little weak, depending on what you do. However if your soon to be wife is a teacher, she shouldnt have much trouble, and then you can figure it out once you get there.
Both of us are in pretty good fields. I could find a job doing any type of drafting at this point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. I'm at work for a while today on my day off. 6 hours of overtime for me!!! :) Have a good day all!
Hey did you get anything thru your wife from team CSC?

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
Both of us are in pretty good fields. I could find a job doing any type of drafting at this point.

That is the thing, there isn't much "Industry" in Asheville, believe me I have LOOKED a number of times.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
i think that was the the 2 most expensive almost phone numbers i have ever witnessed. that was some funny shlt. how is you friend with the dope ass car doing?
He's doing good. He'll be stoked you asked. His construction company hired my brother for about seven months until they caught him and a few other framers burning a fattie on the jobsite and fired him. They're still friends though, and my brother got another job with a different const. company so I guess all's well that ends well......

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
who is up here?
No one imparticular, I was more making a joke, but you know how it works. I'd bet there is someone from FL up there riding this week.

biggins said:
also did i see boombatsz (scott rempe with the orange rm-7)passing through here around the 4th of july?
Ya he went to Windrock. I couldnt make that trip. I am going to Mammoth in like 10 days, Loo might meet up. Then I think I am going to try to get to NC in Sept or Oct. to do some riding. I may bring the GF :eek: She does not ride. :(

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
. I may bring the GF :eek: She does not ride. :(

yes she does.............. :sneaky:

cool, i am going on a vacation in september up to virginia with the family but lemme know when you come up.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Greyhound said:
He's doing good. He'll be stoked you asked. His construction company hired my brother for about seven months until they caught him and a few other framers burning a fattie on the jobsite and fired him. They're still friends though, and my brother got another job with a different const. company so I guess all's well that ends well......

so he is burniong fatties on some other guys job site, awesome. good to hear he is doing well. Is Callie still single or did she find a man already?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
That is the thing, there isn't much "Industry" in Asheville, believe me I have LOOKED a number of times.
There seems to be quite a few architecture firms which is what I want to be doing though.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
yes she does.............. :sneaky:

cool, i am going on a vacation in september up to virginia with the family but lemme know when you come up.
When are you going to Virginia? You know a trip to NC is not complete without having a few beers with Biggins :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
There seems to be quite a few architecture firms which is what I want to be doing though.

ah for sure.... Sorry I was thinking something else when you said drafting. Yes with lots of construction and what not going on up there, you'd probably be pretty set.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
**AHEM**

I'll talk to my uncle and see if he knows of anything you would be interested in up in that direction.
Ok cool deal!
There ya go sticking you neck out for me again.

I'm sorry about the first time by my friend said that area wasn't the greatest. Plus I think I need a milder summer.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
When are you going to Virginia? You know a trip to NC is not complete without having a few beers with Biggins :thumb:
i am not sure of the date. however the place where we are going to be has a real ass kicking trail that is a shuttle climb. its called Iron Mountain and i have done most of it from a spot called skulls gap. it is 2 hours from asheville.

as for the beer i am sure i can accomodate that.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Ok cool deal!
There ya go sticking you neck out for me again.

I'm sorry about the first time by my friend said that area wasn't the greatest. Plus I think I need a milder summer.
dude, mee-bane rocks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
ah for sure.... Sorry I was thinking something else when you said drafting. Yes with lots of construction and what not going on up there, you'd probably be pretty set.
Yeah well I can do almost any type of drafting so aside from the architecture design and drawing, construction managment I can find a temp job doing any type of drafting.

I really want to be a project manager at a firm.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Yeah well I can do almost any type of drafting so aside from the architecture design and drawing, construction managment I can find a temp job doing any type of drafting.

I really want to be a project manager at a firm.
you can manage my firm project anytime baby.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, took a personal day to do some apartment hunting because it looks like I'm going to have to move out of my house. My roommates are moving out, and my potential replacements are being flaky. Looks like I'm going to be living by myself soon. I love this house, I don't want to move. Oh yeah, got my fork swapped last night, just need to cut the excess steerer tube and its about done.

Poland-that frame looks sweet, but I think you need some yellow to contrast it, either stickers or some yellow components. yellow cranks would look good.