Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome ride last night!
I'm looking forward to another great one today with Bluebug and Rob.

Just another busy day here at the office besides riding...

PS. I've realised how fun it is riding my old light hardtail compared to my heavy trail bike MKIII. I'm scared to admit it.....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dont be scared stosh, the revisit to the ol' hardtail can do that but you will get over it.

i am off today and heading here for a day of beer drinking and fishing.......it'll be fun.

mmmmmmmm....holston river in TN

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Lucky you. My night went down the pooper pretty fast. I swear, those damned bikes can't just go together easily. I thought I had a spare BB cup lying around, so I spent a while searching for that instead of going to the bike store to get one. Once I gave that up it was too late to go, so I decided to replace the axle on my hub. Yea, too bad I did not have the right size cone wrenches. Ugh, so there went all hope of getting it up and ready for this weekend.

I did cut my hair last night though, it was getting kinda long. And I figured out what is going on with my love life, so that is pretty good as well. I will be going to the bike shop tonight, pick up the tools I need and finally get it together, I owe you guys some pictures.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh,

Finished moving last night and got out of Ithaca around 8:45. Spent most of the ride back to highland trying to stay awake. And because I was concentrating on staying awake, I was consequently not paying attention to the road, and got nabbed by a State Trooper while doing 80+ in the left lane, with my brights on, in front of a pack of cars. *sigh* At least the cop was nice enough and I didn't get a ticket, even though I really deserved one.

Hopefully today will be better than yesterday.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i am off today and heading here for a day of beer drinking and fishing.......it'll be fun.
how is that different from the days you do "work"?

My bike has made it to Mammoth Mountain, CA. I will be joining it Saturday :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Lucky you. My night went down the pooper pretty fast. I swear, those damned bikes can't just go together easily. I thought I had a spare BB cup lying around, so I spent a while searching for that instead of going to the bike store to get one. Once I gave that up it was too late to go, so I decided to replace the axle on my hub. Yea, too bad I did not have the right size cone wrenches. Ugh, so there went all hope of getting it up and ready for this weekend.

I did cut my hair last night though, it was getting kinda long. And I figured out what is going on with my love life, so that is pretty good as well. I will be going to the bike shop tonight, pick up the tools I need and finally get it together, I owe you guys some pictures.
I need to get a good set of cone wrenches. I finally broke down and bought a pedal wrench while on vacation.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
how is that different from the days you do "work"?

My bike has made it to Mammoth Mountain, CA. I will be joining it Saturday :thumb:

the difference will be that i will be able to drink beer, smoke a good cigar and actually do some fishing instead of taking people fishing entertaining them and rowing the boat for them.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
the difference will be that i will be able to drink beer, smoke a good cigar and actually do some fishing instead of taking people fishing entertaining them and rowing the boat for them.

Shut up! :nope:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Came home yesterday to a powerless house. Somebody up the road hit a power pole and fuzzed-out the electricity to the lower half of the road. They didn't get it fixed until later............and I mean LATER on in the night. Was sweating my ass off in bed when all of a sudden all of the lights in the house and the TV came on. Scared the shiznit out of me and Justine. I was glad to hear that air conditioning unit roar to life though........humid-ass nights in the South suck without A/C.

Managed to get a nice dinner cooked without electricity though just using the grill. Whooped up some wild salmon fillets in penne pasta with steamed broccoli and alfredo sauce. It was a rather nice evening with all the candles and everything....except for the opressive heat.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG came over last night to use our bike tools and bum dinner, but he didn't bring beer on account of traffic making access to the beer store very difficult. He owes us.

:monkey:

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Morning stosh,I was at work all nite when you called.How was your ride?
I am getting ready to head to N.C to visit my parents for 10 days,So if there is anyone here from New Bern N.C area i am bringing my urban bike,let me know

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

My co-workers suprised me last night with a really yummy Boston Cream cake. :think: I might have to finish it for breakfast so it does not sit in the frdige while I'm gone. :p

We are leaving for out trip now, I'll try to take lots of pictures. :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Lookin like a weekend ride is coming up. Workout tonight and a meeting with some other musicians to possibly form a group.

