Quantcast

~~~~~~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well, Stosh isn't here yet and I am bored (too many kids on a field trip today). So, how is everyone today? I am getting a lot of paperwork done and photocopying as I won't have many students today. :D Actually, looks like the rest of the week might be this way too :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning monkeys!!!!!!

ahh yes the holiday spirit!!! I finally finished my Christmas shopping last night. I bit the bullet and went to the mall in peak shopping time. I love long lines at the register... people walking on top of you and into you... ahh yes christmas!!!!!
I do have to say Victorias secret is very very christmasy!!! It was a pleasure to be in the store for so long!!!
Enjoy the day!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
office xmas thing for lunch...looking forward to eating too much

I think I'm joining a gym tonight........I need something interesting to look at while I do cardio

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning TreeSaw.

Did my Christmas exchange with Jenn last night, and she bought me some clothes, a belt, and a kickass watch! Full titanium (case and band), water resistant to 660ft., solar rechargable. Pretty excited about it :D

Haven't taken a picture of it yet so this will have to suffice for now.

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good morning and Happy Winter everyone.

After today I'll have a nice looong weekend. Why the hell do we have our longest holidays in the freaking winter? Supposed to get well into the 50 so winter will start out like fall should have been.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
binary visions said:
'morning TreeSaw.

Did my Christmas exchange with Jenn last night, and she bought me some clothes, a belt, and a kickass watch! Full titanium (case and band), water resistant to 660ft., solar rechargable. Pretty excited about it :D
Nice :thumb: I remember the days of exchanging gifts with Sq-Earl. It's nice not to have to shop for one another anymore, but as soon as Sydney's old enough to understand Christmas, we'll have to start again.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry guys, I let ya down!

I'm currently running a file recovery on my old HD. It appears there are some files on it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I'm currently running a file recovery on my old HD. It appears there are some files on it.
Excellent! :thumb:

Hope you get everything back. I still can't imagine what could have happened to it. I don't think I've ever had a drive show up as empty but still working. I'd had files just go missing before but it's usually due to massive bad sectors on the drive, and the drive usually quits working shortly after, and has lots of other symptoms besides just missing files.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys!

Doug - I thought you already belonged to a Gym?

I need to get my ass moving and start doing something cardio related too - but I hate the trainer, and I'm not a huge fan of running. What does that leave me with for options? :help:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Sorry guys, I let ya down!

;) Good luck with the harddrive recovery! Hopefully you didn't loose anything too important!. When our harddrive crashed last summer, we were able to hook it up as a slave and recover our own data (thank god...TONS of digital pics we would have lost).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
hooples3 said:
nice watch Binary!!! Very classy looking.
Thanks! I just don't like all the chronographs that they put in most watches, I just want it to be simple. I didn't realize I was so picky until I started looking at watches - I rejected all but 2 out of over 400 watches on Overstock.com :think:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning everyone! Fun, festive night last night. Got a necklace, fleece, cake decorating kit, and some stuff from Vicky's from bv! :)

Not much on the agenda tonight, aside from buying the last few presents I need before I fly home to NH. I am getting a bit nervous about that, too. Another plane w/ landing gear problems made an emergency landing in Boston last night. I hate flying!! :( Oh well... have a good Wednesday all!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
;) Good luck with the harddrive recovery! Hopefully you didn't loose anything too important!. When our harddrive crashed last summer, we were able to hook it up as a slave and recover our own data (thank god...TONS of digital pics we would have lost).
Yeah I tried that, it isnt that easy this time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
antimony said:
Good morning everyone! Fun, festive night last night. Got a necklace, fleece, cake decorating kit, and some stuff from Vicky's from bv! :)

Not much on the agenda tonight, aside from buying the last few presents I need before I fly home to NH. I am getting a bit nervous about that, too. Another plane w/ landing gear problems made an emergency landing in Boston last night. I hate flying!! :( Oh well... have a good Wednesday all!
Statistically your drive to the airport will be much more dangerous. And you can start drinking once you get to the airport.:)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all. I put my On-One Inbred 456 together last night (moreso than the quick job that I did in my office when it arrived). I left home a little early so I could ride some street before work and I am pretty sure that the Mary bars that came on it are GOING!

