Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm back at work, I'm pretty psyched because a big job I was working on started up so I should be able to get some OT over the next few months. Plus I won't have my boss always pestering me.

Hope ya all have a great day!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Looks like another boring day at work, followed by an uneventful evening...oh well. I did get free Krispy Kremes when I came in, though, which was a fabulous start to the day! :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

There's a girl here who's been here for six months, and she still hasn't been able to learn what I learned in the first two days I was here. Consequently, she's slow and not doing enough.

The obvious solution is to fire her, right? Nope, they hired another girl to help her :rolleyes:.

This office is bursting at the seams with estrogen. Hope this new girl is better than the other one.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

There's a girl here who's been here for six months, and she still hasn't been able to learn what I learned in the first two days I was here. Consequently, she's slow and not doing enough.

The obvious solution is to fire her, right? Nope, they hired another girl to help her :rolleyes:.

This office is bursting at the seams with estrogen. Hope this new girl is better than the other one.
I picked up a 300gig external Seagate drive from Outpost for $150 after the $50 rebate!!

My comfort level will spike 10points when I get that hooked up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

my damned lock was almost frozen this morning. Parking outside in the winter sucks ass.

Well at least it is a short work week this week. We got a pretty hearty amount of heavy snow yesterday. NOt sure of total accumulation but this shiz was really heavy snow to have to shovel. :dead:

I'm jonesin for some warm dry weather and to be out on the trails riding my bike again. The Holidays are Over - hurry up Spring!!! :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I picked up a 300gig external Seagate drive from Outpost for $150 after the $50 rebate!!
:thumb:

Nice. I really need to get an external backup. I know what I want, I just haven't been able to convince myself to spend the bucks on it.

For now, I have them backed up on my laptop, which is okay but hardly a fail-safe.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Ugg, first early morning back at work...need coffee. Hound, when did you make your avatar so scary?? You already live in Mebane, just bought a new sh!tkicker of an axe, and ride an all black bike...you're intimidating enough :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
SuboptimusPrime said:
Ugg, first early morning back at work...need coffee. Hound, when did you make your avatar so scary?? You already live in Mebane, just bought a new sh!tkicker of an axe, and ride an all black bike...you're intimidating enough :)
I know....it is kinda spooky. But the kitty with the limeshell helmet was already taken. :p

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
It's all good, I know you're not as bad ass as you pretend to be.

When do we get to come help you enjoy your christmas present??:sneaky:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
:thumb:

Nice. I really need to get an external backup. I know what I want, I just haven't been able to convince myself to spend the bucks on it.

For now, I have them backed up on my laptop, which is okay but hardly a fail-safe.
how big is your laptop HD?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
how big is your laptop HD?
Not very big, but all I back up on it is my pictures and documents.

My concern mostly lies with the fact that laptops are not exactly the sturdiest things in the world. They fail more often than desktops and with less warning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh one freaking cool thing during this past holiday season is I had the pleasure of going to the bar in this scene of Super Troopers

I was really tempted to do donuts in the parking lot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm all moved into my new office. It is a large one that I have to share with someone else who is turning out to be very annoying. Despite having a cubicle type wall between us he feels the need to narrate everything he does to me not to mention having a bunch of annoying audio clips on his computer that plays when he gets an e-mail etc. I am going to need to find more music as I will now be listening to my MP3 constantly to drown out the chatter.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
not to mention having a bunch of annoying audio clips on his computer that plays when he gets an e-mail etc.
I used to work near a dude like that. He could carry on entire coversations with .wav files. It was a pretty impressive skill.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
i checked out the Tues night spin classes held here at work for the 1st time, and there were a few nice sights in the room. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
I'm all moved into my new office. It is a large one that I have to share with someone else who is turning out to be very annoying. Despite having a cubicle type wall between us he feels the need to narrate everything he does to me not to mention having a bunch of annoying audio clips on his computer that plays when he gets an e-mail etc. I am going to need to find more music as I will now be listening to my MP3 constantly to drown out the chatter.
i'll send you a choice one if you give me yr email address.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
i checked out the Tues night spin classes held here at work for the 1st time, and there were a few nice sights in the room. :)
Unfortunately, that's not the case with this office :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DRB said:
I just got my bonus letter so it is a VERY VERY VERY Happy Humpday.
It's amazing that I get about 1/2 of my bonus by the time the state and feds get done with it. Of course I'll be getting some back when I do my taxes but still... I f'ing hate NY taxes.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkeys....

I had the pleasure of installing not one but two new faucets in the new house yesterday... it wasnt so bad but i needed to also put in shut-off valves in the upstairs bath room, and there wasnt so much room to work.
i also finally remebered to reset my cycle computers for the new year. last years numbers... 2637 miles on the road, 1147 on the dirt.. part of my new years resolution is bringing that dirt number up a bit!!!!

have a great day

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I used to work near a dude like that. He could carry on entire coversations with .wav files. It was a pretty impressive skill.
Working for an automation company I have access to some cool stuff. My boss had gone on a month long vacation. We riged up a seperate logic controller to control his mouse that would run a Arnold Schwarzteneger (sp?) sound bourd on his pc. A motion sensor would greet you when you entered his office and you could ask him yes no questions through a small operator panel. When he would speak the mouth on a lifesize printout would move. After a few questions it would get pissed off and threaten you. It was such a hit at one point we had a line of people waiting to play with it. Our CEO even came over to check it out. No such fun is had around the office anymore.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I put an offer out to a job candidate Friday at 4:00. She accepted by 4:30. Sweeeet! I'm stoked. She's got tons of potential. I only see her in the job for a few years at most. She's going to outgrow it. She was far better than any of the other candidates, although she's costing us a little bit more. I'm going to have to increase a couple of my staff's pay to avoid any hard feelings.

Congrats on the bonus, DRB!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

Are either of them hot?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
robdamanii said:
Are either of them hot?
No. The one that's been working here a while isn't even close, and the new one isn't bad looking in that very-made-up-high-maintenance kind of way, but that's not really my type.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh!

I finally made a decision on a DSLR last night, now I'm looking at lenses to go with it. I'm enjoying the fact that my gym is within walking distance from the house because I can just decide to head over whenever the mood strikes, went over last night after dinner and had a nice little work out.

Work has been slow since coming back after the holiday, but it looks like it is picking up again today. Other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh!

I finally made a decision on a DSLR last night, now I'm looking at lenses to go with it. I'm enjoying the fact that my gym is within walking distance from the house because I can just decide to head over whenever the mood strikes, went over last night after dinner and had a nice little work out.

Work has been slow since coming back after the holiday, but it looks like it is picking up again today. Other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)
So have you been taking a lot of pic? I'm freaking jealous!
I would love to take a refresher photography class.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Shyrmp said:
I finally made a decision on a DSLR last night, now I'm looking at lenses to go with it.
sweet! what're you going w/, and what lenses are you looking at? i'm in sorta the same boat...my lovely and generous wife got me a rebel xt for xmas, and now i'm trying to figure out what lenses to get which won't bankrupt me. on BV's suggestion i ordered a 50mm prime (very inexpensive but high quality and fast) and that arrives next week...then it's on to a different zoom lens (the kit lens is rather limited).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning monkeys. Back to school with kiddies today (yesterday I had meetings all day). Not so bad...though most of them forgot that they had band/lessons. Not really a surprise as they tend to forget these things often especially after vacations and concerts. Now I have a nice break so I am off to run some errands. Supposed to be crappy weather tonight so I figure I should get it done now. I officially have my due date countdown going...only 25 1/2 more days to go :eek: (I'm due the 29th). :D