Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well a member of our office who doesn't celebrate Christmas is gone on vacation so I get to listen to Christmas music for a couple weeks. I'm pretty psyched about that!!!

I've got about 75% of my shopping done already and all of that was done online.

Hope ya all have a great day!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Almost done with my shopping as well - did it all online this year. Just have to finish up Jenn (she might be done, just wanted to find one other thing but I'm not sure if it'll happen) and my grandmother.

Took yesterday off from the office to work on my consulting stuff all day... thank God that's going to be over at the end of the week!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. Almost done with my shopping as well - did it all online this year. Just have to finish up Jenn (she might be done, just wanted to find one other thing but I'm not sure if it'll happen) and my grandmother.

Took yesterday off from the office to work on my consulting stuff all day... thank God that's going to be over at the end of the week!
I'm so glad for the internet. What stuff I do have to go out and buy like stocking stuffers and smaller gifts I shop on the main street of where I work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

I need to get on line and buy some stuff for my wife. I'm just not sure what to get her.
There is about 10 more things I want to buy for Aubrey but I need to stop somewhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You want to listen to Christmas music? I got stuck in line at the grocery store and they were blasting some Michael Bolton Christmas album. It was enough to put me off of Christmas music for a long time, it was almost enough to put me off from hearing all together.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Westy said:
You want to listen to Christmas music? I got stuck in line at the grocery store and they were blasting some Michael Bolton Christmas album. It was enough to put me off of Christmas music for a long time, it was almost enough to put me off from hearing all together.
Michael.....Bolton....

Is that your real name?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Well I get pretty sick of the stuff at the mall thats true.... but it's a nice change at work.
Sorry that I enjoy Christmas, I have a decorated real tree that I cut down and I have a platform with a train and houses and everything.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I get plenty of Christmas music without making any deliberate attempt to listen to it...
I'm not really out at the stores so I don't get overwhelmed with it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
How's the cold Stosh?
It's still there. I took Aubrey's last dose of Antibiotics because they seemed to have helped her. Now I have a horrible stomach ache.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello.

We had our first deck hockey game of the new season last night and won 9-1. Damn our team looks good. We picked up two new kick ass players and got our captain back (he missed last season because of Lyme Disease).

I'm going over resumes for an open position in our department. Anyone else in a position where you interview and hire people? What a pain.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello.

We had our first deck hockey game of the new season last night and won 9-1. Damn our team looks good. We picked up two new kick ass players and got our captain back (he missed last season because of Lyme Disease).

I'm going over resumes for an open position in our department. Anyone else in a position where you interview and hire people? What a pain.
I've been there before. The worse part is being someone's boss/manager.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Sorry that I enjoy Christmas, I have a decorated real tree that I cut down and I have a platform with a train and houses and everything.

Dang, Mr. Griswald....I hear ya!

Today is much better....things are speeding up at work. As usual, we had our end-of-the-year run into our vacation time at the end of the month. We got the contract for three gianormous apartment buildings and they want all the floor and roof trusses before the 2nd of January! Ouch. We had just re-arranged all the 2nd shift guys over to 1st, and now we gotta scramble them back over again. I don't think I'm getting too many Christmas cards from them this year.

Got a haircut yesterday. Had to. The grey hair was more noticable the longer it got. :dead:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
We're trying to hire somebody right now to replace a dude who is retiring. I have to actually try to get someone who is worth a sh!t because I'm going to have to train them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Dang, Mr. Griswald....I hear ya!

Today is much better....things are speeding up at work. As usual, we had our end-of-the-year run into our vacation time at the end of the month. We got the contract for three gianormous apartment buildings and they want all the floor and roof trusses before the 2nd of January! Ouch. We had just re-arranged all the 2nd shift guys over to 1st, and now we gotta scramble them back over again. I don't think I'm getting too many Christmas cards from them this year.

Got a haircut yesterday. Had to. The grey hair was more noticable the longer it got. :dead:
Wow sounds like a pain!

