Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
That is exactly the same problem that I had a little while ago, well, except for the smoke part. Mine would turn on but kicked me into the BIOS rather than booting up. Turned out it was the mobo. I replaced it with a higher quality ASUS and the problem has since gone away. I suggest you try that before you dump a lot of money into a new computer. Sometimes those things just go like that.
Thats probably what I"m gonna do. I'm going to buy a new mobo, maybe a new processor and some new RAM.

I fear the USB ports on the front of the case Shorted out and caused the MOBO to F' up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I dont know if it could be described as "one hell of a job" I think this process is pretty damn extensive...im just super stressed because i would actually like going to work if i got it...

i mean what do you guys think, if they called to talk about salary, and ask how i felt after the last interview...sounds pretty good? Or no?

seems pretty odd to me that its this involved unless it was a gig paying $250k or more a year
& with all the interviewing you already did, no one mentioned $$ ??

I'd be like, listen dillhole do you want to hire me or not...gosh

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
right, I here ya, as I would strive for the same thing. Unfortunately, we tend to hear about the bigger places before the small (they tend to advertise with us), but I'll keep my ears open. I wish I could be of more help. Are you looking for something outdoors still?
Yeah... actually I was looking thru some places on the link you sent me and this looks really cool

http://www.hudsonvalleyresort.com/weddingPackage.cfm?package=7

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
yeah I built my own last winter and it ran well for a while then recently it crapped out.
I'm debating wether to replace the motherboard and processor or buy a whole new Dell or something.
I dont get why so many people spend so much $$ or time on new computers, unless they do a lot of some crazy system resource hogging programs

I spent $320 or so on a new box, over 2 years ago - & it stills works great/fast enough for what I do at home

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Doug, I have a question for you. On your road bike, is there a way to adjust the main brake (I have 2 sets, one on the bar and one on the drop/shifter) and one brake doesn't snap back into it's original place after it's pulled like the other one does. I tried to adjust the cable, but it's still doing it. any suggestions?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I dont get why so many people spend so much $$ or time on new computers, unless they do a lot of some crazy system resource hogging programs

I spent $320 or so on a new box, over 2 years ago - & it stills works great/fast enough for what I do at home
I run Autocad at home and play video games.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Doug, I have a question for you. On your road bike, is there a way to adjust the main brake (I have 2 sets, one on the bar and one on the drop/shifter) and one brake doesn't snap back into it's original place after it's pulled like the other one does. I tried to adjust the cable, but it's still doing it. any suggestions?
WRONG FORUM!!!!

:)

Just kidding discuss away!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:

Hmm, sounds like a frayed brake cable, or is the cable housing have a sharp bend ....maybe something needs to be lubed??

ps: I dont know squat about road bikes

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bluebug32 said:
are you and aubrey agreeing about the type of wedding (food etc) you want? I would think that would be difficult.
Really. Most guys I know could care less about what type of anything goes on at their weddings. The guys responsibility in a wedding is to make sure their is an open bar and to keep things as cheap as possible.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
bluebug32 said:

Try loosening the bolt that attaches the brake to the frame and recentering the brake.

Remember that you don't need to crank down on bolts to get them tight enough. It isn't that difficult to strip something out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
are you and aubrey agreeing about the type of wedding (food etc) you want? I would think that would be difficult.
Actually I think Aubrey wants more of that type of wedding than myself.

I'll have to see though, we were hoping for a longer bar time.
It's an interesting idea though.

I would probably go for all the options though.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Really. Most guys I know could care less about what type of anything goes on at their weddings. The guys responsibility in a wedding is to make sure their is an open bar and to keep things as cheap as possible.
How many weddings have you planned?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Actually I think Aubrey wants more of that type of wedding than myself.

I'll have to see though, we were hoping for a longer bar time.
It's an interesting idea though.

I would probably go for all the options though.....
So you want to stray from the traditional? I totally agree. some of the traditions are nice, but some seem kind of outdated.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
None, the post was a joke.
I realise that but we're paying for every penny of our wedding so of course it's both of our jobs to get the most bang for our buck. Since this WE are paying for it that means that it's up to BOTH of us to take care of the planning as well.
Plus I'm a better planner than her... :) Don't ever tell her I said that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
So you want to stray from the traditional? I totally agree. some of the traditions are nice, but some seem kind of outdated.
We're molding tradition to our liking/budget.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:

including me, well except the cheap part being her rents were footing the bill.

But I did plan/pay for the honeymoon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
including me, well except the cheap part being her rents were footing the bill.

But I did plan/pay for the honeymoon.
Wait, you were married?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stosh said:
It seemed like something on the MOBO shorted out.. not sure what did it I caught it out of the corner of my eye and I saw the smoke rising.

Even before the happened something was wrong because the computer would turn on but I couldn't get it to boot up.
A batch (about a million) of bad capacitors got onto the marked about a 12-24 months ago. They were used to build motherboards and other computer equipment. The cap heats up, builds pressure and then pops on the motherboard. Dell, for example, got a bunch of them on the GX270 machines. You might be able to get the motherboard vendor to replace it for free.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Reactor said:
A batch (about a million) of bad capacitors got onto the marked about a 12-24 months ago. They were used to build motherboards and other computer equipment. The cap heats up, builds pressure and then pops on the motherboard. Dell, for example, got a bunch of them on the GX270 machines. You might be able to get the motherboard vendor to replace it for free.
Yeah I was tossing that idea around....
I may still do that.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
That last girl you were with was just your GF correct?
yup

I was married, then divorced, then lived w/a crazy red head for a while, then single for a bit, then lived w/"That last girl" for a while, and now single for a bit........

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
yup

I was married, then divorced, then lived w/a crazy red head for a while, then single for a bit, then lived w/"That last girl" for a while, and now single for a bit........
Yikes... never knew that!
How long were you married for?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I just got a raise and a promotion. What a great day! :D
Wow, thats awesome! Congrats!
Now you can buy more bike stuff!! :D

So do you get anual reviews or something?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
narlus said:
what time did you start? or is it a blistering pace before the sun sets?

met at the park n ride next town over from me, 5:30p start time.....they give you a map w/the route and were told about a shortcut back if it got dark....

about a mile in on the 1st hill, I looked back & realized we (6 of us) already dropped everyone, we stayed at a quick pace (for me) and ended up w/a over 19 mph avg....I chatted a bit after the ride, and ended up riding back home in the dark

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Wow, thats awesome! Congrats!
Now you can buy more bike stuff!! :D

So do you get anual reviews or something?
Yup, and it was done by our kind of hard-ass editor too. She started out by really complimenting a piece of my writing and then asked me to come into her office

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Yup, and it was done by our kind of hard-ass editor too. She started out by really complimenting a piece of my writing and then asked me to come into her office
Wow thats great!!
So you gonna stay there for a while or what?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I agree with you this week is really flying by fast....or maybe I just feel that way because I have tons of stuff to get done at work before I leave for Vegas. :think:

Last night we watched Crash...which I thought was a pretty good movie...other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I agree with you this week is really flying by fast....or maybe I just feel that way because I have tons of stuff to get done at work before I leave for Vegas. :think:

Last night we watched Crash...which I thought was a pretty good movie...other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)
What are you doing in Vegas?