Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Man this week has been going by fast for some reason.
We're going to look at a hall for our wedding tonight. They don't have the date available we wanted but we're going to check out the place and see if it's worth changing the date we picked.

Have a great day everybody!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Man this week has been going by fast for some reason.
We're going to look at a hall for our wedding tonight. They don't have the date available we wanted but we're going to check out the place and see if it's worth changing the date we picked.

Have a great day everybody!

Well......you've got the ball rolling now. That's the first step----now, have you got that honeymoon nailed down yet? :)

Things are good today........My body couldn't take anymore sleepless nights and finally crashed and burned last night. It was the basic equivalent of passing out without being drunk. Justine said I was speaking gibberish for a few minutes and then just konked-out. Got about six hours of sleep and I feel much better.

Came in to work this morning to find two new puppies the mama-dog that's been hanging around our plant gave birth to during the night. Cute little fellas---all fuzzy and such. We're trying to get them into the local animal shelter(no euthanasia performed there) so they'll have a better chance than on the street.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Well......you've got the ball rolling now. That's the first step----now, have you got that honeymoon nailed down yet? :)

Things are good today........My body couldn't take anymore sleepless nights and finally crashed and burned last night. It was the basic equivalent of passing out without being drunk. Justine said I was speaking gibberish for a few minutes and then just konked-out. Got about six hours of sleep and I feel much better.

Came in to work this morning to find two new puppies the mama-dog that's been hanging around our plant gave birth to during the night. Cute little fellas---all fuzzy and such. We're trying to get them into the local animal shelter(no euthanasia performed there) so they'll have a better chance than on the street.
We're thinking Costa Rica but we're waiting to hear back from my uncle the travel agent to confirm that the location we've picked would be the best for what we want.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Im supposed to go for a ride tonight but i forgot to charge my light
I'm hoping on going for a ride tomorrow night... I don't own lights so my rides usually last about 45min this time of year. Oh well better than nothing!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
We're thinking Costa Rica but we're waiting to hear back from my uncle the travel agent to confirm that the location we've picked would be the best for what we want.
Costa Rica is a good choice. Actually our first choice as well, but the time we were going to be there was the height of their rainy season......So we settled for the white sand, clear water, and cold beer of Mexico. Win/win. :)

Were y'all thinking of the Arenal volcano area inland, or closer to the coast?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Costa Rica is a good choice. Actually our first choice as well, but the time we were going to be there was the height of their rainy season......So we settled for the white sand, clear water, and cold beer of Mexico. Win/win. :)

Were y'all thinking of the Arenal volcano area inland, or closer to the coast?
My good buddy George (aka Hooples) told us about this place.

http://www.paradisusplayaconchal.com/suites.htm

Aubrey and I are really looking for an all inclusive type of place where there is things to do but we don't have to do a damn thing if we don't want to.

We're looking to go in the middle/end of Aug.
We've tenatively set a wedding date for Aug 12th.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - went to Liam's hockey practice last night. They should have a good team. Last year I helped coach his team, but this year there are three other guys who've been involved in the organization longer than us, and they are coaching. It feels kind of weird to just be a regular parent in the stands. I like to coach and I like to try to teach kids the finer points of the game.

Stosh - did you receive the riser bar and the stem yet? If so, did you try them out with your fork and bike?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
I'm hoping on going for a ride tomorrow night... I don't own lights so my rides usually last about 45min this time of year. Oh well better than nothing!
Man stosh you dont know what you are missing...night time in september is so nice. Its cool and the trails are in good shape. Do yourself a favor, and save up for an HID and let er rip.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
So i am still in the process of interviewing, and after 2 4 hour interview sessions that spanned 2.5 months, they called me back monday to talk about "salary" requirements... I guess it looks pretty good, they said i should here back today or tomorrow. :crossyourfingersformemonkey:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Rode some street last night. Totally out of my element there, but hey, I'm just learning. I have a whole school year to get better. Probably hit up the streets again tonight. Work pretty much all day, and then the statics test tonight from 5-7. Who does that, seriously...that means that the dining common will stop serving dinner and I will have to get something esle somewhere. Damn that teacher.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
So i am still in the process of interviewing, and after 2 4 hour interview sessions that spanned 2.5 months, they called me back monday to talk about "salary" requirements... I guess it looks pretty good, they said i should here back today or tomorrow. :crossyourfingersformemonkey:
Damn, homey...they've been dragging this out for awhile, right? This must be one hell of a job---

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Man stosh you dont know what you are missing...night time in september is so nice. Its cool and the trails are in good shape. Do yourself a favor, and save up for an HID and let er rip.
I need to buy a computer first, mine caught on fire last night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - went to Liam's hockey practice last night. They should have a good team. Last year I helped coach his team, but this year there are three other guys who've been involved in the organization longer than us, and they are coaching. It feels kind of weird to just be a regular parent in the stands. I like to coach and I like to try to teach kids the finer points of the game.