How many people work at your company?
What do you do there exactly?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
LOL! I know that feeling all too well! It's really quite the same when you hear young students squeaking their way through Jingle Bells :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
LOL! I know that feeling all too well! It's really quite the same when you hear young students squeaking their way through Jingle Bells :p
Jingle bells, batman smells.....................

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Not a bad day today. Had our breast feeding class last night and I was a bit disappointed because I didn't learn anything new (although, I have read a couple of books already and have friends who have breast feed). Got home late, couldn't fall asleep so I am tired this AM (thank god for coffee). Supposed to get a little snow today so I am hoping that they cancel afterschool activities so I can go home and relax and wrap my RM SS gift!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
We're trying to hire somebody right now to replace a dude who is retiring. I have to actually try to get someone who is worth a sh!t because I'm going to have to train them.
Well I don't have to train the newbie myself, but I am accountable if I hire someone who sucks.

I'm also going to have to hire someone to take over my job so I can concentrate on actually managing a department (I have to unload all my analytical work). That should be interesting, hiring another me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning. I'm currently trying to overpower the Christmas music that's playing through the wall of the deli next door with my MP3 player.
Wait, you work next door to a deli! That would be dangerous for me!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
How many people work at your company?
What do you do there exactly?
We have 26 company employees and 5-7 temps depending on how slammed we are. We make residential roof and floor trusses. I'm the plant operations manager, so I pretty much do a little bit of everything---manage temps, engineer trusses, quality control, scheduling, ordering, etc. That kind of thing....

We're technically supposed to have the last week of the year off, but every year, there always seems to be that one contractor who just comes in the day, plops down some rediculous, heinous-sized plan, and goes "Can we have it before New Years?" Never fails. Then, we're forced to drag our asses in, find employees and somehow or another, get it done. Never fails.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
We have 26 company employees and 5-7 temps depending on how slammed we are. We make residential roof and floor trusses. I'm the plant operations manager, so I pretty much do a little bit of everything---manage temps, engineer trusses, quality control, scheduling, ordering, etc. That kind of thing....

We're technically supposed to have the last week of the year off, but every year, there always seems to be that one contractor who just comes in the day, plops down some rediculous, heinous-sized plan, and goes "Can we have it before New Years?" Never fails. Then, we're forced to drag our asses in, find employees and somehow or another, get it done. Never fails.
wood or steel trusses?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hey stosh, How are your spinning classes going?

I've been riding my trainer about 4-5 nights a week and lifting weights. I'm hoping to build up some great endurance by spring (look out!...yeah, probably not)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
hey stosh, How are your spinning classes going?

I've been riding my trainer about 4-5 nights a week and lifting weights. I'm hoping to build up some great endurance by spring (look out!...yeah, probably not)
I didn't go to the spin class this week and I barely did any work out last week because of this damn cold.
I have been noticing improvments in my endurance during the classes though. What kind of a trainer do you have?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I didn't go to the spin class this week and I barely did any work out last week because of this damn cold.
I have been noticing improvments in my endurance during the classes though. What kind of a trainer do you have?
I have a Minoura rim drive trainer. I use it with my road bike and the computer I bought for the bike is set up on the back wheel, so I can keep track of my progress, which is a huge motivator. I'm thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, but I have no clue what to get.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I have a Minoura rim drive trainer. I use it with my road bike and the computer I bought for the bike is set up on the back wheel, so I can keep track of my progress, which is a huge motivator. I'm thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, but I have no clue what to get.
Yeah I need to get a hear rate monitor.

The spin classes are great because they push you and change up the work out every time. I'm really happy I started taking the classes.
I'm really kind of T.O'ed because I didn't go this week.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Yeah I need to get a hear rate monitor.

The spin classes are great because they push you and change up the work out every time. I'm really happy I started taking the classes.
I'm really kind of T.O'ed because I didn't go this week.
We just did a story on spinning and I got to talk to several instructors. It looks interesting. I'd like to try it sometime.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
We just did a story on spinning and I got to talk to several instructors. It looks interesting. I'd like to try it sometime.
Ok well I'm sorry Mrs. Smarteepants.