Quantcast

~~ Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Quiet night last night. Kelley is out of town on business until Fri. so the kid and I went out to eat at Applebee's and then home to relax. After I got her to bed, I assembled what I currently have of the new bike. And I must say, it's ghetto fabulous! :D I'd post a pic, but the photo gallery seems to be having issues this morning... :confused: I'm off until Sat., but there's nothing much on tap for today. Gotta drop my daughter off at school and then run to the LBS for some misc. parts.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
GM!

Awesone afterwork ride yesterday with the Skookum :D Rode on my first single track in over 8 weeks :dancing: Arm felt great, way better than I expected! Can't wait for another ride tomorrow :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
GM!

Awesone afterwork ride yesterday with the Skookum :D Rode on my first single track in over 8 weeks :dancing: Arm felt great, way better than I expected! Can't wait for another ride tomorrow :thumb:
thats great!
How long did you ride for?
Your boyfriend ever get his MKIII figured out?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
rockland, what's yr beef(s) w/ the FXR? i always thought that would be a tits bike.

had an awesome night last night...went to the Topsfield Fair w/ the family. the kids had a blast! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
rockland, what's yr beef(s) w/ the FXR? i always thought that would be a tits bike.

had an awesome night last night...went to the Topsfield Fair w/ the family. the kids had a blast! :thumb:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stosh said:
thats great!
How long did you ride for?
Your boyfriend ever get his MKIII figured out?
We rode on the road for a couple miles then ducked into the trails. I'm not sure of the milage but prolly about an hour worth of riding :D

Ya, he had the linkage things rebuild from IH. It was doing okay, but then he blew up the rear shock! :mumble:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :monkey:s

I am currently supposed to be in class, but I am NOT, and I'm tearing my hair out trying to deal with my health insurance company, to get a goddamned allergy script filled. I HATE these motherfvckers. I want to bite their goddamned face.

On a side note, I'm trying to relax just a bit....

No ride last night. Maybe one tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
We rode on the road for a couple miles then ducked into the trails. I'm not sure of the milage but prolly about an hour worth of riding :D

Ya, he had the linkage things rebuild from IH. It was doing okay, but then he blew up the rear shock! :mumble:
I got the parts from IH and I still have play in the rear suspension.
Do you know what linkages were replaced?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
is your name rockland?
Yes, yes it is! It's amazing that you would have know my name is Rockland even though I usually go by my screen name Stosh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning :monkey:s

I am currently supposed to be in class, but I am NOT, and I'm tearing my hair out trying to deal with my health insurance company, to get a goddamned allergy script filled. I HATE these motherfvckers. I want to bite their goddamned face.

On a side note, I'm trying to relax just a bit....

No ride last night. Maybe one tonight.
I hate dealing the customer service in most companies.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
robdamanii said:
<snip>

Well, if you'd quit being such a wuss and just kick the allergies....... :rolleyes: :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stosh said:
I got the parts from IH and I still have play in the rear suspension.
Do you know what linkages were replaced?
Uh, the ones that move :confused: Sorry, I'm very unbike savy. I'll him and let ya know. I'm not surprised you still have play in the rear(hehehe) he is still constantly adjusting the back.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
I hate dealing the customer service in most companies.
Godfvckingdamnit, every time they transfer me to premiums I get hung up on. I want these people to just drink a fifth of vodka and drunk drive into a crackhouse. ARGH!

SkaredShtles said:
Well, if you'd quit being such a wuss and just kick the allergies....... :rolleyes: :D
Show me how and I'll do it. At this point I'm ready to snuff Chlorox Cleanup up my nose to kill EVERYTHING up there.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:

You asked for it: Where do I start? The Curnutt shock has been a pain. I'm not small - 6' 200 lb. So I am running the stiffest ti spring they have available, 550 lb/in. The sag is still over what should be optimum. Unless I crank in the preload, but this leads into the next problem. The range of reb damping avail is not enough if you run the stiffer springs. Mine is cranked way to the slow end, and is still too fast. If I run a bunch of spring preload it compounds the situation because of the increased spring force the reb needs to deal with on the extension of stroke. So I run minimal preload, and crank up the bottoming resistance & air pressure. I destroyed the body of the shock in the first 3 months I had it. That particular eyelet of the shock sees alot of rotation through the travel of the bike. The bushing wore out in an amazingly short period of time. Normaly I good w/ keeping up on wear & watching out for worn bushings and bearings. Also the reducers in this eyelet of the shock were a 2 piece alu setup = junk. This wear resulted in a couple of not so unexpected results, ovalized shock eyelet & bent shock bolt. I had the shock rebuilt, which since it's prop. to foes needed to go all the way to Cali. When it came back there were some improvements I was glad they incorporated: o-ring sealed bushing & 1 piece steel eyelet pin.
My FXR is an '03. This means the tire clearance is crap. By far this is my biggest beef w/ the frame. It's not side to side clearance that is the problem, it's vertical clearance @ the seatstay-bridge part of the swing arm. I've got a 2.0" Mich back there and it almost touches. I don't care what they say, this had to have been a design oversight. It's unexcusable as far as I'm concerned. It's a bike for 160 lb riders in sunny mud free climates. Also the rear end of my bike has "sprung" (I'll take credit for this - prob abuse related) it now measures over 140 mm drop-drop. Oh and the der hanger is made of warm butter. I'm on my 6th. It mounts to the inside surface of the dropout. It just lives to bend inward with the slighest force.

:) All smiles here.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SkaredShtles said:
Just deny the allergies. They say that the power of the mind is a powerful thing....... :p
Actually, I havee had some luck with that...willing m allergies away. I didn't want to have to live my days taking a pill so I wouldn't sneeze. It's tough, but I manage. Mold sucks though...tough allergy 'cause it everywhere!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all...beautiful day outside and here I am stuck inside with the little monkeys that I teach! I am teaching a Professional Development course for teachers afterschool on Wednesdays so I don't get home until late too so I will be spinning inside tonight :(

Doug - sloppy joes for dinner...sounds good to me so I guess that's what I'll make tonight. Thanks for the idea :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TreeSaw said:
Actually, I havee had some luck with that...willing m allergies away. I didn't want to have to live my days taking a pill so I wouldn't sneeze. It's tough, but I manage. Mold sucks though...tough allergy 'cause it everywhere!
You know - there isn't so much mold out here where it's warm, dry, and sunny all the time. ;)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all!!!!

had my first game of the my new basketball season.. I cut out of work for a bit to play. I was feeling kinda rusty at first since i never play anymore. eventually i got into my groove. we wound up killing te other team so there wasnt to much pressure to perform. I wound updropping 15 with a few 3's in there.. all in all its good to be back on the court . I am looking forward to next week.
actually what made my night is 3 memebers of the oppsite talking $h*t while they were down 20 points... I just dont get it.

Tonight (at work ) I am gonna pull apart my crank and lube it up.. sounds kinda kinky if you ask me..

enjoy the day!!!!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
bluebug32 said:
Great! Thanks! Would I have a difficult time finding my way around?
Nope, not at all. The map on the wmba site hels as well. Great place to ride - typical east coast rocks & roots. No killer climbs, but a ton of up & down riding.