Stosh - did you receive the riser bar and the stem yet? If so, did you try them out with your fork and bike?
Nope they didn't come yet. I assume they'll be there today.
I'll let you know as soon as I know.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Greyhound said:
Damn, homey...they've been dragging this out for awhile, right? This must be one hell of a job---
I dont know if it could be described as "one hell of a job" I think this process is pretty damn extensive...im just super stressed because i would actually like going to work if i got it...

i mean what do you guys think, if they called to talk about salary, and ask how i felt after the last interview...sounds pretty good? Or no?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all!!! This week is certainly going fast! Going out to dinner tonight for my brother's anniversary...not sure where yet though, but we know it's at 6pm (typical of their planning). Had to have a "discussion" with the teacher I share a room with already. She NEVER cleans up after the orchestra students and I refuse to cover for her this year! I doubt that this "discussion" will fix the problem (as it never has in the past) but we'll see!

Greyhound: Glad to hear you got some much needed rest!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeah I built my own last winter and it ran well for a while then recently it crapped out.
I'm debating wether to replace the motherboard and processor or buy a whole new Dell or something.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
yeah I built my own last winter and it ran well for a while then recently it crapped out.
I'm debating wether to replace the motherboard and processor or buy a whole new Dell or something.
Stick with your own creations. So far the 4 built computers that our household has far and away outperform the ones we have bought. Our old Compaq **** the bed after 2 years, the HP sucked straight out of the box. Building them up is the way to go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Polandspring88 said:
Stick with your own creations. So far the 4 built computers that our household has far and away outperform the ones we have bought. Our old Compaq **** the bed after 2 years, the HP sucked straight out of the box. Building them up is the way to go.
given that stosh built one up that CAUGHT FIRE i would say that this is poor advice :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Toshi said:
given that stosh built one up that CAUGHT FIRE i would say that this is poor advice :D
Other than overclock everything he has, leave out the heatsink, not hook up the fans, and run as many programs as he could at the same time, many of which are graphically intensive...I have no idea how it could have caught fire. Power surge? Incendiary device?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Morning, Stosh. What date are you looking at for the wedding? Have you looked at the smaller places that have outdoor stuff (not the big names like Mohonk that everyone thinks of)? For example, Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie is absolutely gorgeous and has a magnificent view of the river. They also have a brand new center and I think they do catered events. These are the kind of places that people don't think about and are probably cheaper. That's the bad thing about this area; people will come from all over the country to get married here and book at least a year in advance.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning, Stosh. What date are you looking at for the wedding? Have you looked at the smaller places that have outdoor stuff (not the big names like Mohonk that everyone thinks of)? For example, Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie is absolutely gorgeous and has a magnificent view of the river. They also have a brand new center and I think they do catered events. These are the kind of places that people don't think about and are probably cheaper. That's the bad thing about this area; people will come from all over the country to get married here and book at least a year in advance.
The place we are going is actually pretty neat! It is smaller and does have a nice big out door deck that looks out on to the hudson valley.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
manhattanprjkt83 said:

Good luck! They've really taken a long time with this process!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Other than overclock everything he has, leave out the heatsink, not hook up the fans, and run as many programs as he could at the same time, many of which are graphically intensive...I have no idea how it could have caught fire. Power surge? Incendiary device?
It seemed like something on the MOBO shorted out.. not sure what did it I caught it out of the corner of my eye and I saw the smoke rising.

Even before the happened something was wrong because the computer would turn on but I couldn't get it to boot up.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I wish you knew more places around here. We went to keep it close to home so a minimal amount of driving is required.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
It seemed like something on the MOBO shorted out.. not sure what did it I caught it out of the corner of my eye and I saw the smoke rising.

Even before the happened something was wrong because the computer would turn on but I couldn't get it to boot up.
That is exactly the same problem that I had a little while ago, well, except for the smoke part. Mine would turn on but kicked me into the BIOS rather than booting up. Turned out it was the mobo. I replaced it with a higher quality ASUS and the problem has since gone away. I suggest you try that before you dump a lot of money into a new computer. Sometimes those things just go like that.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning monkeys. Got out last ngith for a short (but much needed) ride. Spent about 1.5 hours on some local trails with the lights. :) Today it's another day home with my daughter until I take her to school and then down to the LBS to pick up my new frame. Tonight....there's only one thing on the the schedule...

LOST Season Premier!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I know! My frame of reference is more up here. I'm still trying to get used to Ulster County. I'll let you know if I stumble upon anything. Have you checked out www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com ?
We're trying to avoid mainstream shops and locations.
Thanks for the link I'll see if it doesn't give me any ideas.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
We're trying to avoid mainstream shops and locations.
Thanks for the link I'll see if it doesn't give me any ideas.
right, I here ya, as I would strive for the same thing. Unfortunately, we tend to hear about the bigger places before the small (they tend to advertise with us), but I'll keep my ears open. I wish I could be of more help. Are you looking for something outdoors still?