Quantcast

~~~~~~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Babs - who screens the applicants for you? Or do you do that part too?
I look at all the resumes that come in and decide who gets interviews. A recruiter does the initial interviewing.

Westy said:
What do you think of Damon becoming a Yankee?

Edit: I'm interviewing someone for my old job. His resume says he is looking for an executive management position. He is interviewing for a field engineer spot. I don't think my boss actually reads resumes.
After I fill this position, I have to start interviewing people for my old job. That'll be weird.

My e-mail to MBC this morning with regards to Johnny Damon:

I'm pissed at everyone.....pissed at Damon for going to the YANKMES of all teams...pissed at the Red Sox for having a terrible team president who sucks at negotiating, pissed at the Red Sox team because they are going to suck next year because as of right now they have no center fielder, shortstop or first baseman. BAH! I hope Damon blows out his knee in Spring Training.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I know...this week has been dragging! Are you taking time off next week?
Yeah I have Tuesday off. My boss gave me schit about it too. He's such and a$$ sometimes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
The Red Socks are becoming the Yankees minor league team. Play well in Boston and you can get a Big contract from George.
I guess it's a job, though, so you go where the money is. Just irritating that they lost Renteria, Damon and Olerud all in one shot. Damon is arguably one of the best lead-off hitters in the league, Olerud is a really great first baseman and while I don't have any really special feelings for Renteria, he was pretty solid.

Meh. Might be another 8+ decades until there's another World Series win under their belts :eviltongu

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Good morning. Not much to report. I still haven't started Xmas shopping. I plan on it every day, but then get home and spend the night playing with this little guy.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I plan on getting a ride in at durand today despite the snow. Then trying to finally get an idea for stosh's wedding reminder. I didn't forget about ya stosh:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Back at work after a long weekend. Blech! Not much going on. The Mrs. and I finish our wrapping last night except for our gifts to each other. Probably tackle that tonight...shouldn't take long. That's about it i guess. Have a good day! :)
Hey there...we missed you last night. ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BikeGeek said:
Good morning. Not much to report. I still haven't started Xmas shopping. I plan on it every day, but then get home and spend the night playing with this little guy.

BG - he is SO adorable. I can understand why you wouldn't want to leave his side once you're there with him :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
I plan on getting a ride in at durand today despite the snow. Then trying to finally get an idea for stosh's wedding reminder. I didn't forget about ya stosh:thumb:
Awesome because I tried to some work myself on it for 2hrs and I didn't get anywhere. Thanks I can't wait to see them.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
I guess it's a job, though, so you go where the money is. Just irritating that they lost Renteria, Damon and Olerud all in one shot. Damon is arguably one of the best lead-off hitters in the league, Olerud is a really great first baseman and while I don't have any really special feelings for Renteria, he was pretty solid.

Meh. Might be another 8+ decades until there's another World Series win under their belts :eviltongu

Renteria was pretty solid??? I thought he sucked big time compared to what he was getting paid and to what his performance level was when he was in the National League. I think it was a smart move to get rid of him.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hey stosh do you have any examples of one. I've only ever been to two weddings and neither one sent me a reminder so I can't say I've ever even seen one. Just for some ideas.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
MMcG said:
Renteria was pretty solid??? I thought he sucked big time compared to what he was getting paid and to what his performance level was when he was in the National League. I think it was a smart move to get rid of him.
I dunno, Renteria had a down year. Not horrible, but certainly not as good as he played for the Cardinals. He did have a couple of decent streaks in the second half. I would have given him another year based on past performance. Heck, the Yankees held onto Giambi with all of his problems :blah:.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend of mine send cool reminders for their wedding. A small fridge magnet of a calendar with the date highlighted.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Yeah I have Tuesday off. My boss gave me schit about it too. He's such and a$$ sometimes.
I'm taking Thurs. and Fri. of next week. I got a look from my boss when I asked because we're closing an issue then, but everyone else will be taking off as well and we have to use our days or we lose them.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Renteria was the worst defensive shortstop in baseball last year with 30 errors. He blamed the Fenway infield. Ummm...he had just as many errors on the road as he had at home. Not to mention he has a weak bat. Plus, he could not handle the scrutiny and pressure of playing in Boston. Rentanerror had to go.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Westy said:
Friend of mine send cool reminders for their wedding. A small fridge magned of a calendar with the date highlighted.
That's a good idea. I got one that was handmade, but very simple, just two different color triangle-like shapes put together with the info. in the center. The bride made them herself.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Renteria was pretty solid??? I thought he sucked big time compared to what he was getting paid and to what his performance level was when he was in the National League.
Bad year, I agree. Not a bad player, though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Arrrggghhh....Mutha F'er!!!! I totally forgot!!! :mad: There goes my chance to get out of the house for a drink for another 2 months. :mumble:
D'oh! We had a short one...the West Side Stadium closed early (at 8pm) for a Christmas Party. How's Kell doing?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Monkies :D

Finally got all the gifts wrapped for our trip to Vegas, and some small gifts for co-workers put together

I took a walk the other night and snapped some pics of the lights in the park across the street (they are a little blurry because I was shivering)

Have a good day everyone :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! Today is my Friday so I'm happy. Last night I went to a "meeting" for the Bend Bella Cyclists. I'm taking over updating the webpage so this should be interesting. Anywho...good excuse to socialize and drink. :)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
hooples3 said:
hey shrimp!!! when are you leaving??? Bringing bikes???enjoy the trip !!! and Merry Christmas
I'm leaving early (i.e. 3am) Saturday morning and returning Monday sometime. No bikes, but I have this Friday and next Tuesday off, so I'll be biking then. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm up to 12gigs of Recovered information.

I had 100gig on my computer but most of that was music which I dont' really mind losing. I mind losing my pictures and Aubreys' Word Doc school work.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
I'm up to 12gigs of Recovered information.

I had 100gig on my computer but most of that was music which I dont' really mind losing. I mind losing my pictures and Aubreys' Word Doc school work.

If you can't recover those pictures of Aubrey, let me know and I'll show you where on the net you can download them. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
If you can't recover those pictures of Aubrey, let me know and I'll show you where on the net you can download them. ;)
Actually I feel weird working on this hard drive at work due to some senstive content on my old drive.