Weighed myself on Monday night, and was pleased to see I had lost 20 lbs. Now with the muscle building, which weighs more than fat retains some of the weight, means I in fact had lost more that 20lbs. of fat. So as far as fat weight lose, I would fathome to guess I dropped about 35 or so pounds. I figure to be 50 lbs. lighter at Christmas than I was in April when I started getting into shape. I have about another 30 to go.

Sound of “I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy…….it hurts....” In background :rolleyes:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning

Didn't get out to ride last night. I made myself go to my old apartment after work and try to finish cleaning it out. I plan to take much better care of this new place, as the old one got very messy and dusty by the end. I encountered this horendous smell in the freezer that I can't seem to get out. There wasn't even any food in it. Any tips would be appreciated as I don't want to be charged! I need my security deposit back so I can buy a road bike (damn, I've turned into such a bike-whore).

Other than that, Rob's home again (yay!) and after another day at work, it's off to Stewart with the Stoshman!! :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
sirknight6 said:
Lookin like a weekend ride is coming up. Workout tonight and a meeting with some other musicians to possibly form a group.

Weighed myself on Monday night, and was pleased to see I had lost 20 lbs. Now with the muscle building, which weighs more than fat retains some of the weight, means I in fact had lost more that 20lbs. of fat. So as far as fat weight lose, I would fathome to guess I dropped about 35 or so pounds. I figure to be 50 lbs. lighter at Christmas than I was in April when I started getting into shape. I have about another 30 to go.

Sound of “I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy…….it hurts....” In background :rolleyes:

Alright, man....I hear ya!! Keep it up. :cool:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
bluebug32 said:
so how did your girl dilema shake out?
Well I finally talked to G1, and we decided that it might be better off for now if we just pursued some sort of friendship. Granted I wish I could have her as a girlfriend, but it feels like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders knowing where she stands. She said a few other things indicating she still had feelings for me and that she "could see herself with me in the long run" but just wants to stay single right now. Whatever that means, but it doesn't really matter. Friends is what she wants, and friends is what she will get. Meanwhile I think I am going to give things a shot with G2. She still wants it, so I will see what goes on with her.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning everyone.

Biblical rain here yesterday, and probably today as well. We'vr allready had a couple of "hillbilly in a wash" episodes. One guy drove his truck and horse trailer into a wash. the trailer flipper over, pulled the car with it.

Azcentral

I've got to go see the doctor for the post concussion headaches I've been having. They gave me imetrex (sp?) and it helped some, but I can't keep using it forever.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:
Well I finally talked to G1, and we decided that it might be better off for now if we just pursued some sort of friendship. Granted I wish I could have her as a girlfriend, but it feels like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders knowing where she stands. She said a few other things indicating she still had feelings for me and that she "could see herself with me in the long run" but just wants to stay single right now. Whatever that means, but it doesn't really matter. Friends is what she wants, and friends is what she will get. Meanwhile I think I am going to give things a shot with G2. She still wants it, so I will see what goes on with her.
Cool. Glad it's all workin' out

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Reactor said:
Good morning everyone.

Biblical rain here yesterday, and probably today as well. We'vr allready had a couple of "hillbilly in a wash" episodes. One guy drove his truck and horse trailer into a wash. the trailer flipper over, pulled the car with it.

Azcentral

I've got to go see the doctor for the post concussion headaches I've been having. They gave me imetrex (sp?) and it helped some, but I can't keep using it forever.
Fairly nasty concussion you had then, correct?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
bluebug32 said:
Ouch! Is it bike related?