They are comfortable while just riding along, but were scary to hold on to when I hit a little stair gap.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DNA said:
Morning y'all. I put my On-One Inbred 456 together last night (moreso than the quick job that I did in my office when it arrived). I left home a little early so I could ride some street before work and I am pretty sure that the Mary bars that came on it are GOING!

They are comfortable while just riding along, but were scary to hold on to when I hit a little stair gap.
Wow sweet! What are you using that bike for?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
stosh said:
Wow sweet! What are you using that bike for?
XC, Street, Slalom, light DH. It is pretty much my all-around bike. I will take some good pics once I swap out the bar.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
DNA said:

Nice bike!

I know some people had better "feel" with thos Mary's by inverting them. Maybe that would help? If you find that you don't want to use them, hit me with a PM - I might be interested. Can you run grip shifters with em?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey everyone! Good luck with the drive, Stosh. Not much is going on here. Just another day closer to Friday when I go home for Christmas :D
Yeah thats what I'm saying. Although the worst part is I thought it was Thursday for some reason this morning... when reality hit it kind of sucked.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Westy said:
Statistically your drive to the airport will be much more dangerous. And you can start drinking once you get to the airport.:)
I do appreciate most people's idea of "flying is safer than driving." I have my own theory, though...

If you get in a car accident, you are usually traveling at speeds of 30-60mph, and you are traveling along the ground. If you crash, there is a good chance for injury. If you are in a plane, you are traveling at hundreds of miles per hour, 30,000 feet above the ground. Hence, if you crash, chances are you are going to die. That just doesn't settle well with me.

You are right though, I will be a drinking fool at the airport! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
antimony said:
I do appreciate most people's idea of "flying is safer than driving." I have my own theory, though...

If you get in a car accident, you are usually traveling at speeds of 30-60mph, and you are traveling along the ground. If you crash, there is a good chance for injury. If you are in a plane, you are traveling at hundreds of miles per hour, 30,000 feet above the ground. Hence, if you crash, chances are you are going to die. That just doesn't settle well with me.

The chances of getting a cold from a bunch of jerks crammed into a little aluminium tube are much higher too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
The chances of getting a cold from a bunch of jerks crammed into a little aluminium tube are much higher too.
All breathing the same reused air.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Westy said:
I think about that too, being the science geek that I am! ;) I guess if I land safely and don't get sick, I'll be a lucky girl! :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
MMcG said:
Nice bike!

I know some people had better "feel" with thos Mary's by inverting them. Maybe that would help? If you find that you don't want to use them, hit me with a PM - I might be interested. Can you run grip shifters with em?
Thanks man. I like the "feel" of the bar. I think that they would be great on an XC bike. They just don't feel safe when jumping the bike. I couldn't get enough oomph (<- technical term) when launching, and I have enough problems with that anway :). I think my wife might want the bars on her commuter bike, but I will let you know if she doesn't :thumb:.

Edit: On-One says they will work fine with Grip-Shift.

bluebug32 said:
But the bell has to stay!! ;)
Maybe, Mrs. DNA might be getting the bell too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
antimony said:

did you know 20 times as many people die from toasters as they do from sharks?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Back at work after a long weekend. Blech! Not much going on. The Mrs. and I finish our wrapping last night except for our gifts to each other. Probably tackle that tonight...shouldn't take long. That's about it i guess. Have a good day! :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning y'all. Had a good deck hockey game last night. We won 3-1...off to a 3-0 and start this season. No goals for me last night, but I played a pretty solid game. I was pleased.

I just interviewed candidate #1 of 3 today. It went kind of fast. For some reason, 25 minutes just seems short. :think: She was pretty good though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning y'all. Had a good deck hockey game last night. We won 3-1...off to a 3-0 and start this season. No goals for me last night, but I played a pretty solid game. I was pleased.

I just interviewed candidate #1 of 3 today. It went kind of fast. For some reason, 25 minutes just seems short. :think: She was pretty good though.

Babs - who screens the applicants for you? Or do you do that part too?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:

What do you think of Damon becoming a Yankee?

Edit: I'm interviewing someone for my old job. His resume says he is looking for an executive management position. He is interviewing for a field engineer spot. I don't think my boss actually reads resumes.