Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome bike ride yesterday. I hit up some old trails I had forgotten about.
Aghhh it was so beautiful out last night!!

Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Little homework, some class, work. The usual. Started up the gym routine last night for this upcoming year. Does anyone know how to considerably strengthen one side of your body? My left arm/pecs/shoulder is quite a bit weaker than the right side and is essentially holding me back quite a bit. On the bench and other exercises my right arm can lift the weight easily enough while the left lags and as a result I cannot do as many reps or as high a weight as I should be. Please try to keep the "shoulda switched off more as a kid" comments to a minimum.

EDIT: So last night I go to true my front wheel. I noticed that the rim was not holding the bead near the valve. So I deflate, reseat it, and inflate, but the rim is still not holding the bead. So I decide, alright, tomorrow I will fix everything. But I did not get that chance as a short while later I heard the tell tale psssssst noise followed by a flat front tire. Dammit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning , Had a Nice commute ride in today. will have to ride home, then Meeting Berkshire_rider and IF_rider for a ride at Plumbers crack tonight.
Sounds messy!!

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Morning!

No, I did not get a chance to ride last night. The wife's aunt and uncle were in town so we had to make an appearance.....probably won't get to ride tonight either, but I'm pretty sure I'll spend a few hours on the beach tonight trying to land a 50 lb. striper!!!!! (crosses fingers)
Up next 3 straight classes, so no more posts for me!!!!
Happy freakin' Humpday everyone!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Senôr Lopez said:
Morning!

No, I did not get a chance to ride last night. The wife's aunt and uncle were in town so we had to make an appearance.....probably won't get to ride tonight either, but I'm pretty sure I'll spend a few hours on the beach tonight trying to land a 50 lb. striper!!!!! (crosses fingers)
Up next 3 straight classes, so no more posts for me!!!!
Happy freakin' Humpday everyone!
Where do you live again?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin all!!!!!

I feel very accomplished. I had to wash/regrease my bike after the century, it was making all sorts of noises. After washing it i decided to take it completely apart. I whipped out the tools and took everything off, cleaned all those hard to reach spots.. regreased everything i could get grease on. about 4 hrs later i had it back together.. what a difference!!! Once winter comes i will go through each bike and do the same.. its been a while since i did it .. but its def worth it!!!!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all had my huge job interview, this was my third one with the company...meeting with the big guns this time :help:...

Thought everything went very well 2.5 out of 4 people told me i was perfect for the job and very high up on the list in the hiring pool. 1 of the interviewers was the CIO of the company and i think :think: everything went well...but it was very hard to get a feel for him.

stressing out hardcore...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Where do you live again?

Read the post again, noob!! :nuts:

3 straight classes so no more posts for him. :eviltongu

With the fishing conditions he describes in previous posts, I would be inclined to think that he was close to the Mass./Cape Cod area shoreline. Most of the striper sizes he mentions encompass those areas......but it could be further south as well. Those sizes don't really show up here, down south until cooler weather and water temps prevail near November thru February.

We finally got some rain yesterday. First time in like, over a month and a half. I immediately went out after work and began packing in all my dirt jumps that had, for the most part, turned into powder jumps over the summer. Nice to have muddy boots for a change....the dirt was perfect for shaping. Came home and consumed several beers and chowed-down on some stir-fry. Checked out the new episode of "House" and hit the bed. Had some really strange dreams.....really strange. Kinda freaked me out, strange. :evil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - did a short ride on the Surly last night, did some bike work, surfed the mtb forums a bit, chatted with Splat a little, put a cage on Liam's hockey helmet and went to bed.

I feel like this week is dragging big time though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much going on... didn't get to ride last night as Renae had to go to calling hours for a guy she used to work with. Emma's second day of preschool is today, and her first dance class is tonight... so she should be long past exhausted by the time she gets home. I'll be riding while everyone else is at dance - woohoo!

Our front walk is done, and we had 20 tons of topsoil dumped yesterday. Gee - I wonder what I'll be doing this weekend. That's ok though... the front of the house is really starting to look like something.

I think that's it for now.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MMcG said:
Morning - did a short ride on the Surly last night, did some bike work, surfed the mtb forums a bit, chatted with Splat a little, put a cage on Liam's hockey helmet and went to bed.

I feel like this week is dragging big time though.
i am assuming Liam has to wear a full face???You got a metal cage?? most kids prefer the Itech plastic ones

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hooples3 said:
i am assuming Liam has to wear a full face???You got a metal cage?? most kids prefer the Itech plastic ones
He'll be playing Squirt Travel this year - he had a CCM helmet with mask combo last year. Got him a new CCM 852 lide and put the old mask onto the new helmet - fit perfect. Cage = no fogging up and they make em pretty comfy now.

I used to wear an Itech shield when I played, but I think if I had to do it all over again I'd go with a cage instead. They are really light now and the visibility has improved with the newer cages too in my opinion.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning....my week has just begun as I'm back from 4 days off and working from today through Sunday. Didn't do much yesterday, ran some errands, etc... Had a SMBA meeting last night where we held elections for the 2006 club officers. There was some controversy and a few shake-ups, it should be interesting to see what the coming years holds in store for us. Planning on riding Friday after work.

That's about it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning....my week has just begun as I'm back from 4 days off and working from today through Sunday. Didn't do much yesterday, ran some errands, etc... Had a SMBA meeting last night where we held elections for the 2006 club officers. There was some controversy and a few shake-ups, it should be interesting to see what the coming years holds in store for us. Planning on riding Friday after work.

That's about it.
Ooooh.....shake-ups and controversy - give us the lowdown. ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
Larkfest is a good time!! I'll be down there on Sat. before the Rolling Stones concert. Wow, between the two, downtown Albany's going to be crazy on Sat.

hmmm.

I think I need to hit downtown Sat. night - should be plenty of drunk chicks roaming around :blah:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
hooples3 said:
me too!!!! this is my most favorite time to ride.. exept yesterday 90 degrees and humid!!!!

I love the smell of the forest, the wind, the way I can ride along a ridge and still see wildflowers, yet there is snow on the mountains...the cooler temps, the way the light looks in the evening....ahhhhhhhh

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all!!! Busy day yesterday and hopefully a little less busy today. Rode to the club meeting last night (actually 12 miles on the road to the trail head to meet up with Sq-Earl) on my XC Bike and managed to pass a roadie on a nice Bianchi....:p I made it in just under 45 minutes and that was taking it pretty easy (didn't want to get the heart rate up too high). Elections were interesting and I am curious to see how the dynamic of the club and meetings changes as a result of our new officers. I definitely believe that change is good so I am sure things will continue to progress well for our club.

Not sure what's on deck for today afterwork, but I am sure it will be fun with the near 90 degree temps and high humidity. I am just lucky my classroom is still relatively cool.