I was hit by a car, while riding in a bike lane, the car passed me with brakes on and turned immediately in front of me. Pedals didn't unclip, Head hit the stem , I went over the car and head hit the ground. Thank goodness I always wear a helmet, or it would have been produce section for me.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Reactor said:
I was hit by a car, while riding in a bike lane, the car passed me with brakes on and turned immediately in front of me. Pedals didn't unclip, Head hit the stem , I went over the car and head hit the ground. Thank goodness I always wear a helmet, or it would have been produce section for me.
wow, I'm sorry. when did this happen?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
robdamanii said:
Fairly nasty concussion you had then, correct?

I didn't have a mjor loss of conciousness (only a few seconds), but I immediately had nasuea, vertigo, and a sort of hung-over feeling. I also have grab bag of other symptoms, short term memory lapses, difficulty focusing, word finding problems, and this weird distorted feeling relating to my vision, ocassional stabbing pain in the eyes.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Reactor said:
I didn't have a mjor loss of conciousness (only a few seconds), but I immediately had nasuea, vertigo, and a sort of hung-over feeling. I also have grab bag of other symptoms, short term memory lapses, difficulty focusing, word finding problems, and this weird distorted feeling relating to my vision, ocassional stabbing pain in the eyes.
At least a second grade then. Sounds nasty.

Was this the one that the insurance company cut you a cheque for some ridiculous amount like 700 bucks for a 2K bike?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
robdamanii said:
At least a second grade then. Sounds nasty.

Was this the one that the insurance company cut you a cheque for some ridiculous amount like 700 bucks for a 2K bike?
$418, for a $2000 bike. I turned it down.. Insurance companies are the reason we need lawyers.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Reactor said:
$418, for a $2000 bike. I turned it down.. Insurance companies are the reason we need lawyers.
Indeed the truth. Although they are both the same kind of shark, just in a different pool. Gah...I fvcking HATE insurance companies for they way they just try to screw you repeatedly.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Mornin' Stosh...
I went for a nice long trail ride yesterday with a fellow monkey but was hampered by a serious case of DLS (dead leg syndrome) And unfortunatly I was out on the MKIII (awesome bike btw, but its a bit of overkill for a xc ride). Over here there is too much deep soft sand and a lot of flats. I was kicking myself the entire time for not rocking the Azure. :nuts:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
reactor, bummer about yr noggin. that sucks!

decent night last night...left work a bit later than i'd expected to (near 7), but rode home in about 33 min which i was happy w/ . cooked up a chipotle-covered pork chop (ran out of propane so had to finish it on the stove), stir-fried the rest of the bok choy and broccoli, and had some fresh corn.

then i farted around until 10:30 or so, when i got in the car and drove into cambridge to see Jason Molina's band (now called Magnolia Electric Company, fka Songs:Ohia). went by myself as i couldn't rouse any of my friends to go, but it was a good to great show and i'm glad i went. didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and chairing this morning's 8:30AM meeting kinda bit, but what can you do?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
narlus said:
reactor, bummer about yr noggin. that sucks!

decent night last night...left work a bit later than i'd expected to (near 7), but rode home in about 33 min which i was happy w/ . cooked up a chipotle-covered pork chop (ran out of propane so had to finish it on the stove), stir-fried the rest of the bok choy and broccoli, and had some fresh corn.

then i farted around until 10:30 or so, when i got in the car and drove into cambridge to see Jason Molina's band (now called Magnolia Electric Company, fka Songs:Ohia). went by myself as i couldn't rouse any of my friends to go, but it was a good to great show and i'm glad i went. didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and chairing this morning's 8:30AM meeting kinda bit, but what can you do?
The description of your gastrointestinal antics amuses me.

Can we not go a DAY without some kind of fart/poop/vomit talk?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
MMcG came over last night to use our bike tools and bum dinner, but he didn't bring beer on account of traffic making access to the beer store very difficult. He owes us.

:monkey:

Duly Noted - how about a growler from the new Brew Pub in Granby??