Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Got my wireless internet up and running last night. I also made a delicious polish recipe called Halushki for dinner.

Hope ya all have a great day.

Today is also my first day going to a gym. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Neuro was cancelled today. I'm sitting here and outlining more of our neuro notes instead. I have no life.

Grr. I hate this week.
How's the house coming?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up stosh, monkeys

not to much going on today .. hopefully.
went for a nice urban night ride last night.. came home exhausted.. hoping to do the same tonight.. I love this weather

Stosh how did you get the wireless to work???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
god bless you
BTW, all I had to do was reset the cable router to get my wireless to work.

I didn't want to do that until I was sure it wouldn't reset all my cable settings. Also Aubrey needs the net for her class work so I was very cautious about screwing anything up. Thanks for the advice!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Found out grade number 2 last night. Got an A in the other history class, so that makes an A and a B so far. Too bad I have no idea when that meddlesome statics teacher will post her grades yet. They really must be terrible if she is taking this long to try and salvage points. Then again she was a really slow grader. Oh well.

I am off to Vietnam to ride. God I love having a week off.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning monkeys. Not much on my plate today.

good luck tonight stosh, remember don't push yourself too hard; it's supposed to be fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning monkeys. Not much on my plate today.

good luck tonight stosh, remember don't push yourself too hard; it's supposed to be fun.
Part of the reason I joined the Y is becuase they have Volleyball leagues, pickup basketball games, a pool, racquetball, and spin classes.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin', gym-boy!

Made some good progress on my new logride stunt yesterday. Got a new chain on the saw and she really cut like buttah! Flat-top on the old oak tree, the old oak tree, in one pass. I know I said I would give the trails a break for a day or two, but I just couldn't resist getting out there on such a beautiful day. Justine has been working late all this week, so I've been Bobby Flay the gourmet with dinner--in honor of the state fair starting this week, we had grilled Italian sausages with peppers and onions! Woo-hoo! A couple of my bell pepper plants grew too close to my habenero peppers this year which produced an interesting crossover between the two--bell pepper with a little heat to it! Very tasty. Messed around on the computer after dinner and then checked out the new episode of "Boston Legal" on ABC. I love that show---Shatner, need I say more?

Anyways....today is going good so far. Early day though...got here at 6am, so I know it's gonna start dragging around mid-morning. We have a Freeride/DH club meeting this evening, so I'm gonna check that out and quaff a few adult beverages.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
good for you Stosh. Something you and Aubrey should do that I didn't do, and I kind of regret now is take pictures of yourselves in beach clothes and do the same in a few months. I have pics from when I was fat but I really wish I had an intentional before photo to compare to me now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
good for you Stosh. Something you and Aubrey should do that I didn't do, and I kind of regret now is take pictures of yourselves in beach clothes and do the same in a few months. I have pics from when I was fat but I really wish I had an intentional before photo to compare to me now.
Seriously, I don't really care if I lose weight. I'm going so I dont' feel like I'm sitting on my a$$ at home all the time. The weight thing will be a nice perk.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - going to the post office in a few minutes to send Mr Tiles his stinky five.

Some Bontrager wheels arrived at my apartment last nite - they are in great condition and I'm stoked about em. :cool:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
How's the house coming?
One room is 3/4 floored. Most of the stuff is moved in and put in place. The pool is closed for the winter. Only a few other things that need to be done really. Next project will be ripping up the carpet in the living room/dining room and replacing that with hardwood floors.

I'd also like to do some finishing in the basement, such as a drop ceiling, some paint, some walls around the structural pillars, and some carpet to make a nice room for the pool table.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - going to the post office in a few minutes to send Mr Tiles his stinky five.

Some Bontrager wheels arrived at my apartment last nite - they are in great condition and I'm stoked about em. :cool:
I liked the bontrager wheels I got Aubrey for her bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
One room is 3/4 floored. Most of the stuff is moved in and put in place. The pool is closed for the winter. Only a few other things that need to be done really. Next project will be ripping up the carpet in the living room/dining room and replacing that with hardwood floors.

I'd also like to do some finishing in the basement, such as a drop ceiling, some paint, some walls around the structural pillars, and some carpet to make a nice room for the pool table.
Dont' do a drop ceiling in a basement. Just spruce up the exsiting floor joists, it feels a lot bigger when you dont' do a drop ceiling. You could spend the money elsewhere.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:
Dont' do a drop ceiling in a basement. Just spruce up the exsiting floor joists, it feels a lot bigger when you dont' do a drop ceiling. You could spend the money elsewhere.
How does one "spruce up" existing floor joists?

True that the money could be spent elsewhere.

Grr, other problem is I can't figure out where the damn gas switch for the fireplace is. Stupid bizarrely built home...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
How does one "spruce up" existing floor joists?

True that the money could be spent elsewhere.

Grr, other problem is I can't figure out where the damn gas switch for the fireplace is. Stupid bizarrely built home...
Did you trace the gas line into the fireplace?

I just mean cleaning and even painting if you feel up to it. I love exposed structure of any kind.
Take pic and I'll give you some recommendations.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
rob you should just invite a whole bunch of monkeys to your house for the weekend.. a weekend of rest , riding and restoration

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
rob you should just invite a whole bunch of monkeys to your house for the weekend.. a weekend of rest , riding and restoration
do you just come up with this stuff on the fly?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Its only wed, sheesh this week is intense. Gotta love when tests and projects always line up in the same week. I will be happy when friday afternoon comes that is for sure.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Its only wed, sheesh this week is intense. Gotta love when tests and projects always line up in the same week. I will be happy when friday afternoon comes that is for sure.

Yeah I'll be happy when Friday gets here too.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:
Did you trace the gas line into the fireplace?

I just mean cleaning and even painting if you feel up to it. I love exposed structure of any kind.
Take pic and I'll give you some recommendations.
Will do when I get home.

Haven't traced the gas line yet. This house is like it was constructed by a dyslexic schitzophrenic (sp). It's a jumble of mess.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Will do when I get home.

Haven't traced the gas line yet. This house is like it was constructed by a dyslexic schitzophrenic (sp). It's a jumble of mess.
Sounds like fun!!!

Man what I wouldn't give to be able to restore an old home.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
pretty much... the mind keeps spitting out things and then i type them here
Maybe you need a disconnect between your hands and brain.