Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I got NOTHING to report today... oh wait, I did watch a movie last night called "A lot like love" or something like that. It's stars Judith from Saving Silverman... and Ashton Kutcher... it was a pretty good movie..

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
It's my wedding anniversary!! A lot of the old monkeys remember the day I got married!!! 3 years today, and am still very much in love as well as love her! My best friend!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
It's my wedding anniversary!! A lot of the old monkeys remember the day I got married!!! 3 years today, and am still very much in love as well as love her! My best friend!
Congrats man!!

Aubrey and I are trying to plan our wedding... it's um... not that much fun..... we're paying for it ourselves....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mornin

another step completed with the house buying.. my lawyer sent the contrat for revisons.. looks like everything else is falling into place.

congrats on 3 years sirknight... make sure you treat her like a queen

I hear ya stosh.. i was in the same boat 3 yrs ago.. fortunatly i was able to work a lot of o/t . we paid for it ourselves as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
mornin

another step completed with the house buying.. my lawyer sent the contrat for revisons.. looks like everything else is falling into place.

congrats on 3 years sirknight... make sure you treat her like a queen

I hear ya stosh.. i was in the same boat 3 yrs ago.. fortunatly i was able to work a lot of o/t . we paid for it ourselves as well.
See it's strange because her parents don't have any money and mine do... I mean if it was my sister's wedding everything would be taken care of. However they don't want to step on Aubrey's parent's toes. It's kind of a sticky situation....
Aubrey's parents said they would give us money but we can't really count on it.... We're trying to do it cheap but it's f'ing hard!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin...

Not a lot to report other than one of our state senators, Beverly Perdue cast the tiebreaking vote in favor of bringing the lottery to NC. Finally, we can stop contributing our money towards Virgina and South Carolina school systems and state projects and start contributing to our own. Sounds trivial, I know....but we're the only state left on the East Coast that doesn't have a lottery and we have been suffering from it for a very long time.

Other than that little tidbit of info., I guess I don't have a lot to report. I was going to order some cranks/bash/chainrings and a BB, but some stupid bills got in the way, so I'll have to wait until next pay period to do that. Building a bike gets expensive, no? :angry:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
Congrats man!!

Aubrey and I are trying to plan our wedding... it's um... not that much fun..... we're paying for it ourselves....

We did it the same way. And man can it get costly!

What was nice though is that we had the reception at our home. Sandy had a Hawaiian theme. We had it catered by a reputable mom and pop company that did awesome.

If you don'y have a house, use one of your parents. Great way to cut cost! :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
See it's strange because her parents don't have any money and mine do... I mean if it was my sister's wedding everything would be taken care of. However they don't want to step on Aubrey's parent's toes. It's kind of a sticky situation....
Aubrey's parents said they would give us money but we can't really count on it.... We're trying to do it cheap but it's f'ing hard!!!
her mom offered money to us.... what you really need to do is have them commit to an amount.. just so you know exactly what they are talking about.. have her talk to them and tell them that you need to know whwere you will fit financially. i am sure your parents will chip in as well

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
her mom offered money to us.... what you really need to do is have them commit to an amount.. just so you know exactly what they are talking about.. have her talk to them and tell them that you need to know whwere you will fit financially. i am sure your parents will chip in as well
She already did that, problem is what they say and what they do are not always the same.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Congrats man!!

Vegas baby!!

thru expedia.com:

Little Chapel of the Flowers Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony

Have your wedding ceremony in the most beautiful and private chapel in Las Vegas, located on the Strip! Wedding coordinators, photographers, limousine service, and a flower shop are all on site. Ministers will meet with you to help you personalize the ceremony. Get your wedding broadcast over the Internet for FREE More...http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=tsdt

Add item
Wedding ceremony Couples (18 & older) $394.99 each

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
We did it the same way. And man can it get costly!

What was nice though is that we had the reception at our home. Sandy had a Hawaiian theme. We had it catered by a reputable mom and pop company that did awesome.

If you don'y have a house, use one of your parents. Great way to cut cost! :thumb:
We were going to have it at the farm we live on with a tent. Thing is when you get a tent big enough for 150 people, port-a-johns, table, chairs, dance floor, it ends up costing a lot of money!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Vegas baby!!

thru expedia.com:

Little Chapel of the Flowers Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony

Have your wedding ceremony in the most beautiful and private chapel in Las Vegas, located on the Strip! Wedding coordinators, photographers, limousine service, and a flower shop are all on site. Ministers will meet with you to help you personalize the ceremony. Get your wedding broadcast over the Internet for FREE More...http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=tsdt

Add item
Wedding ceremony Couples (18 & older) $394.99 each
It's tempting man.....

My family is kind of old school so that wouldn't fly to well. Not that I care a lot what my parents think but IMO getting married is a big deal too....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys - back at work today after two days off with my sons......I should have taken the whole week off, although the weather kind of sucks out there right now.

Have discs and calipers installed on the hardtail - now all I need to do is run cable and housing and she'll be fully operational. :cool:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:

Just traveled down that road, my man. Your biggest enemy here, is a lack of communication. What we did, was get both sets of parents together and said "Look....this is what we want, we've done all the research, talked to all the people, have everything lined up, all we need is for you guys to come together and help us out with this--tradition be damned."

It worked out great.......split between the two families, the financial burden was much less impactful than it would have been had just one side of the family taken care of the wedding costs completely. Traditions are stupid sometimes and can get in the way of what's really important---you two!! So, get them together and hash it out. Do your research, come up with some solid numbers and present your findings......I think you'll be surprised to find out that Aubrey's parents will be a lot more receptive to this idea than what you would think as long as you communicate clearly the idea that the intention is not to step on any toes, but just to simply provide you(well....mostly Aubrey) with a fantastic day that everyone will remember for a long time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys - back at work today after two days off with my sons......I should have taken the whole week off, although the weather kind of sucks out there right now.

Have discs and calipers installed on the hardtail - now all I need to do is run cable and housing and she'll be fully operational. :cool:
which hardtail is this?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
You can always go small with the wedding. I think we had about thirty people at ours. The wedding was at a local garden and the reception in a cool little banquet room at a local restaurant. It was immediate family ( and two pushy aunts on my wife's side) and some friends. We sent out announcement cards after the wedding to the rest of the family (and by we I mean my wife).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
It's tempting man.....

My family is kind of old school so that wouldn't fly to well. Not that I care a lot what my parents think but IMO getting married is a big deal too....

well, unless they(family) are paying you two can do whatever you want to........

when the time comes, vegas is my plan..........of course I havent even had a 2nd date in a while, so I guess it really doesnt matter :blah:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
douglas said:
well, unless they(family) are paying you two can do whatever you want to........

when the time comes, vegas is my plan..........of course I havent even had a 2nd date in a while, so I guess it really doesnt matter :blah:
:D yeah.. i guess you have some time to ponder things

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I think a smaller more intimate wedding is better than vegas. I dont know how big you immediate family is but limit it to them and friends if anything . we invited 150, 122 came...
ids it traditional to give money at weddings by you?? you will get some of it back.. definately not all .. but more than half

Congrats on the wedding. Getting married is a huge deal. My wife and I did the magistrate wedding when we got married. So do yourself a favor and plan it right the way you want it. Screw everyone else.

As for today, I'll be out on the trail by around 3pm weather permitting. Anyone wants to join me, I'll be in Phenix City AL.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
ahh wed already, hope this week ends quickly. on a side note weddings are cheaper on a sunday because it is much easier to book a place, since most people dont get marriend on a sunday due to traveling time of guests.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :monkey:s

Ach, I hate this new font on the quick reply window.

Long day yesterday, even though I really didn't do a damn thing other than sit on the couch and play Xbox and surf monkey. Didn't sleep worth a damn last night, so today is going to be fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Just traveled down that road, my man. Your biggest enemy here, is a lack of communication. What we did, was get both sets of parents together and said "Look....this is what we want, we've done all the research, talked to all the people, have everything lined up, all we need is for you guys to come together and help us out with this--tradition be damned."

It worked out great.......split between the two families, the financial burden was much less impactful than it would have been had just one side of the family taken care of the wedding costs completely. Traditions are stupid sometimes and can get in the way of what's really important---you two!! So, get them together and hash it out. Do your research, come up with some solid numbers and present your findings......I think you'll be surprised to find out that Aubrey's parents will be a lot more receptive to this idea than what you would think as long as you communicate clearly the idea that the intention is not to step on any toes, but just to simply provide you(well....mostly Aubrey) with a fantastic day that everyone will remember for a long time.
I wish it was that easy.

When one family doesn't have money it makes it hard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:

bwahhhhhhhhhhh

So you gonna come down on the 10th of sept?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
I think a smaller more intimate wedding is better than vegas. I dont know how big you immediate family is but limit it to them and friends if anything . we invited 150, 122 came...
ids it traditional to give money at weddings by you?? you will get some of it back.. definately not all .. but more than half
yeah people will give us money but we're not counting on it. We're only doing what we can afford, we have about 150 people on our list and that is inviting almost none of our friends.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hola'! Did nothing last night. The wife is coming home from St. Louis tonight, that's a good thing. It's raining like a mutha here, but should clear up for the weekend. Hopefully I'll get to ride at some point.

With all this wedding talk I"ll add my $.02... My wife and I split our wedding in 1/3's between us, her parents and my parents. We had a "small" wedding with 75 people, and I think I ran us around $6k. Been married 7 1/2 years now. :)

My advice Stosh...if you're paying, do it the way YOU want it done. Don't cave to family demands/expectations on either side. First and foremost, the memories are yours to live with.

P.S. - I'll PM you my addy to send the invite to. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Hola'! Did nothing last night. The wife is coming home from St. Louis tonight, that's a good thing. It's raining like a mutha here, but should clear up for the weekend. Hopefully I'll get to ride at some point.

With all this wedding talk I"ll add my $.02... My wife and I split our wedding in 1/3's between us, her parents and my parents. We had a "small" wedding with 75 people, and I think I ran us around $6k. Been married 7 1/2 years now. :)

My advice Stosh...if you're paying, do it the way YOU want it done. Don't cave to family demands/expectations on either side. First and foremost, the memories are yours to live with.

P.S. - I'll PM you my addy to send the invite to. ;)
Yeah well it's hard to do it as 1/3 for each party involved when one party can't afford 1/3.

Both Aubrey and myself have large families that we are close with... it would be hard to have only 75 people.

J

JRB

stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I got NOTHING to report today... oh wait, I did watch a movie last night called "A lot like love" or something like that. It's stars Judith from Saving Silverman... and Ashton Kutcher... it was a pretty good movie..
Prepare to be chastized by Lisa for a long goddamn time.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Wednesday! Another beautiful day out, another beautiful ride planned for after work. WOOHOO!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The remnants of Katrina are supposed to be working their way though the northeast today and tonight. Tornado and severe weather watches have been issued. Fun fun!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I want to.........(but its not looking like I will be able to)
Dude... you're gonna miss a good time!!!

Anybody seen Crazy Sweeper lately?